The Best In The Country (and The World)

Jezie
What you keep missing (and it seems to be on purpose for posting purposes) is that in my opinion to most people Propaganda equals something of a misleading nature if not an outright lie. I made no reference to the content of the video but am thinking in terms of the common meaning of propaganda.

Last edited:
Jezie
What you keep missing (and it seems to be on purpose for posting purposes) is that in my opinion to most people Propaganda equals something of a misleading nature if not an outright lie. I made no reference to the content of the video but am thinking in terms of the common meaning of propaganda.

granted its a post post modern age as such anything can mean anything to anyone or any people.
that is true

but i am using the standard definition of propaganda, not the "what it means to ss billy bob on the corner."..

thats why definitions matter, thats why we have things like dictionaries and even wiki, because if everyone, you me and everyone can just make meaning up for what ever, how could anyone actually then have any meaningful discussion or dialogue in life or here..

the reason why propaganda works is because it uses actually real facts and real things...in its methodology to sway opinion by misleading with those actual "facts"

thats part of the very idea that's why it works and is so powerful..

for instance...

in regards to jews (im using them as they are important in understanding the development of what became known as propaganda as jews were the foremost victims of it during the rise of the thrid riech) anyone can state they all are from mars...that wont really get allot of traction because most human beings know they are not from mars. so if one wants to sway an opinion against them stating they are all form mars prob isnt the best way, instead they will take a seeming fact "they are wealthy" (even though most actually were very poor, but some indeed were wealthy),and use that to cause wedges and plms in people's relation with them focusing on the wealth and others poverty both are real, but stating they are all from mars wont cut it if you want to sway opinion..
so you need to get some facts some are wealthy, then mislead..."they are all wealhty" then "they are all wealthy because you are poor" then..."you are poor ebcause they are wealthy" to" you are poor because they took that wealth from you"...and use those facts to sway the opinion you wish to sway
all the facts are still true, theyre are poor jews, theyre are wealthy jews, theyre are poor others, and there are wealthy others.....drop the wealthy others and poor jews and focus on the facts that will push your goal..

propaganda.

now only the true believer would argue no multi nationals or no political parties use propaganda in mdoeling how they wish to sway opinion

we knwo for a fact both in various forms and entities use propaganda. its a standard tool..

its well worked tool in political discourse and in economic opinion generating.

Fact is being stated, that can be verified. The Clinics track record can easily verified. Bias is opinion that may not be verifiable.

has anyone here challenged the facts?
or the clinics track record?

but here's the thing

if we can state "this is what it means to me" regarding anything ie propaganda or whatever, then doesn't it stand to reason that very same relativism can be brought to bare on your claimed "facts?"

i haven't done it yet

but i'm curious as to where you and other true believers are drawing the line

Jezie

Ah... so when you stated ...
"Propaganda" is information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicise a particular political cause or point of view."

You keep leaving out the part that I have added bold to.

You just sought to criticize a person for the proper use of a word, even though your opinion of it and its proper definition vary... really did not have anything to add to the discussion... thanks for clearing that up... will leave it be then...

The vid has been referred to as propaganda. The whole point of it was to show the level of expertise & professionalism of their CI center.

The vid has been referred to as propaganda. The whole point of it was to show the level of expertise & professionalism of their CI center.

yes as is the point of propaganda to show something....for a reason....to sway opinion,

that video was not just a video of images it also sued language and words, the language used and the words used convey whats called "meaning"..
it wasnt just to convey expertise and professionalism, that could've been done a number of ways,

they choose to "convey" the ideas they did in the ways they did for certain reason..

thats crutch your obviously by choice refusing to understand..

but i am using the standard definition of propaganda, not the "what it means to ss billy bob on the corner."..

But "ss billy bob on the corner" as you call someone is much more likely to read these posts than someone that has checked things like dictionaries for the definition. Thus, it changes the impressions your posts leave.

But "ss billy bob on the corner" as you call someone is much more likely to read these posts than someone that has checked things like dictionaries for the definition. Thus, it changes the impressions your posts leave.

i cant control what others people's education level is, nor if they actually know the language they are using..

all i can do is keep to the definitions that are accepted in discussions like these. to be whats called clear..

you can join a post modernist forum and see how those chats go..

"today a cop was killed"

"to me kill means something different"
"cop means no cop and no cop cant get killed thus killed is killing and cop no cop"

"its all relative, meaning is what you make it.."

"two nuns walk into a bar"

"a bar means something different to me, whats a nun spelled backwards.."

yes yes yes

though fun, i grant it doesn't lead to very good discussions of important things does it?

so lets not sink to billy bob on the corners take on what words mean and dont..and instead for discussions like these stick to actually accepted meaning and convention, is that to hard a thing to ask?

Back