The 2004 Athens Games -- who's watching?

I saw the sweep last night. As much as I think it is great for the American athletes to do very well in the Olympics, I still think it is a little overboard with 90 medals already for the US. It's not fair for other countries who have lack of resources to support their athletes. Oh well, tough reality, I guess!

I'm not watching the Olympics. It's not really my thing. Sorry.

Bored sports? Lol, what do you think the Olympics is, ballroom dancing? :lol:

kuifje75 said:
I saw the sweep last night. As much as I think it is great for the American athletes to do very well in the Olympics, I still think it is a little overboard with 90 medals already for the US. It's not fair for other countries who have lack of resources to support their athletes. Oh well, tough reality, I guess!
Yeah, I know.. That's why USA have so many enemies out there. But yet, we still should be proud of our country.

Story about that nutcase who ran into the leader of the men's marathon this morning.
Defrocked priest attacks marathon leader

ATHENS (AP) — The defrocked Irish priest who bolted from the crowd and tackled the marathon leader about three miles from the finish Sunday has been arrested before for disrupting sporting events.

Cornelius Horan, 57, was wearing a green beret, a red kilt and knee-high green socks when he attacked Brazilian runner Vanderlei Lima, knocking him into the crowd. Lima was able to recover and finish, but had to settle for the bronze medal.

For more of this story, see this link.

cjester27 said:
Story about that nutcase who ran into the leader of the men's marathon this morning.
That's one fucked up priest! :crazy:

Back