Texas lawmaker to introduce anti-immigration bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should leave the diagnosing to someone qualified to do so.

And you still have not justified any connection of antipsychotic medication to this thread. It would appear that you are having difficulty functioning in reality.

And, it's "you're".

so self diagnose yourself and give yourself some more salvia .... :roll:

or ... smoke whatever it is you smoke since the war on drugs is so futile ... in your opinion.

or ... smoke whatever it is you smoke since the war on drugs is so futile ... in your opinion.

oh so you think we are winning our War on Drugs? and that it's very successful?

Nice. Pretty good indication that you have no intelligent, reasonable arguments to support your position.

which is exactly why you can never intimately understand it but don't worry about that. It's understandable and common.

:dunno: Personally I disagree since I am deaf. Being LD I have seen what I would equate to be at least similar treatment from both hearies and deafies (in person not on AD). I lost out on job bids simply because I couldn't communicate with the homeowner. Shunned at DHH for the same reason. In fact, I lost out on a volunteer opportunity to build sets for a Deaf Community Theater in Austin because they were ASL only. I was told learn ASL and maybe you can help next year.

I have seen hearies question things I say because I am deaf. Some seem to equate being deaf with being stupid. I think most of us have experienced that at least once.

Granted it's not skin color.....but i think most of us here have some idea of what it is like to be "profiled"

The only thing that matters is that you are not insidiously & covertly racist. God bless you.

:ty: I pride myself on loving everyone. (even wacko liberals:giggle:). I have great admiration for the ambition of illegal immigrants. I wish many in our country were as ambitious. I also believe the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants are a positive for the U.S.

That being said...... We have to control the number of immigrants we accept and although I admire the ambition of IIs it is not fair to the people waiting to enter this country legally to allow IIs to cause them further delay. Especially if they are breaking our laws.

And in that case, you are already receiving what is known as "white privilege" without even being aware of it. That isn't to say that you are intentionally taking advantage...just that it is an advantage that is bestowed upon you and which influences decisions about you on a daily basis.

:dunno: Personally I disagree since I am deaf. Being LD I have seen what I would equate to be at least similar treatment from both hearies and deafies (in person not on AD). I lost out on job bids simply because I couldn't communicate with the homeowner. Shunned at DHH for the same reason. In fact, I lost out on a volunteer opportunity to build sets for a Deaf Community Theater in Austin because they were ASL only. I was told learn ASL and maybe you can help next year.

I have seen hearies question things I say because I am deaf. Some seem to equate being deaf with being stupid. I think most of us have experienced that at least once.

Granted it's not skin color.....but i think most of us here have some idea of what it is like to be "profiled"

:gpost: TXGolfer. Everyone deaf absolutely does have these experiences.

Correct - it's not quite the same. far from it. Disability Discrimination is inconvenient. Because the employer would give preference to non-disabled person over disabled person and some cruel kids would make fun of you like "you retard". oh the injustice.

But racism is the largest and the most dominant drive in every aspect of life especially on subconscious level since the humanity was born. Racism has claimed countless of lives. Now compare that to number of people being killed via Disability Discrimination. See what I mean?

Every single person in the world is racist to a certain degree but some people are OVERLY racist where it leads to violence. Those kind of people are unfortunately misguided and confused. I am not surprised that Caucasian people do not exactly understand it. You just gotta be born as one to know it. Or you can grow up with them from birth to know it. Majority and Minority. It's a different world out there for both of us in same country :)

I stated this before in other thread - this racial phenomenon is well-documented and it has been extensively studied. I only know a gist of it. a tiny scratch of it. It's a known fact that the entire world history since the humanity is predominately by the Caucasian men aka "white men." There is at least one reference to white men in nearly every historical events all around the world - Asia, North America, South America, Latin American, Africa, Australia, Pacific Islands, etc.

:ty: I pride myself on loving everyone. (even wacko liberals:giggle:). I have great admiration for the ambition of illegal immigrants. I wish many in our country were as ambitious. I also believe the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants are a positive for the U.S.

That being said...... We have to control the number of immigrants we accept and although I admire the ambition of IIs it is not fair to the people waiting to enter this country legally to allow IIs to cause them further delay. Especially if they are breaking our laws.
I agree about this problem but it is not an excuse for one to use wrong method to fix it.

Correct - it's not quite the same. far from it. Disability Discrimination is inconvenient. Because the employer would give preference to non-disabled person over disabled person and some cruel kids would make fun of you like "you retard". oh the injustice.

But racism is the largest and the most dominant drive in every aspect of life especially on subconscious level since the humanity was born. Racism has claimed countless of lives. Now compare that to number of people being killed via Disability Discrimination. See what I mean?

Every single person in the world is racist to a certain degree but some people are OVERLY racist where it leads to violence. Those kind of people are unfortunately misguided and confused.

I stated this before in other thread - this racial phenomenon is well-documented and it has been extensively studied. I only know a gist of it. a tiny scratch of it. It's a known fact that the entire world history since the humanity is predominately by the Caucasian men aka "white men." There is at least one reference to white men in nearly every historical events all around the world - Asia, North America, South America, Latin American, Africa, Australia, Pacific Islands, etc.

I agree about this problem but it is not an excuse for one to use wrong method to fix it.

Hitler, AGBell, both went for eugenics for the deaf.

Not to worry, Txgolfer. I get "profiled" here all the time. :shock:

Quite obviously, these are cases in which racial profiling would never have been applied. You will need to come up with something a bit more realistic and applicable to real life situations in which racial profiling should be considered as a variable to the decision to stop the individual.
These were real life events. The black driver claimed that she was racially profiled by the police.

*chuckle*.... who would've thought that pulling over a car for a license plate light that wasn't working isn't classifed as a "real life" situation for comparison purposes. Bob Andweave would be so proud.

These were real life events. The black driver claimed that she was racially profiled by the police.

When one feels oppressed long enough, they would interpret the world as such in the name of self-preservation; when one doesn't feel oppressed by their environment, then they wouldn't falsely accuse people.

Yet, the perception can turn out to be wrong saying she was stopped because of racial profiling. A cop was just doing his job to inform the woman of a broken license plate lights and was let off a warning. No tickets. The above example showed there was no intent on racial profiling.

its funny how blacks accuse cops of racial profiling when in fact, the cops stopped them for BREAKING the law!

Yet, the perception can turn out to be wrong saying she was stopped because of racial profiling. A cop was just doing his job to inform the woman of a broken license plate lights and was let off a warning. No tickets. The above example showed there was no intent on racial profiling.

That's my point.

Somehow people are still in an oppressive environment that they feel the need to falsely accuse others. If they weren't, we wouldn't have false accusations.

I think sometimes they say such a thing as a matter of convenience.

If one thinks they can get out of breaking the law by being given preferential treatment based on their race, they will scream "racism!" to anyone who will listen.

Even if the actions taken were not racist ....

Now come on ..... how many deafies do you know who also play the system to their advantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back