Thanks for having me.

Graewoof

Reaction score
Hi, it's nice to be here. I'm a Hearing man who is learning sign. Why? I met someone special. I learned from lifeprint.com until I found a night class to attend. My teacher, a Deaf man, is very good, he is an active member of the local Deaf community.

I also attend local silent dinners and silent coffee meetings (though I hate the smell of coffee LOL.) I enjoy the company of signing people I have met, both Deaf and Hearing. I notice all the signing people I meet, graciously "turn down" their vocabulary so that I might understand. They really make me feel welcome.

I like signing, the language makes sense to me, sometimes more than my first language, English.

My night class ends in a few weeks, I was hoping to continue my education. I do not want to advance to the interpreter level. I would like to sign better with my friend, (we use ooVoo) and sign well enough to assisted any Deaf or HoH people that might shop at my work. I think learning new words is not difficult, it only takes memorization and practice. I would like guidance in having me sign less PSE and more ASL. Any suggestions?

PS. Thank God for spell check....LOL

:wave: Love ur "fuzzy" beard! Ever thought of playing Santa Clause at Xmas??...Welcome to AD!

Hi nice to meet to you! you learn how ASL :D I am very good asl!!
welcome to AD :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

:wave: Love ur "fuzzy" beard! Ever thought of playing Santa Clause at Xmas??...Welcome to AD!

:ty: I'm a little sad, I knew I needed to trim my beard to help sign - CURIOUS - comes to mind. My barber went too far :ugh: no Santa for me this year. I'm comforted a little that it will grow back...

Back