The benefits of Lemon Water

hi folks, lemon is excellent for health... warm water with lemon is better than cold water with lemon bec cold water causes bad health like cancer, running nose, etc. Dont drink lemon water daily.....take it temporary only. take care...

I am sorry that I have to disagree with you on this, because I have never heard that "cold water and lemon water " cause cancer. Do you have proof of that? I have never heard no such thing as water and not drinknig lemon water will cause health problems.

You could mix lemon juice with 100 percent PURE oilve oil and eat it by one spoonful. It's good for your liver and other functions I forget.

Yep that true too. Drinking water is so important for good health. When you were a kid in school, you learned that each molecule of water is made up of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom. You may also have learned that it was great fun to fill up your squirt guns with water, at least until the principal caught you. What you may not have learned, however, was how much water you needed in order to be a healthy human being.

Why You Need to Drink Water

Your body is estimated to be about 60 to 70 percent water. Blood is mostly water, and your muscles, lungs, and brain all contain a lot of water. Your body needs water to regulate body temperature and to provide the means for nutrients to travel to all your organs. Water also transports oxygen to your cells, removes waste, and protects your joints and organs. You lose water through urination, respiration, and by sweating If you are very active, you lose more water than if you are sedentary. Diuretics such as caffeine pills and alcohol result in the need to drink more water because they trick your body into thinking you have more water than we need.

Symptoms of mild dehydration include chronic pains in joints and muscles,lower back pain, headaches and constipation. A strong odor to your urine, along with a yellow or amber color indicates that you may not be getting enough water. Note that riboflavin, a B Vitamin, will make your urine bright yellow. Thirst is an obvious sign of dehydration and in fact, you need water long before you feel thirsty.

:dance2:

Because of this thread, I went out and bought a bunch of lemons, cut them up, and started putting the juice in my water (stared today) and wow! I really enjoy drinking my water and it lessens the urge to buy pop. I am trying to quit drinking pop daily but I get tired of plain water but now with all the info provided here, I am very motivated to drink water.

Thanks for sharing the info! I hope I get addicted to water with lemon! :D

I do chopped raw onion very finely for guacamole, don't forget to put in lots of garlic (fresh) for me.. smile

I love this when I go to Texas Longhorn for steak/chicken Fajitas, I must have lots of guacamole..

Thanks CanukianChick that sounds soo good!

Because of this thread, I went out and bought a bunch of lemons, cut them up, and started putting the juice in my water (stared today) and wow! I really enjoy drinking my water and it lessens the urge to buy pop. I am trying to quit drinking pop daily but I get tired of plain water but now with all the info provided here, I am very motivated to drink water.

Yes, Shel I am addicted to water with lemon since I am cutting down on sodapop also.

I am sorry that I have to disagree with you on this, because I have never heard that "cold water and lemon water " cause cancer. Do you have proof of that? I have never heard no such thing as water and not drinknig lemon water will cause health problems.

(from: The World's Healthiest Foods)
Cold water can be more quickly absorbed from the stomach than hot water, and for this reason, there are times when cold water is helpful for quick rehydration. After a gym workout, for example, many people prefer water at a cold temperature. However, there are definitely exceptions, and for some individuals it is far easier to consume a substantial amount of water at room temperature than the same amount on ice or refrigerated.

also this was very interesting from, howthingswork.com

Main > Health > Fitness PRINT EMAIL
Does drinking ice water burn calories?

For anyone trying to lose weight, this question is an exciting one! If you simply want to know if your body burns calories warming up the water, the answer is yes. But if you want to know if drinking a lot of ice water can help you lose weight, or keep weight off, this "yes" needs to be qualified with some calculations.
First of all, calories are case-sensitive. There are calories and then there are Calories. Calories with a big "c" are the ones used to describe the amount of energy contained in foods. A calorie with a little "c" is defined as the amount of energy it takes to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water 1 degree Celsius.

What most people think of as a Calorie is actually a kilo-calorie: It takes one Calorie to raise the temperature of 1 kilogram of water 1 degree Celsius. So when you drink a 140-Calorie can of cola, you are ingesting 140,000 calories. There is no cause for alarm, because the conversion applies across the board. When you burn 100 Calories jogging a mile, you are burning 100,000 calories.

So, considering that the definition of a calorie is based on raising the temperature of water, it is safe to say that your body burns calories when it has to raise the temperature of ice water to your body temperature. And unless your urine is coming out ice cold, your body must be raising the temperature of the water. So calories are being burned.

