Text alerts?? This site have it?

Daniel Brown

Reaction score
I got the email alerts but my email doesn't have text alerts. I godda check my email to know when someone commented after me. I hope this sight is brighter than the dark ages. Maybe I just can't find it. How do u turn on the text alerts? Not email text?

I have my emails forwarded to my phone so I get the alerts. I don't think we even have the text option.

Wirelessly posted

Daniel Brown said:
I have my emails forwarded to my phone so I get the alerts. I don't think we even have the text option.
Not fair..................site guys fix that

That would be our boss Alex, he's the owner

Don't you have a phone where you can just check your email?

That's what I was wondering too. If he wants texts, he should be able to use the phone for the same email alerts. Unless he has a phone that does not have email forwarding.

I think that would drive me nuts...I'd be getting more texts than I want to deal with.

not sure you talk to think so ask our boss!I know hard time!

I believe I just may be one of the only ones who still has a phone from the stone ages. I can't even send a text message to my email or a picture to my email. Its one of the very first razr phones that came out back a million years ago. It would hurt if were thrown at someone, not that I have ever thrown it. hahahahahahahahaha, wanted to yes... Soooo if anyone has an extra newer version of an att phone they need to donate that would be awesome, you'd be my best friend.:D

Don't you have a phone where you can just check your email?
Yeah I get email on my phone. Gmail... But google doesn't have text alerts. I have to check my email to see if anyone replied after me. If it slips my mind for a while to check I get way behind on replying to everyone.

Yeah I get email on my phone. Gmail... But google doesn't have text alerts. I have to check my email to see if anyone replied after me. If it slips my mind for a while to check I get way behind on replying to everyone.

I totally get what you're saying. But AD can send you emails with subscription alerts (e.g. someone replying after you.) This would be the same as a text alert unless your phone doesn't automatically notify you of email alerts (if you have to go in google manually to read your email?) For example my emails come directly to my phone inbox, the exact same way as a text message does, so either results in the same for me. But that's just my phone (blackberry). It sounds like it's not automatic for you so I see where you are coming from.

Gmail does alerts. You have the wrong phone.

I don't like text alerts. Every time I turn around, my phone is signaling another alert.

I doubt that there is anything being posted here that would require you to read a response or post a reply immediately.:giggle:

I don't like text alerts. Every time I turn around, my phone is signaling another alert.

:( I am not that popular! :P

(However, my husband's co-worker gave him a big box of homemade Christmas candy last night, so I may be even weirder than usual today.)

:( I am not that popular! :P

(However, my husband's co-worker gave him a big box of homemade Christmas candy last night, so I may be even weirder than usual today.)

Neither am I...I have to sign up for text alerts!:giggle: There was a time when I had text alerts coming in for weather and stuff like that. Everytime the temp dropped 2 degrees, they would send out an alert.:lol:

Yum, Christmas candy! I brought decorated cookies and homemade hard candy with me to work today. My neice and I made them.

Gmail does alerts. You have the wrong phone.
I have an iPhone 3GS. I've looked all over google gmail for text alerts with my laptop but never found it. I've looked many times. It'll be alright though. I have bigger things I should be worried about. lol

I have an iPhone 3GS. I've looked all over google gmail for text alerts with my laptop but never found it. I've looked many times. It'll be alright though. I have bigger things I should be worried about. lol

Ok. WHy don't you try looking for "email" alerts instead.

Back