Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the remake)

deafdyke

Reaction score
Anyone else seen this? I saw it the day it opened, and despite the fact that a lot of professional critics don't like it...I LOVED IT! It's not one of those stupid slasher flicks, where the only horror comes from ten zillion killings....it's a really good combonation of Blair Witch "psychological" horror and of course killing.
The hillbilly family freaked me out!!! Also the part where the hitchhiker comits sucide really freaked me out...I liked the part where Erin chops off Leatherface's arm in the meat processing plant, and the bit where Erin and the other guy meet Leatherface for the first time.

ive not seen the remake of the movie but do WANT to see it -- heard its based on a real life event that happened years ago if i have that info correct -- now u STFU Deafdyke on the story line! :slap: hahah

heard its based on a real life event that happened years ago if i have that info correct --
There was no real TCM,(thank gawd!!! ) but the charector of Leatherface is based on the serial killer Ed Gein, who was also the inspiration for Psycho and the Bufflo Bill serial killer from Silence of the Lambs.

That is a real story because my friend told me that movie is so really horror. I haven't seen it before and I just like it.

deafdyke said:
There was no real TCM,(thank gawd!!! ) but the charector of Leatherface is based on the serial killer Ed Gein, who was also the inspiration for Psycho and the Bufflo Bill serial killer from Silence of the Lambs.

Correct, now you've won a all-paid two-weeks vacation trip to Hawaii.

Refresh my memory, is Ed Gien a cannibalism? He ate his own mom, too?

Another thing I loved about this film was the sadistic sheriff...OHMYGAWD, R. Lee Ermey should win an Oscar for his portrayal!
The hillbilly family is just so perfect!!!! One of them...(I think the "mom"...the charecter's name is Henrietta) is an adult version of Wednesday Addams...very creepy looking!
I've been messing around on various and sundry sites, devoted to TCM and Ed Gein (I'm a certified geek and love true-crime stories) and apparently noone really knows if Ed Gein really was a canibal. I don't think he ate his own mother, but I do know that he gave his neighbors some venison and then later said that he'd never been hunting in his life.

deafdyke said:
Another thing I loved about this film was the sadistic sheriff...OHMYGAWD, R. Lee Ermey should win an Oscar for his portrayal!
The hillbilly family is just so perfect!!!! One of them...(I think the "mom"...the charecter's name is Henrietta) is an adult version of Wednesday Addams...very creepy looking!
I've been messing around on various and sundry sites, devoted to TCM and Ed Gein (I'm a certified geek and love true-crime stories) and apparently noone really knows if Ed Gein really was a canibal. I don't think he ate his own mother, but I do know that he gave his neighbors some venison and then later said that he'd never been hunting in his life.

*giving deafdyke a GOOD kick in the ass* NOOOOO blabbing on the storyline or the characters are what!!!! :slap: u need that the MOST now LOL

FutureGame2100 said:
That is a real story because my friend told me that movie is so really horror. I haven't seen it before and I just like it.

Yes, I heard that was real story about chainsaw happen in texas. Today, they delcare that false story and nothing have ever happen to people in texas that had die and etc.. So who believes from people and pass to story due whenever they found from and they turned out to be mad. :crazy:

ideafspy said:
Yes, I heard that was real story about chainsaw happen in texas. Today, they delcare that false story and nothing have ever happen to people in texas that had die and etc.. So who believes from people and pass to story due whenever they found from and they turned out to be mad. :crazy:
I haven't watch that movie but my friends been telling me about this true story but It's seem very impossbile but who knows!

FutureGame2100 said:

yeah you got it, it is based a true story.

Back