TEST RESULT on Adam

Thanks Bott :D (btw, any luck on those Zombie shoes while I was gone?? you ever find them??)

2cyqvxx.jpg

Found . :)

Embarrassingly , in the shoe rack in the closet. But that is not where I usually put them, so I did not look there. :Oops:

'Eh... it happens, especially if that's not their usual haunt!! I'm just thrilled you found them!! I can see why you were distressed they're CUTE!! I love them!!

'Eh... it happens, especially if that's not their usual haunt!! I'm just thrilled you found them!! I can see why you were distressed they're CUTE!! I love them!!

Thanks. Me too. They are my favorite. :)

I'm looking at schools for the deaf... and since he has a vision issue as well some schools that can accommodate both... his DP that we saw this wek suggested getting in touch with the Deaf/blind project here just to see if they can recommend anything additional. Guess it makes sense since he can't see up to 45 degrees on his good 'hearing' side... now if we can find an amazing school district with awesome special ed teachers who will do what he needs then I will consider public school but don't see that anytime soon... not here or back in Tennessee (home)

Ahh, I see. He'll do great at deaf school. The only challenge you will have is to learn all the new signs and slangs as he brings them home daily. :)

Good luck with the search for great educational support and great schools for Adam.

Ahh, I see. He'll do great at deaf school. The only challenge you will have is to learn all the new signs and slangs as he brings them home daily. :)

Good luck with the search for great educational support and great schools for Adam.

yeah can't wait for him to 'tell me off' when I have my back turned... LOL
Thank you for the support!!!

Update

Got the copy of Adam's ABR in the mail today... and this is what it says...

"The auditory brainstem response at suprathresholds levels was observed to have normally appearing waveform morphology for the patients age in the right ear only. Interpeak latencies were within normal for the right ear. No repeatable responses were observed for the left ear, consistent with a profound hearing loss.

Predicted hearing thresholds (dB eHL)
Right Air:
500Hz= 15db
1000Hz=10db
Clicks= 10db
2000Hz=10-15db
4000Hz=15db

Left Air:
500Hz=NR
1000Hz= NR
Clicks= NR
2000Hz= NR
4000Hz=NR

Left Bone:
Clicks=NR

I'm still waiting to get his Audiogram from the booth test... Im still in shock over the Right ear, even seeing it in writing now...

Embarrassingly , in the shoe rack in the closet. But that is not where I usually put them, so I did not look there. :Oops:

LOL, I'll put my clothes anywhere EXCEPT my closet and my drawers. Once my little sister really teased me about finding a lost shirt (which I found in my drawer) in a normal place instead of on the floor or in the bathroom.

Got the copy of Adam's ABR in the mail today... and this is what it says...

"The auditory brainstem response at suprathresholds levels was observed to have normally appearing waveform morphology for the patients age in the right ear only. Interpeak latencies were within normal for the right ear. No repeatable responses were observed for the left ear, consistent with a profound hearing loss.

Predicted hearing thresholds (dB eHL)
Right Air:
500Hz= 15db
1000Hz=10db
Clicks= 10db
2000Hz=10-15db
4000Hz=15db

Left Air:
500Hz=NR
1000Hz= NR
Clicks= NR
2000Hz= NR
4000Hz=NR

Left Bone:
Clicks=NR

I'm still waiting to get his Audiogram from the booth test... Im still in shock over the Right ear, even seeing it in writing now...

Sounds like a profound loss in one ear. What sort of vision problems is he having? From what you mentioned, he seems to have some type of tunnel vision.

Oh, BTW, I think you're doing an awesome job with Adam and I look forward to hearing about his progress. :)

Sounds like a profound loss in one ear. What sort of vision problems is he having? From what you mentioned, he seems to have some type of tunnel vision.

Oh, BTW, I think you're doing an awesome job with Adam and I look forward to hearing about his progress. :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! I really do appreciate the support and encouragement!!!

He's got a right vision field 'cut' they call it... it's not quite tunnel vision but he doesn't see 45 degrees to the right... it's due to how the nerves from his right vision field cross into the left side of his brain where his 'differences' are... sort of a loss of peripheral vision.... he has to turn his head to see to his right-- so he will on occasion run into a wall or trip over someone/something he doesn't know is there--

All I'm reading about SSD says present stuff on their 'hearing side'... but that's his 'blind side' so he's just SOL on some things I guess??? Going to be FUN figuring it all out!!!!

He's got a right vision field 'cut' they call it... it's not quite tunnel vision but he doesn't see 45 degrees to the right... it's due to how the nerves from his right vision field cross into the left side of his brain where his 'differences' are... sort of a loss of peripheral vision.... he has to turn his head to see to his right-- so he will on occasion run into a wall or trip over someone/something he doesn't know is there--

All I'm reading about SSD says present stuff on their 'hearing side'... but that's his 'blind side' so he's just SOL on some things I guess??? Going to be FUN figuring it all out!!!!

:dizzy: Lol, I'm feeling the same way when I think about all his issues.

hmmm..... is souggy the father? :eek3:

LMAO you two!! If you had ever met his biomom you'd keep it a secret too!! (I thank her for my son but well I won't go any further here. LOL btw the word :crazy: comes to mind!)

:) Just have to say, adamsmomma, you always have me smiling at your posts, even the heartbreakingest ones have an upbeat thing going on. If you are anywhere near IRL as you come across in writing, your son is the luckiest little guy around to catch you as a mom!

:) Just have to say, adamsmomma, you always have me smiling at your posts, even the heartbreakingest ones have an upbeat thing going on. If you are anywhere near IRL as you come across in writing, your son is the luckiest little guy around to catch you as a mom!

Thank you very very much!! And yeah this is me!! No sense in pretending... right?? Honestly I think I'm the lucky one... he's really blessed my life in many ways

So wonderful that you finally have something tangible, defined to take action on! And a result that explains so much that was at odds with previous findings.

I too find that even with all that access to sound and great comprehension it doesn't really mean our wee ones will listen in the behavioral sense :) . This morning I patiently (well, maybe the first 2 times, then a little more insistently :) ) made a request 4 times over to no reaction, and thought, are her processors off, batteries wonky, is something wrong? And when I tapped her to get her attention and sign my request, she stopped me at the start and said "Mama, I know, I heard you 4 times, but I'm too busy reading." When did she go from 4 to 14 years old?

Awesome, GrendelQ.

When I went home with my Brother to Austria (not our birth place but it's where our parents lives, cooks and pamper us!) My mom always had to tell my brother to get me if dinner is ready. One day my mom shouted up the stairs and we were in the last bedrooms down the "corridor" with 4 bedrooms on each side "S, tell Charlotte, dinner's on the table" I shouted back "YES, I heard you loud and clear" it nearly gave my mom heart attack, she couldn't believe that I heard her from reasonable distance. And finally, after 30 years, I answered her!
Roll on, 6 months later last July, I went home without my brother. My mom had given me tests all the time just to make sure that I am REALLY hearing her. We don't see eachother very much (about one week every 2 months on average) She hasn't been around majority of my achievements with the CI so this is big thing for her!! every time I heard her I go... yeeesss mom, i heard you... with rolled eyes... Love her really!

Adamsmomma, YOU ARE AN AWESOME MOMMA!!! Adam is sooooo lucky to have you as his mommy. I love reading his progress etc...
Keep us updated and more pics of this gorgeous little boy....BIG hugs

Back