The Cars Thieves Love Most

PePe LePew

Reaction score
Just because your Honda is a clunker doesn't mean it's safe to leave it unlocked while you make a coffee run.

Approximately 1 million vehicles are stolen nationwide every year, but the 1994 Honda Accord is the most stolen car, according to an Aug. 24 report by the National Insurance Crime Bureau. Last year, more than 55,000 Accords were stolen in the U.S. Needless to say, the thieves aren't after style, just substance.

Click on the links below to read more:

the-cars-thieves-love-most: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Just because your Honda is a clunker doesn't mean it's safe to leave it unlocked while you make a coffee run.

Approximately 1 million vehicles are stolen nationwide every year, but the 1994 Honda Accord is the most stolen car, according to an Aug. 24 report by the National Insurance Crime Bureau. Last year, more than 55,000 Accords were stolen in the U.S. Needless to say, the thieves aren't after style, just substance.

Click on the links below to read more:

the-cars-thieves-love-most: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Who care about 14 years old Honda? It's pretty old technolgy. I am sure mostly newer Honda is not work anymore.

Funny thing Dodge is only 5 years old and still steal.

The thieves strip the cars for parts. They pick the most popular model brand so that they have a bigger market to sell those parts.

The most common reason people steal is due to drug addiction, Meth mostly.

Yiz

The thieves strip the cars for parts. They pick the most popular model brand so that they have a bigger market to sell those parts.

Yup! They take it and chop up the car in a chop shop and sell parts. People always in need of car parts. Even if the car is old. They grab the cars that has parts that is in higher demand.

Yeah, that's the case with theives...use them for parts to sell to the public because it's common on those Accords. In WA state...1992 Honda Accord is most stolen car.

Yiz, i believe thats a myth, probably a stereotype, Id would reckon car theives is well connected to the parts/wreckers trade....and probably also used car trade as in refurbishing already stolen cars to make identifying difficult

Yup! They take it and chop up the car in a chop shop and sell parts. People always in need of car parts. Even if the car is old. They grab the cars that has parts that is in higher demand.

yup

Great.....my truck is on that list...but why does the year cares? mine is 2003.

hm...my bro has a honda and he's been talking to me about selling my winterbeater....talk about a lose-lose situation...

Well, I've had many Hondas and none of them were stolen...but one of them was broken in to steal stuff in the car...(prowling).

in New Zealand one of the most stolen cars is the Subaru WRX, and similar...

Back