Testing MCI Wireless IP Relay telnet - Works on ANY WIRELESS DEVICE (not just HipTop)

Not yet. I'm waiting until a carrier wants to buy it. If no carrier buys it(FuseWireless, Lormar, etc), I will be making my TTY server open-source in about one year.

Have to put food on my table! (I am a self employed business!) Not all of my software sells, and it is possible that this software is one of the softwares that won't sell.

If no carrier buys it off me, and I release this as open-source, you will need a Linux system, a broadband connection, and a supported TTY compatible modem that is Linux compatible (not many; mind you), and a firewall that allows incoming telnet/SSH connection. I may port it to Windows, so that it can be a system tray application or background service, although it is more risky to make Windows a server as it is more targeted by hackers...

What makes my TTY server so special is my 12 years of communications terminal programming experience (ranging back to the BBS days; I operated my own BBS and wrote some custom software for it). I designed some features such as hidden commands and special packetization algorithms that avoids overloading high-latency networks (Such as 2-way paging networks and data over cellphone networks), while being high performing on modern networking.

I tested the new Lormar Logic stuff, at least for relay. Still not as good as my Linux TTY server (darn.) And no Canadian phone calls either. In fact, the Lormar stuff, while better, is still not as realtime as MCI Wireless IP-Relay. Lormar has a refresh rate of every 5 seconds, MCI Wireless IP-Relay has a refresh rate of about every 2 seconds. My Linux TTY server software refreshes every 0.5 seconds, without causing congestion/latency problems. The good thing is that relay operators don't wait several seconds for my reply from my Blackberry.

Telnet for wireless.ip-relay.com port 2510

I had use it. but it seems does not work. it think it is only work s on wireless phone on sidekick or blackberry installed program. but the problem was on the computer laptop what kind of command? please let me know thank you very much. i want to use telnet on iprelay to use my laptop. i do have windows xp. thanks.

:hmm:

telnet to wireless.ip-replay.com 2510

trying this from linux desktop/laptop, I see an immediate disconnect,
when I try this.

...$ telnet wireless.ip-replay.com 2510
...Trying 216.34.131.135...
...Connected to wireless.ip-replay.com.
...Escape character is '^]'.
...Connection closed by foreign host.
$

I tried this from various locations, including corporate (internet) hosts
so i'm fairly sure firewalling is not an issue here.

Is this telnet service only offered by some ip-relay.com hosts?

or, does the connect have to originate from a wireless device
(no idea how ip-relay.com would work out that restriction, but I'll
guess that it's possible ...)

Do I need any particular telnet options? (raw mode?)

Could anyone of y'all that had this working recently, post a screen-shot?
I'm curious what the interface looks like (v simple menu, and/or prompts?)

I doubt that it has worked for years. Scroll up and look at the date on the posts.

Yea it won't work that way since the FCC require to all VRS and IP Relay to have customer register the information and number in their service to order use VRS or IP Relay

Yea it won't work that way since the FCC require to all VRS and IP Relay to have customer register the information and number in their service to order use VRS or IP Relay

Yep, it stop some time ago. I was so sad. :(

Back