Let's figure out exactly what you're burning when you drink a 16-ounce (0.5 liter) glass of ice water:

The temperature of ice water can be estimated at zero degrees Celsius.
Body temperature can be estimated at 37 degrees Celsius.
It takes 1 calorie to raise 1 gram of water 1 degree Celsius.
There are 473.18 grams in 16 fluid ounces of water.
So in the case of a 16-ounce glass of ice water, your body must raise the temperature of 473.18 grams of water from zero to 37 degrees C. In doing so, your body burns 17,508 calories. But that's calories with a little "c." Your body only burns 17.5 Calories, and in the grand scheme of a 2,000-Calorie diet, that 17.5 isn't very significant.
But let's say you adhere to the "eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day" nutritional recommendation. In 64 ounces of water, there are 1,892.72 grams. So to warm up all that water in the course of a day, your body burns 70,030 calories, or 70 Calories. And over time, that 70 Calories a day adds up. So, while you definitely shouldn't depend on ice water consumption to replace exercise or a healthy diet, drinking cold water instead of warm water does, in fact, burn some extra Calories!

I am aware of avocado being fat cholesterol, this little recipe sounds good. Do I use chopped raw onion?

No, it's not fat cholesterol because avocado belongs to plants fruit. They don't have cholesterol in plants fruits but processed meats (fat meats) and junk foods.

Avocado has a high in good and healthy fat. In your diet, you has to limit to eat avocado.

I often made avocado paste.

Here is my favorite recipe.

1 Avocado and 3 piece fresh garlic, herb salt and pepper, half of lemon juice, grated and squeeze juice, 2 oz (50 gram) low fat cream cheese (Philadelphia) into puree mixer until they are cream and then go back to small bowl and finely chopped one raw onion and then mixed finely chopped onion into avocado puree... finish.... spread on rye bread... mmmhhhhh

Good Luck :thumb:

I has a bad cold and sore eyes so I need hot lemon drink... I squeeze juice from full lemon to add hot water and drink it... It's good for your cold...

I like to drink water with lemon...yum! My mom is allergic to curtis (sp) fruits (such as lemon, oranges etc) so she sometimes give me her lemon. :)
Ur mom too, so is my future daughter in law, she is allergic to lemon, orange and all kind of cirtus then I found out all of her family allergic to them also. Also they can not take vitamin C too cuz it comes from curtius fruits. oh well.

No, it's not fat cholesterol because avocado belongs to plants fruit. They don't have cholesterol in plants fruits but processed meats (fat meats) and junk foods.

Avocado has a high in good and healthy fat. In your diet, you has to limit to eat avocado.

1 Avocado and 3 piece fresh garlic, herb salt and pepper, half of lemon juice, grated and squeeze juice, 2 oz (50 gram) low fat cream cheese (Philadelphia) into puree mixer until they are cream and then go back to small bowl and finely chopped one raw onion and then mixed finely chopped onion into avocado puree... finish.... spread on rye bread... mmmhhhhh

that's sounds goood!!!! yummmmyyy, thanks for sharing your recipe... :)

I just followed your recipe to make one this mornin'. Ohhh, it tastes sooo good !! Now, I am thinkin' about makin' some more later on. :giggle:
I drank prune juice with it. Mmmmm, soo good ! Of course, that prune juice is very high antioxidant and is very good for health. :D

I haven't tried to put lemon in water, except for iced tea that I always use. I will try it in water sometime today.

Thanks so much for a wonderful recipe. :)

I just followed your recipe to make one this mornin'. Ohhh, it tastes sooo good !! Now, I am thinkin' about makin' some more later on. :giggle:
I drank prune juice with it. Mmmmm, soo good ! Of course, that prune juice is very high antioxidant and is very good for health. :D

I haven't tried to put lemon in water, except for iced tea that I always use. I will try it in water sometime today.

Thanks so much for a wonderful recipe. :)

Gee, my other old post I stated that I used lemon in water... I want to correct this mistake. I mean that I haven't use a lemon in water. I just use a lemon yesterday and it tasted good. Pardon me for this error. :o

Anyway... hope you guys will forgive me for this.

Welcome, Maria - :ty: for like my recipe... :thumb:

I know you would like it. I eat them a lot at most weekends... mmmhhhh

No problem, I forgive you... everyone make mistake to correct... me, too... :giggle:

Yes, sliced lemon in a glass water or squeeze half of lemon juice and then fill water up to glass... good one.. mmmhhh

I wonder which one is best ... lime or lemon to use in water ? :hmm: Have you tried lime before ? Me curious

Back