Terminated – Any Suggestions?

Dougus

Reaction score
:rl:
I was terminated at my place of employment today. A coworker, who is the warehouse manager, peer and friend, came to my house on the District Manager’s behalf and under the auspices of getting my feedback on how my employer is going to handle my position moving forward. (Mind you, he is not in my department and is no a manger above my position…in fact, he take direction from me and my salary is higher then his. They did not tell my direct supervisor that they were terminating me today, but the Warehouse Manager knew and was in on the meeting with me and the District Manager and signed as a witness. I have been a witness in the past when we have let employees go, but it was always for persons below my pay grade; never a peer or someone above my pay grade.

Originally my employer made the decision that they would pay up to six months of my health insurance premium and keep me on the payroll (although I had no PTO left) so I would not lose my benefits, seniority or position. I thought this was extremely generous and accepted their offer. (You can see more of my background and health issues if you search for threads I have posted). So, my friend came over today and basically said they are going to terminate me for my benefit. I can go on COBRA and they said I am on rehire status. I asked why they changed their minds & the District Manager said that the decision came from the CFO and there was no recourse.

What do y’all think? Should I just let it go, or should I try to fight & if I don’t let it go…how do I fight?? HELP IF YOU CAN, I NEED SOME ADVISE!!

I'm not sure about your post... Your description sounds "inofficially terminated" to me. ?

Are you officially being terminated in writing? If mouth, is not an officially.

What's the reason they terminated you for? First of all you need an officially termination letter to inform you with reasons. If they didn't say any reasons why they terminated you then you has the right to request the reason in writing. If you didn't get their reply or disagree with their reply with reasons then check with lawyer who experts employee rights on this situation.

You haven't explained why they terminated you.

I'm not sure about your post... Your description sounds "inofficially terminated" to me. ?

Are you officially being terminated in writing? If mouth, is not an officially.

What's the reason they terminated you for? First of all you need an officially termination letter to inform you with reasons. If they didn't say any reasons why they terminated you then you has the right to request the reason in writing. If you didn't get their reply or disagree with their reply with reasons then check with lawyer who experts employee rights on this situation.

Here is what letter reads verbatim: “Doug, This letter is formal notification for termination of your employment with XXXXX, Limited effective Thursday, March 15, 2007.

Termination is dut to medical leave of absence. You are eligible for rehire.

Regards,

District Manager

Here is what letter reads verbatim: “Doug, This letter is formal notification for termination of your employment with XXXXX, Limited effective Thursday, March 15, 2007.

Termination is dut to medical leave of absence. You are eligible for rehire.

Regards,

District Manager

check with those link:

Americans With Disabilities Act

Hearing Archives :Committee on Ways & Means :: U.S. House of Representatives :

Employment Discrimination Attorney Camilla C. McKinney Washington, DC Lawyer Harassment Retaliation Disability Accomodation Civil Rights FMLA

http://www.wsba.org/jobs/recent.htm

Try contact Disability Law Center check with Home - National Association of the Deaf relate to the legal

Good Luck

Back