Texas executing 12 inmates over 6 weeks

wow, thats quite shocking. a guy from my church had a son who asked his best friend to kill his family, his mother and brother died, but his dad survived. the son who asked his friend to kill his family was on death row and was just executed a couple weeks ago.

I now opposed execution. Know why?

There will always be somebody framing somebody by planting evidences that points to innocent victim resulting state killing innocent victim, do you call this pure justice?

I don't think so.

You see, there is one convicted guy in George that maintain innocent, was convicted based on just witness testimony that claimed they saw him killing police and he was schedule to execute! Something is definetly wrong with this justice system. I see this as purely political favoritism just because they (politicans) were pizzed off that he killed cop and wanted to bring justice. This is BAD, BAD, BAD decision and there will always be more damage in long run.

Even though this movie is fiction but has potential to be true... Watch the Shawshank redemption. That prisoner (Dreyfus) maintain innocent, he was convicted and was sentenced life back to back for the crime he didn't committed. Years later a young convict got in and met him. Knew him because one of guy told him that he was laughing at (Dreyfus) for spending lifetime prison that he didn't commit the crime. So, Dreyfus tried to bring evidence based on this young convict, too bad that this young convict was killed by warden to cover up the evidence. Again it is political BS!

Suppose I collected your hair, your skin dust, your salvia, your fingerprints.

Then I carefully clean myself up make sure I am 100% sealed with gloves,

I carefully choose a time frame that you will not be able to prove your innocence.

as soon as I murdered somebody, then planted evidence that shows your DNA from your hair, your skin dust, your salvia, your fingerprint.

Then weeks later cops came to you and arrest for murder, booked you, You then went to court, paid attorney to defend yourself. Yet you found guilty by jurors with overwhelmed evidences, the dealth penalty were considered and accepted. You then are going to die with Lethal Injection.

Think about this how much this will impact you and your families, your friends.

In the end, will you call this justice? Its for you to decide and for me to know.

you watch too much CSI. that's why lethal injection is costly. PLENTY of time to appeal or to exonerate yourself. oh btw - i think nearly 50% of CSI is fake and exaggerated in terms of evidence and that's the point. They actually want you to make mistake IRL.

Understood, my point is that IS it justify to execute where there is chance of error, or framing? If it is 1 out of 1 million, it will be TOO much

If we execute the innocent one, the real convict is free to commit crime knowing that they will get away with. So you call it justice?

Again, execute an innocent ruins the real purpose of justice.

you watch too much CSI. that's why lethal injection is costly. PLENTY of time to appeal or to exonerate yourself. oh btw - i think nearly 50% of CSI is fake and exaggerated in terms of evidence and that's the point. They actually want you to make mistake IRL.

Understood, my point is that IS it justify to execute where there is chance of error, or framing? If it is 1 out of 1 million, it will be TOO much

If we execute the innocent one, the real convict is free to commit crime knowing that they will get away with. So you call it justice?

Again, execute an innocent ruins the real purpose of justice.

true... but then again what world is perfect? what about the innocent ones rotting away in prison for rest of the life? doesn't that ruin the real purpose of justice too?

There you are, your referring to nothing is perfect. I rather having innocent spent rest of life in jail than execute them. Reason? Having lifetime in jail gives room for evidence to show up and free them. Have it happened? You BET! alot of convicted turned out to be innocent and they were freed, image if we found out the truth after execution, then we are going to execute the real convict making the state as double murderer! This is NOT justice.

true... but then again what world is perfect? what about the innocent ones rotting away in prison for rest of the life? doesn't that ruin the real purpose of justice too?

There you are, your referring to nothing is perfect. I rather having innocent spent rest of life in jail than execute them. Reason? Having lifetime in jail gives room for evidence to show up and free them. Have it happened? You BET! alot of convicted turned out to be innocent and they were freed, image if we found out the truth after execution, then we are going to execute the real convict making the state as double murderer! This is NOT justice.

my point is - that is not the case most of time. Most of time - the innocents just die in prisons. How is that any worse than execution?

Refer to my point, if we killed a innocent then 10 years later we found out it was not that person, how can we get this innocent back?

Lifetime prison leaves chance to free innocent so we can give this innocent back and its immediate families. Immediate families would always visit prisoner who spent lifetime than families visit tomb of innocents.

my point is - that is not the case most of time. Most of time - the innocents just die in prisons. How is that any worse than execution?

Refer to my point, if we killed a innocent then 10 years later we found out it was not that person, how can we get this innocent back?

Lifetime prison leaves chance to free innocent so we can give this innocent back and its immediate families. Immediate families would always visit prisoner who spent lifetime than families visit tomb of innocents.

if the innocent died in prison (due to natural death or killed by prisoner)... then how do we get this innocent person back? I don't know about you but it is very hard to visit prisoner often.

So, your saying it is OKAY to kill innocent, eh?

if the innocent died in prison (due to natural death or killed by prisoner)... then how do we get this innocent person back? I don't know about you but it is very hard to visit prisoner often.

So, your saying it is OKAY to kill innocent, eh?

I'm just saying shit happens. It goes same way for life imprisonment and execution. we've already had lengthily debate about this couple months ago. You can dig around and find the old thread about it.

It does not make it OKAY to kill somebody just because shyt happens.

Maybe you need to look up defination of "Chance" and try to understand.

The truth, alot of Innocent have been freed in the past few years. This made me realize that it is not justified to go ahead execute just because shyt happens.

Where is your morale, my friend?

I'm just saying shit happens. It goes same way for life imprisonment and execution. we've already had lengthily debate about this couple months ago. You can dig around and find the old thread about it.

It does not make it OKAY to kill somebody just because shyt happens.

Maybe you need to look up defination of "Chance" and try to understand.

The truth, alot of Innocent have been freed in the past few years. This made me realize that it is not justified to go ahead execute just because shyt happens.

Where is your morale, my friend?

and thing is... they were released BEFORE they received the death penalty. That's why death row prisoners do not get executed immediately. Most have been on death row for more than 15-20+ years.

and thing is... they were released BEFORE they received the death penalty. That's why death row prisoners do not get executed immediately. Most have been on death row for more than 15-20+ years.

It doesn't matter, once the person is executed only to find out that he was innocent, it's legalized murder.

Shit may happen, but it doesn't make it any less wrong. That's why we had to stop hanging people in Canada in the 70s because it turned out that we were killing too many innocent prisoners.

It doesn't matter, once the person is executed only to find out that he was innocent, it's legalized murder.
fortunately... we killed only few...

Shit may happen, but it doesn't make it any less wrong. That's why we had to stop hanging people in Canada in the 70s because it turned out that we were killing too many innocent prisoners.
:-o my my my... such flawed justice system you have... i hope it's better now

fortunately... we killed only few...

It's more than just a few. Besides, these are innocent lives we are talking about. We can't dismiss it just like that.

Since Innocence and the Death Penalty: Assessing The Danger of Mistaken Executions was released in 1993, 21 more cases have been added to the list of mistaken convictions in capital cases. Seventeen of those releases occurred after the original report's release, and the other four were cases which would have been included in the original report had the information about these releases been known earlier. In the twenty-one-year span of the first report, there was an average of 2.5 releases of innocent defendants per year from 1973 to 1993. The 17 releases over the past three and a half years represents a pace of 4.8 releases per year, almost twice the pace of the previous report.

Innocence and the Death Penalty: The Increasing Danger of Executing the Innocent | Death Penalty Information Center

Trying to minimize it to a small issue and saying that it was just a few isn't going to make it any less wrong. They are still innocent.

Back