The end of the Weather Channel?

Used to watch the weather channel all the time before I got a blackberry. Now it's redundant in my eyes because going to intellicast.com or weatherbug on a phone gives you real time weather updates. Most of the women on there aren't bad to look at though.

I think the weather crew tend to act a little like gypsies...I never really know what to believe and I take things with a grain of salt until I start seeing evidence of what they predict....

Laura

I think the weather crew tend to act a little like gypsies...I never really know what to believe and I take things with a grain of salt until I start seeing evidence of what they predict....

Laura

Yep, I just stick my head out the window. :lol:

My experience with the weather channel (Exaggerated of course!)

Check the weather to make sure its going to be nice to ride my motorcycle all day.
weather2.png

I go out and get on my bike and notice how the weather actually looks..
Weather4.jpg

Curse you weather channel, you lied to me! *Goes back the next day and repeats the same cycle*

I use the Weather Channel app on my iPhone. I don't like WeatherBug, I found it to be annoying. I don't think the contract dispute with DirecTV will spell the end of TWC. I just think it is a bump in the road. A lot of people still depend on the TWC. Besides a lot of research into meteorology has been funded in part by TWC. Case in point: Dr. Joshua Wurman and his DOW fleet. He has spearheaded the research with joint funding by TWC, The Discovery Channel, as well as the National Science Foundation. Without the coverage provided by a documentary produced by TWC, he would have never got the funding he needed to conduct his research.

I have the Weather Channel application already on my screen and in the lower toolbar. I like to see how much temperature I have in Santa Fe. The weather is mild and sunny now. :)

Back