Text Messenger IR Walkee Talkees - Databank Organizer

Nesmuth

Reaction score
9e53_2.JPG

eBay: Text Messenger IR Walkee Talkees - Databank Organizer (item 230112024124 end time Apr-30-07 06:23:26 PDT)

Richard

50 ft. isn't enough range. From my front door to the front door across the street is more than 50 ft. There are mobile homes that are over 60 ft. long; that means, someone in a front room of a mobile home can't even text someone in the back room. Not very useful.

I guess kids might enjoy it if they text each other from different rooms inside the house. :dunno:

If its going to be used as a face-to-face comunication device like either interpretype or ubiduo then 2 people dont need to be sitting/standing 50+ feet away from each other.

Richard

If its going to be used as a face-to-face comunication device like either interpretype or ubiduo then 2 people dont need to be sitting/standing 50+ feet away from each other.

Richard

It has to be face to face, it uses infa-red light to communicate between the devices. This requires "line of sight" , like your TV remote.

Ok, if you're less than 50 feet away from each other and facing each other, what is the point of this device? You might as well sign or speak. :ugh3:

Ok, if you're less than 50 feet away from each other and facing each other, what is the point of this device? You might as well sign or speak. :ugh3:

It's a toy.

if you can't sign or speak it could be useful, I guess. The e-bay page says something like "why pay $2000 for a face to face communication device..." That brings up an interesting point, why are such systems, that are not toys, so expensive?

i noticed Text Messenger IR Walkee Talkees at Walmart or Target. it is cost 12. dollars to 15. dollars. it is good cheap.

Back