The Da Vinci Code

Vance

Reaction score
Yep, movie version. IMDb has spoken!

Summary:

While in Paris on business, Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon ('Tom Hanks') receives an urgent late-night phone call: the elderly curator of the Louvre has been murdered inside the museum. Near the body, police have found a baffling cipher. Solving the enigmatic riddle, Langdon is stunned to discover it leads to a trail of clues hidden in the works of Da Vinci - clues visible for all to see, and yet ingeniously disguised by the painter. Langdon joins forces with a gifted French cryptologist, Sophie Neveu (Audrey Tautou), and learns the late curator was involved in the Priory of Sion - an actual secret society. In a breathless race through Paris, London and beyond, Langdon and Neveu match wits with a faceless powerbroker who appears to work for Opus Dei - a clandestine, Vatican-sanctioned Catholic organization believed to have long plotted to seize the Priory's secret. Unless Langdon and Neveu can decipher the labyrinthine puzzle in time, the Priory's secret - and a stunning historical truth - will be lost forever.

Release: May 19, 2006/May 30, 2006

Director: Ron Howard

Writer: Akiva Goldsman

Actors/Actresses: Tom Hanks, Jean Reno, Audrey Tautou, Christopher Eccleston (in talks), Kate Beckinsale (rumored)

Notes: "The Da Vinci Code" has been on nationwide best seller lists virtually non-stop since it was released by Doubleday in 2003, including 87 weeks at the top of the New York Times bestseller list. Over 20 million copies of the novel are in print worldwide and the book has been translated into 42 different languages.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382625/ and http://movies.go.com/moviesdynamic/movies/movie?id=635349

The movie was quite a disappointment. Too summarized and kept on jumping all over. The movie could had been better if it had a different screenwriter, director and actors. They should had picked a relatively unknown actor to play the role as the movie was already a guaranteed moneymaker because of how many copies of the novel were sold.

Sorry, but I just thought it was pretty terrible for a highly anticipated film.

The movie was quite a disappointment. Too summarized and kept on jumping all over. The movie could had been better if it had a different screenwriter, director and actors. They should had picked a relatively unknown actor to play the role as the movie was already a guaranteed moneymaker because of how many copies of the novel were sold.

Yeah my brother said the same thing when he saw that in theatres and thought it was pure garbage lol. :lol:

I love that novel. Also movie is really terrible. It is too long and dry. Nothing makes you feel.

I watched it the other night. It was all meaningless. I don't support their ideas about that woman who married Christ. I am totally 110% believer that Christ was NEVER married.

It's horrible? I recently just brought a DVD of the movie "The Da Vinci Code", I thought it was gotta be a good one. :Ohno: I haven't watched it yet, was planning on watching those new release movies this coming up on Thanksgiving that I just brought.

You all guys don't need to know who am I? I might be the Priory of Sion. To guard the secret guess who I am request to protect her? hehehe

I always want read that book and watch movie but there is no time for me to do it... I heard 2 different side of story. some people say it good, other say it sucks

Worst worst than I thought !... too long movie and talk talk talk!

Not much action in the movie.

M-:afro:

too bad Tom Hanks had to be involved in that kind of crap lol

Yes I agree with you but unfortunately Ron Howard will be directing the prequel storyline to the Da Vinci Code called Angels & Demons and Tom Hank will be back as Dr. Robert Langdon.

I saw this movie myself too, I find it so boring and I don't believe Christ was married either....

I watched it the other night. It was all meaningless. I don't support their ideas about that woman who married Christ. I am totally 110% believer that Christ was NEVER married.

Yes, I watched it last month. I not buy it them story! They lair story and make up!!! BRAINWASH!!!!

Yes, I watched it last month. I not buy it them story! They lair story and make up!!! BRAINWASH!!!!

Um... the novel is a fiction. So of course, it's not true. The author made that quite clear. So he wasn't lying since it's not a true story to start with.

Yeah i read that the author stated its a fiction story. I havent seen the movie.

Back