Tension Headache

SkullChick

Reaction score
Do anyone have severe tension problem that you get tension headache almost everyday?
*raised my hand*
Only thing that helped so far is 15 ml of Hydrocodone (its liquid vicodin).
it worked wonder relaxing my tense muscles and cured my headache from it, it always varies on how long it'd last though like if I took it with full stomach it takes 1-3 hours for it to kick in and last about 6-8 hours but if on empty or barely any food in stomach, whoa strong kick in less than an hour sometimes I'd feel little TOO good lol. Its supposed to be addictive but I don't feel ANY urges, need or any signs of addiction I only usually take it 3 times a month when I get severe tension headache that I cannot function at all. And 2 time a month for menstrual cramps that occurs first 2 days of the "week" I get SEVERE cramps that I can't function at all not even when I'm completely still, maximum temp heating pad firmly pressed on abdomen or back, tylenol combined. So vicodin it relieved the pain well enough that I can walk around house do stuff I need to get done (FYI it doesn't completely cured the cramps pain only maybe 3/4 of the pain into manageable unlike tension headache it'd be 100% gone until next day sometimes 2)

So anyone with severe chronic tension headache? What kind painkiller you take that worked for you? Any trigger? Any home remedy for tension headache?

I tried hot bath, mediation, deep breath rotating my head to stretch muscles, everything, none worked I get tense no matter what even if I'm doing super most relaxing thing I'm tense, in sleep, bath, after massaging poof I'm right back to tense Amy lol it sucks

BTW sorry for rambling long post!

isn't that repost? You mention the similar problem since you have CI. *shurg*

isn't that repost? You mention the similar problem since you have CI. *shurg*

What? No I didn't have it since I have CI I've always had tension headache since I was about 16.
And what I had with CI couple months ago was different its like inside and on implanted site pain it was from loud noise from working inside house its all gone.

And if someone posted same thread about tension headache, mod can merge it with this.

ugh Skull.... I had tension headache for about 6 months last year. it was HORRIBLE and it really hinders me. I took this painkiller that was supposed to relieve the pain and makes me sleepy but I can't remember the name of it. I had tension headache because of high-stress life I had last year. 2.5-3 hrs commuting + work + classes. I get home at about 9-10pm and sleep at around 3-4am to do my assignments and sleep for about 4 hrs.

Worst experience ever but it was worth it. maybe your tension headache was caused by high stress you're having?

I get really severe, migraine-like headaches frequently. I take a combination of medications for them and other things.

My med regimen for my pain is as follows:

flexeril 10mg as needed. (muscle relaxer)
Relafen 500mgs every 6-8 hrs (anti inflammatory)
Zomig nasal spray
codeine (as needed) narcotic pain reliever.

I realize that I may have a different problem than you, but tension headaches can be severe. I'm not sure if something like Zomig would help you or not, but I would see your doctor. You may want to get a referral to a neurologist, who can run tests and diagnose the exact type of headaches you're getting.

Hang in there! If you ever want to, you can PM me. I know how bad things can get.

ah ha.... yea it's Codeine that I took. thanks god it's gone after i was done with school. I spent a month of doing absolutely nothing. just recuperating.

ugh Skull.... I had tension headache for about 6 months last year. it was HORRIBLE and it really hinders me. I took this painkiller that was supposed to relieve the pain and makes me sleepy but I can't remember the name of it. I had tension headache because of high-stress life I had last year. 2.5-3 hrs commuting + work + classes. I get home at about 9-10pm and sleep at around 3-4am to do my assignments and sleep for about 4 hrs.

Worst experience ever but it was worth it. maybe your tension headache was caused by high stress you're having?

High stress, no way I'm easy-going don't really rush into things and I'm mentally relaxed most of time but its apparent that my body don't agree with my mind lol

High stress, no way I'm easy-going don't really rush into things and I'm mentally relaxed most of time but its apparent that my body don't agree with my mind lol

:hmm: maybe... you have a brain tumor!? :-o or a metal plate on your skull!!?? :-o no really... I dunno. What did your doctor say?

I get really severe, migraine-like headaches frequently. I take a combination of medications for them and other things.

My med regimen for my pain is as follows:

flexeril 10mg as needed. (muscle relaxer)
Relafen 500mgs every 6-8 hrs (anti inflammatory)
Zomig nasal spray
codeine (as needed) narcotic pain reliever.

