The doctor's verdict - explantation

radka73

Reaction score
see. fibers
AllDeaf.com - Search Results

Today I was at the doctor. He is my surgery.
My cochlear implant surgery was in juny 2011.

The final verdict now is explantation!

I have entrance to the clinic in October.
My cochlear implant will be sent for analysis. For a half a year thereafter, the new operation will maybe again eventually.

Again, I'm deaf :-(

Last edited:
I wonder.
A classic example is, the implant is completely defective. He does not work at all.
But it may happen, that the implant (maybe half working properly) works, but there are health problems? Cutting and burning at the implant site?
The question, whether the implant is bad, or is it a problem in my head?
Reimplantation is allowed?

I have time to think. If is the implant o.k., the problem for me. When the implant is badly, reimplantation is clear.

As a CI user this is one of my worst fears. I hope things work out for you in the long run.

You were likely implanted with the now-recalled implant, I think the ceramic case is especially fragile in that model.

They may need to wait to reimplant so your ear gets a chance to heal from the explantation?

are you prof deaf? you can possible unsuccessfully become cochlear implant cause doesn't work cochlear implant. I experience cochlear implant unsuccessfully implant, because it is remove implant, It is very dangerous on reason cochlear implant wiseful. team cochlear implant will quality for you approval I don't know what you audiology!!

17th January was performed explantation CI.
Implant was removed. Elekroda is left in the cochlea.
The implant is sent to the manufacturer for analysis and for four months, we will know the results.
For the half year will consider next steps.

Back