Texas woman sues Cowboys over claims that buttocks was burned

rockin'robin

Reaction score
by hot bench outside stadium

DALLAS - A Texas woman is suing the Dallas Cowboys and owner Jerry Jones, saying her buttocks was severely burned when she sat on a bench outside Cowboys Stadium.

In a lawsuit filed last week in Tarrant Count, Jennelle Carrillo said the black marble bench was in direct sunlight on a hot August afternoon before a Cowboys scrimmage last year. A weather official says the high temperature on that day was 101 degrees.

Carrillo's lawyer, Michael Wash, said his client didn't know the extent of the burns until after receiving medical attention. The lawsuit claims she was hospitalized and underwent skin grafts.

The lawsuit claims there were no warnings about sitting on the benches in hot weather.

Texas woman sues Cowboys over claims that buttocks was burned by hot bench outside stadium - Yahoo! News

Question I have is.. why didn't she get up after finding out it was hot! I sure wouldn't continue to sit there when it's hot burning my behind.

This reminds me of a customer we had at work yesterday! It's been in the high 90s here, which is very rare. Most houses don't have air conditioning even. An hour south of Seattle. We are used to rain! It was so hot and the sun was shining right on our doors which have metal brass handles. They got so hot! We put up a sign. "CAUTION handles are HOT" and wrapped a towel around so people could grab the door handle where the towel was. One lady moved the towel out of the way, grabbed the handle and then yelled at me because our door hurt her hand! Of course, she starts fussing before getting my attention and my back was turned so by the time I notice she is talking to me, she's even angrier because she thinks I've been ignoring her! People are very stupid sometimes.

This reminds me of a customer we had at work yesterday! It's been in the high 90s here, which is very rare. Most houses don't have air conditioning even. An hour south of Seattle. We are used to rain! It was so hot and the sun was shining right on our doors which have metal brass handles. They got so hot! We put up a sign. "CAUTION handles are HOT" and wrapped a towel around so people could grab the door handle where the towel was. One lady moved the towel out of the way, grabbed the handle and then yelled at me because our door hurt her hand! Of course, she starts fussing before getting my attention and my back was turned so by the time I notice she is talking to me, she's even angrier because she thinks I've been ignoring her! People are very stupid sometimes.

You have saved yourself from lawsuit cuz stupid lady did not read warning sign. What an idiot!! She should own it to herself. I agree with you totally that some people are really stupid nowaday!!!

Catty

Question I have is.. why didn't she get up after finding out it was hot! I sure wouldn't continue to sit there when it's hot burning my behind.

I see this in legal proceedings often. Some people are stupid enough to get injured on purpose for pity. Hope that scar was worth it... :squint:

Some people are just sue-happy. :roll:

If I were her, I would just bring a towel or whatever else to sit on it or ask to move to another seat that is under the shade.

She can't sue Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones, because Cowboys Stadium properly belong to Arlington, TX.

She can't sue Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones, because Cowboys Stadium properly belong to Arlington, TX.

I was under impression that Jerry Jones owned the stadium too. The old stadium did belong to the city. However, Jerry owns the new stadium???

Never forget the first Hockey game I went to....froze my arse off on that cold bench!....

I was under impression that Jerry Jones owned the stadium too. The old stadium did belong to the city. However, Jerry owns the new stadium???

Jerry Jones just operate that stadium. Own is actual the city of Arlington for whole damn tax.

Back