Thank You! Please Come Back Again!

That is why I finally bought my Kindle. Trying to cut down on the number of books I have. Like you, I can get rid of the fiction a whole lot easier than the non-fiction. Always justify it with maybe needing it for reference sometime.:giggle:

The bad thing about the Kindle...I have bought probably 5 or 6 books that I wouldn't have in paper because I could justify it by the fact that they were digital and not taking up space. Can you hoard on Kindle? LOL

I'm seriously considering buying the nook or the kindle for much the same reason as you. I keep tellling myself I won't buy anymore books to clutter up my apt. :P

Re the yarns: I'm doing two scarves right now. One scarf for me, in "Cupcake with Lots of Frosting" and for my sister in "Old McDonald Had a Farm." You can't see it very well in the photo, but that one has lots of bronzey and coppery strands, with olive green and other beigey, greeny, and touches of orange-based colors. The yarn shop said they can barely keep that one in stock, as everyone loves to make things from that in the fall.

"Octoberfest" looks beautiful too. I don't think that one was stocked when I was buying the others.

Re: Nook/Kindle - I have the Nook and so far have not bought any books at all - have downloaded everything from the library. It's a bit annoying because you can't renew, although you can check out a book again if no one is waiting for it. I have to pace myself and only check out what I will actually read in the 3 weeks checkout time I have.

Re the yarns: I'm doing two scarves right now. One scarf for me, in "Cupcake with Lots of Frosting" and for my sister in "Old McDonald Had a Farm." You can't see it very well in the photo, but that one has lots of bronzey and coppery strands, with olive green and other beigey, greeny, and touches of orange-based colors. The yarn shop said they can barely keep that one in stock, as everyone loves to make things from that in the fall.

"Octoberfest" looks beautiful too. I don't think that one was stocked when I was buying the others.

Re: Nook/Kindle - I have the Nook and so far have not bought any books at all - have downloaded everything from the library. It's a bit annoying because you can't renew, although you can check out a book again if no one is waiting for it. I have to pace myself and only check out what I will actually read in the 3 weeks checkout time I have.

I'll keep that in mind.

That is why I finally bought my Kindle. Trying to cut down on the number of books I have. Like you, I can get rid of the fiction a whole lot easier than the non-fiction. Always justify it with maybe needing it for reference sometime.:giggle:

The bad thing about the Kindle...I have bought probably 5 or 6 books that I wouldn't have in paper because I could justify it by the fact that they were digital and not taking up space. Can you hoard on Kindle? LOL

Then start browsing the e-books at your local library.

still have an angel collection from childhood and beyond. I also have a doll and all of her clothes that actually was from my mother's childhood and I have some of my stuffed animals. We still have 2 of my old Barbie dolls and all the clothes my mother made. I have a cast iron toy stove and all pieces as well from childhood as well as a lot of my clothes.

Kristina- it sounds like some of that stuff has historical significance, so you'd get a pass on that :) I love that kind of stuff....

Doesn't help when it is a book you need for reference on an ongoing basis.

on-going basis? you'll still have books anyway. its rental is usually 2-3 months long and you can renew it again and again too.

scan it if you gotta. oh well - whatever works for you. I find Kindle very clumsy and slow. Can't imagine how much time you waste just to find a certain page.

but hey... that's just me. the best tool is the one you know it the best.

I'm seriously considering buying the nook or the kindle for much the same reason as you. I keep tellling myself I won't buy anymore books to clutter up my apt. :P

I told myself that for years. Problem is, I never listened!:P

I was wondering about the other colors in Old McDonald. All I could really see from the picture was a bronze and off white. I knew there had to be more there! I love earthtones for myself. I think it comes from being a redhead for so many years. That is quickly changing, though.:P

I downloaded several classics for free on my Kindle from their free collections. I have every intention of reading them all if I ever get my nose out of professional literature!

Couple of ADers have crashed at my apt. It was said that my apartment is pretty spartan... utilitarian.... simple..... but comfortable...

not a single portrait or pictures on my wall... not a single decorative stuff...

I was wondering about the other colors in Old McDonald. All I could really see from the picture was a bronze and off white. I knew there had to be more there! I love earthtones for myself. I think it comes from being a redhead for so many years. That is quickly changing, though.:P

I downloaded several classics for free on my Kindle from their free collections. I have every intention of reading them all if I ever get my nose out of professional literature!

Jillio, if you click on the picture of the yarn, it will lead you to a picture of a girl wearing a vest made from "Old McDonald." It's still kind of hard to tell, but gives you a better idea of what's in it than just the ball of yarn itself.

It has a fantastic copper bit in it; it really shimmers and glows.

This is just the most amazing yarn I've ever used. Warning: it can be a pain to work with in some bits. There is some railroad yarn in it; I had to give up and run a narrow companion yarn along with the railroad because I kept messing up the stitches.

on-going basis? you'll still have books anyway. its rental is usually 2-3 months long and you can renew it again and again too.

scan it if you gotta. oh well - whatever works for you. I find Kindle very clumsy and slow. Can't imagine how much time you waste just to find a certain page.

but hey... that's just me. the best tool is the one you know it the best.

Maybe you just need to take time to figure out how to use it efficiently.:dunno2:

Jillio, if you click on the picture of the yarn, it will lead you to a picture of a girl wearing a vest made from "Old McDonald." It's still kind of hard to tell, but gives you a better idea of what's in it than just the ball of yarn itself.

It has a fantastic copper bit in it; it really shimmers and glows.

This is just the most amazing yarn I've ever used. Warning: it can be a pain to work with in some bits. There is some railroad yarn in it; I had to give up and run a narrow companion yarn along with the railroad because I kept messing up the stitches.

Thanks for the tips! I will check out the vest.

Well this thread just gave me an idea. My dad has berated me yet again and I'm still waiting on an apartment to become available to rent where I have applied for income-based housing. Why not just load up our necessary shit and go live in a hotel in Russellville for a while.

Only problem with that is it's bloody expensive. Around $60-70/night. I feel like smacking my head on a brick wall.

Well this thread just gave me an idea. My dad has berated me yet again and I'm still waiting on an apartment to become available to rent where I have applied for income-based housing. Why not just load up our necessary shit and go live in a hotel in Russellville for a while.

Only problem with that is it's bloody expensive. Around $60-70/night. I feel like smacking my head on a brick wall.

Did you remember to ask what monthly rates are? I have not had reason to do it but am under the impression that it is less per day (figured by dividing the monthly rate by the number of days in the month just for comparison) than the daily rate .

Had she been attempting to maintain a home,hang onto possessions (and accumulate more), and all of the other things that go with most folks' daily lives, she probably would have not been able to work and continue to assist others for as long as she did. We have been brainwashed to believe that we "have" to own the home with the white picket fence and manicured lawn with all the latest of whatever is on the market. Most of it is not really for our comfort, but to keep up with the Jones. This woman knew what was important to her, and she did it. Kudos. I wish everyone knew themselves as well as she obviously did, and lived true to themselves the way she does.

Every thing in my home is second hand! When my mom moved out she gave some stuff and I brought a second desk for my daughter to do her homework and now I am using it for my computer! I have a neighbors and their last names is Jones and I have no interest in trying to keep with them having 2 houses. I just need a small 812 sq Ft condo and I tell people Martha Stewart
does not live here!! I buy second hand furniture to save trees.

Did you remember to ask what monthly rates are? I have not had reason to do it but am under the impression that it is less per day (figured by dividing the monthly rate by the number of days in the month just for comparison) than the daily rate .

Exactly. Some places have monthly rates. Those who have a large turnover in high tourist areas probably don't, but many do.

Back