testing question....without my hearing aids of course lol

MINILEE

Reaction score
why doesnt the speech and other test not match up on the audiogram?
omg do i have a disorder or something i think she said even though im deaf i have auditory processers what? she was so nice but im confused anyone had this happen? is that possible to have auditory disorder like that thats more of not paying attention right?

Mini I think it depends on which order the tests are in. When volume and dbs are turned up louder I hear better speech. The tone test needs to be loud and I actually need him to do the creepy beeping noise so I hear it correctly so that I don't get confused with the sound of the tones and the tinnitus I hear constantly. My speech discrim. isn't perfect but it I do somewhat well. I am not sure you should jump to conclusions, did she talk to you about it. If she wanted you to see an ENT?

im not jumping im sorry :( i just thought that she was labeling me too soon with something bad
like along with being burdended about my deafness also something on the side ya get it?
and yeah she is sending me to an ENT even though thats when i was a baby
i dont know what they do seriously
she also said i have that and the hearing loss is severe profound

Auditory processing disorder does not mean you don't pay attention. It is a problem with wiring in the brain.

It is not your fault.

I thought I read that most deaf natuarally have auditory processing disorder. Which I agree because we don't always feel confidence with what we hear.

Auditory processing disorder does not mean you don't pay attention. It is a problem with wiring in the brain.

It is not your fault.

really but how can someone who is deaf have that too?
it makes things super difficutl correct?
and thanks
but the audiogram shows that my x marks dont match with beeps sometimes

I agree with both of the above. I didnt say you were jumping, I was just saying you should wait for your ENT appointment before you worry too much... thats all. I hope everything works out. :)

I agree with both of the above. I didnt say you were jumping, I was just saying you should wait for your ENT appointment before you worry too much... thats all. I hope everything works out. :)

ohh thanks so much
you are right i should wait
i just was thinking my accommodations at school would be super difficult
and i want to do well thats all and ive never heard of the audiogram speech not matching up with the beeps test

Mini, your ENT will do another hearing test and probably do a few more tests of their own. Make sure you ask them all the questions you want answers to. They will explain everything to you. =)

hard to tell sometimes

SOMETIMES it is kind of hard to tell whether a person has (C)APD or SNHL (or AN). Unless you get a "complete" hearing evaluation. (It kind of depends on WHICH tests are done.) I had an audiologist practically INSIST that I had (C)APD simply because I have Asperger's Syndrome. Even though she didn't perform any of those sorts of tests. It almost seems like (C)APD tends to be a "trendy" diagnosis where I live. Some audiologists haven't even HEARD OF AN. Even though I can find BOOKS in public libraries on "hearing loss" that mention AN (as well as many, many other kinds of "hearing problems"). I have read entire books on audiology and related subjects--simply to EDUCATE myself. You might be SURPRISED to know that SOME AUDIOLOGISTS think the decibel scale is LINEAR rather than EXPONENTIAL. That is how they THINK of it, anyway. That is when I know it is time to get up and RUN!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I especially like the tuning fork test. (do they still do that). "Which ear do you hear this out of" "What?"

Back