The Bible Says Earth is Flat

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, there were a number of people who believed Earth was a sphere back in the ol' days. Chris Columbus certainly was not the first one to believe that.

In fact, there are still quite a number of people who believe Earth is flat. Believe it or not, and they're trying their best to debunk the "Earth is a Sphere"... so-called myths.
Sad... *shakes head in shame*

There maybe be a number of people that believed the Earth was round back then. But Columbus was the 1st to make the voyage & try to prove everyone's belief..

As far as the people now-a-days still believe the Earth is flat. They got serious problems LMAO!!

No, there were a number of people who believed Earth was a sphere back in the ol' days. Chris Columbus certainly was not the first one to believe that.

In fact, there are still quite a number of people who believe Earth is flat. Believe it or not, and they're trying their best to debunk the "Earth is a Sphere"... so-called myths.

Even Galileo told his people that Earth was round but his people kept mocking him and didn't believe him. They even wanted to cruify him, I think. He lived way before Colombus' time.

Yep, there were several high-intelligent people in the ancient past knew that earth was flat.

I have read several of your responses about the world is flat. I kind of laughed about this {Mod Edit: comment construed insulting to others}
Yes, we did believed that the world was flat in the beginning because at that time we were not able to proven that due to lack of technology. Until Christopher Columbus, he was able to sailed to a new world and came back. When he came back, people were mesmerized by his trip. They thought he was going to drop off at the end of the world at the time when people thought the world was flat. Since then, the people started to look into other scientific theories such as earth was the center of the universe.

Many scientists were condemned by the church because they went against the bible. Here is one good example below:

The Catholic Church now admits the "Galileo Incident" was a "mistake". According to the Catholic Encyclopedia the Church is only infallible in matters of religious dogma, and its current definition of religious dogma extends only to matters of faith and morals. Thus the Catholic Church made a "mistake" with Galileo because the Church confused religious dogma with a matter of science. However the Church's claim of papal infallibility is still intact because the pope never invoked his infallibility and explicitly claimed that the universe was geocentric, and even if he did it wouldn't count because according to the Church the pope's infallibility only extends to matters of religious dogma and not to matters of science.

However it is quite clear that at the time of Galileo the Church's infallible religious dogma did extend to all matters of science including astronomy, biology, geology, geography, and archaeology. Even today religious fundamentalists still insist the Bible is the literal infallible Word of God, inerrant, without contradiction, correct in all matters of Faith and all matters of science. They force the Bible to fit in with today's knowledge of science, like forcing a square peg into a round hole, or they attack any science they can not yet force the Bible to conform to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, there were several high-intelligent people in the ancient past knew that earth was flat.

don't you mean, few high-intelligent people thought earth is sphere?

its true that the Bible is infallible. And even the Bible mentioned the world is round. In early times when some do misinterpret the phrase " unto end of the earth" thought meant the earth is flat or when reach where dawn and dusk, will be a fall off, but that's not what it meant. In the OT, there are proven the world is round.

There are a lot of misinterpretation about the bible through out the times. We could be misinterpreting some very important quotes about Jesus.

Oh yeah, there are some misinterpret the Bible and even many taking advantage by not keeping their faith by using as of misinterpret.

I have met a lot of die hard christian members and they seemed to not open their mind for any possibility of the bible being wrong.

Well, the truth is the Bible does not have any errors. Many are saying there is contradictions, and errors bec they are spiritual blinded and ignorance. Bec there is no contradictions in the Bible. Sad thing is, they quote from someone else for as "proof" of contradictions, whch is there isn't any contradictions.

Upon googling, I found many sites.
The following links are just the first two I found.
A List Of Biblical Contradictions

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/inconsistencies.shtml

Just google and you will find plenty.
Oh well.

Wow, it's pretty such interesting, thank you for linking it! :applause:
Now, I had added on my favorites as Bookmarks in it! You are superb! :thumb:
I has been learned about anything new! How God's does creation on it own order at this for 7 days. See it here at "Order at creation" Thank you very much! I love to learn a new thing! I couldn't thank
you a billion times than enough!:ily:

Because I love God & Jesus is my best friends I have so that I need to
read bible to learn a new things!

Yeah, the Living Word of God-The Bible is lot to learn only by the help of the Holy Spirit to enlighten u to know what God is speaking. The Bible is al kinds like, history, prophetic, the law, spiritual nourishments, disciplines and many more. No other religions has align from the OT as The Living Word of God-the Bible.

don't you mean, few high-intelligent people thought earth is sphere?

Read extra carefully what I actually said in topic #123 on this page... Here I repeat below...

"Yep, there were several high-intelligent people in the ancient past knew that earth was flat."

They were astrologers, scientists, Galileo, and several more.

I don't know as if Colombus actually did say that earth was flat. But maybe later he realized about it, duh. He was awful good with the stars to navigate his ships many times.

Even certain sources said that they think that anicent egpytians may even knew that earth was flat due to their high knowledge somehow.

Read extra carefully what I actually said in topic #123 on this page... Here I repeat below...

"Yep, there were several high-intelligent people in the ancient past knew that earth was flat."

They were astrologers, scientists, Galileo, and several more.

I don't know as if Colombus actually did say that earth was flat. But maybe later he realized about it, duh. He was awful good with the stars to navigate his ships many times.

Even certain sources said that they think that anicent egpytians may even knew that earth was flat due to their high knowledge somehow.

no, I thought you mean sphere not flat? Because several is as few that figure out earth is sphere not flat while idiot people thought Earth is always FLAT as way it is

no, I thought you mean sphere not flat? Because several is as few that figure out earth is sphere not flat while idiot people thought Earth is always FLAT as way it is

Yes, you got it right. I misused the word, geez. Yes, I meant a sphere or round, not flat. me duh lol

... the infamous Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice — the group of senior Islamic clergy that reigns supreme on all legal, civil, and governance matters in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia...

Among the commission's deeds is the famed 1974 fatwa — issued by its blind leader at the time, Sheik Abdul Aziz Ben Baz — which declared that the Earth was flat and immobile. In a book issued by the Islamic University of Medina, the sheik argued: "If the earth is rotating, as they claim, the countries, the mountains, the trees, the rivers, and the oceans will have no bottom...."

January 15, 2007
URL: Will Saudis Ban the Letter ‘X'? - January 15, 2007 - The New York Sun

The Earth is round..simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back