text only plan and non smartphone suggestions

Kai Onca

Reaction score
Am curious about unlimited text only plans thats cheaper than 40 a month nowadays. I am just looking for a phone thats not a smart phone just a simple ol fasioned perferrable with qwerty keyboard. All 3 big three phone co refuse to do text only plan.

Am not willing to pay premium charge anymore for something I can live without. Data plan is unnecessary as wifi is everywhere and if I wanted I can use ipad or old smartphone to make vp calls. The less I pare down on expenses the better off I will be.

Any suggestions or leads for company to look into and phone to use.

Thanks in advance. :wave:

Just found this. It only works with certain phones and people are saying it's worth to buy a phone compatible with this. I'm thinking of looking into this for my sons.

Bring Your Own Phone
Get free voice, text & data on your existing phone.

byod_lrg.png

Switch your phone from your existing carrier to FreedomPop and save up to $1000 off your mobile phone bill every year with the world's first free phone service. No Contract, No Commitment, Cancel Anytime!

500 MBs free data
200 free anytime minutes
500 free text messages

According to the forum of this, it says these phones are compatible with the plan:

HTC EVO 4G
Samsung Epic 4G
Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB
LG Optimus S ???
Motorola Photon 4G
HTC EVO 3D
Boost Prevail by Samsung
Galaxy Nexus by Samsung
Nexus S 4G by Samsung

For more information go to: Free Wireless Internet | Free Internet | 4G Wireless Internet - FreedomPop

Let me know what you think? Anyone have this?

I high doubt to quality best to Samsung to S4 :P it is fast it good I have 16gb :P pretty good quality for Samsung S4!

Back