Text Relay Service: Still Holding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraysonPeddie

Eye/Hear/Speech Impaired
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a question. How long do you wait if a call is in hold?

When I was calling XM Radio service to cancel my XM Radio subscription, I wait until the relay operator asks me if I want to continue holding, which gave me the feeling that the relay operator does not want to wait any more than 5 minutes, which does take some time. For the previous call, I waited until the phone got hung up, which frustrates me, even though I wait patiently.

I'm not in the rush, though. I'd just rather not having to pay $45 for 3 months, even if XM Radio service wants to keep me with them. I no longer listen to XM Radio anymore.

There's no way I can go to XM Radio's website and go into my account to cancel, as the only way to cancel is by phone. I could listen to XM Radio, but I had a tough time positioning the satellite antenna (very small) behind the window, since there are trees blocking the line of sight. The trees surround my apartment complex, so I can't do anything about that... :(

I waited for about 15 min today on hold when calling PUR company (water filter). I don't think OP is supposed to ask you if you want to continue holding. they should continue waiting until you hang up. It's pretty rude of her/him to "want" to hang up.

Ah-- I forgot to mention that I'm using My IP-Relay through AIM.

Update: I'm able to make it through successfully and cancelled my subscription to XM Radio.

It takes frustration just to say "I want to cancel XM Radio subscription all the time." :(

I'd like to have my thread closed since I don't think this thread is relay-related anymore. It all comes down to tell the relay operator not to explain relay and always wait on hold until they take my call.

Last edited:
Try this...

Gethuman - Home Page

I find it quite reliable.

Click on 'X' to get a listing of companies that start with 'X'. It will tell you how to skip all the crap and get someone directly. :)

(I'm referring to the letter 'X' from the A - Z listing on the left, not the 'X' to close the window.) ;)

Mod Note:

Thread closed requested by creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back