I realize that I may have a different problem than you, but tension headaches can be severe. I'm not sure if something like Zomig would help you or not, but I would see your doctor. You may want to get a referral to a neurologist, who can run tests and diagnose the exact type of headaches you're getting.

Hang in there! If you ever want to, you can PM me. I know how bad things can get.

Zomig nasal spray? What is it and how it work? And which's stronger codeine or vicodin? Cuz I was taking vicodin and it worked wonder but I'm out of it, and I don't know if my general doctor will prescribe another 450 ml of hydrocodone (450 ml will last me for 6 months)

:hmm: maybe... you have a brain tumor!? :-o or a metal plate on your skull!!?? :-o no really... I dunno. What did your doctor say?

Lol if you count cochlear implant as metal plate on my skull :lol:
Haven't asked my current doctor about it yet the vicodin I used was leftover from my CI surgery, I tried tylenol and it didn't work and next day my fiance told me "you have whole vicodin leftover, maybe try it and see if it help?" and I tried it, totally cured so 6 month later here we are with empty bottle lol
My previous doctor, I mentioned once she was laughing at me and said "just relax!" I was like "so much for asking that doctor" so I don't really feel the need to ask doc but I will probably ask soon since my vicodin's gone

Lol if you count cochlear implant as metal plate on my skull :lol:
Haven't asked my current doctor about it yet the vicodin I used was leftover from my CI surgery, I tried tylenol and it didn't work and next day my fiance told me "you have whole vicodin leftover, maybe try it and see if it help?" and I tried it, totally cured so 6 month later here we are with empty bottle lol
My previous doctor, I mentioned once she was laughing at me and said "just relax!" I was like "so much for asking that doctor" so I don't really feel the need to ask doc but I will probably ask soon since my vicodin's gone

it isn't good idea to rely on vicodin or any pain-killers long term unless you have painful physical injury (missing limb, severe injury, etc.). In your case... perhaps you should see neurologist. In your case, general doctor is useless and he's a legalized drug dealer :cool2:.

it isn't good idea to rely on vicodin or any pain-killers long term unless you have painful physical injury (missing limb, severe injury, etc.). In your case... perhaps you should see neurologist. In your case, general doctor is useless and he's a legalized drug dealer :cool2:.

What's the harm into that? I only use it 3-5 time a month if using long-term?
Its not any different than using tylenol, advil 5+ time a month just stronger, enough to stop the tension headache pain. Its severe enough that I can't function sometimes

Do you have something that's bothering you for along time or are you having family/work/personal issues or anything that's bothering you?

Sometimes, these headaches come from thinking about these issues constantly.

It could be something else. Did you see a doctor?

What's the harm into that? I only use it 3-5 time a month if using long-term?
Its not any different than using tylenol, advil 5+ time a month just stronger, enough to stop the tension headache pain. Its severe enough that I can't function sometimes

ooooh ok. I was under assumption that you're using vicodin or other painkiller nearly everyday because you said you get tension headache nearly everyday. my bad!

Do you have something that's bothering you for along time or are you having family/work/personal issues or anything that's bothering you?

Sometimes, these headaches come from thinking about these issues constantly.

It could be something else. Did you see a doctor?

Nothing that been bothering me for long time, however yes issue with family (they disowned me and make up lies to rumor to people) but I'm over and done with that so its not part of my worry anymore. So basically its tension headache for no reasons really.
Not yet but I will see doctor soon and ask about it.

Nothing that been bothering me for long time, however yes issue with family (they disowned me and make up lies to rumor to people) but I'm over and done with that so its not part of my worry anymore. So basically its tension headache for no reasons really.
Not yet but I will see doctor soon and ask about it.
Okay, just checking.

I know a few people who say they're over it, but they're not really over it cuz they're still hanging on to "something"... even a small thread of it.

Hope they find what's wrong. :)

ooooh ok. I was under assumption that you're using vicodin or other painkiller nearly everyday because you said you get tension headache nearly everyday. my bad!

I get tension heacache almost everyday since age 16 but its manageable and if you have it for so long it just become part of you, you know? But on some occassion it get too intolerable and can't function like driving, leaning down to pick up object, cooking food, focus on something when needed, etc. That's when I take vicodin.

Zomig nasal spray? What is it and how it work? And which's stronger codeine or vicodin? Cuz I was taking vicodin and it worked wonder but I'm out of it, and I don't know if my general doctor will prescribe another 450 ml of hydrocodone (450 ml will last me for 6 months)

Zomig is a migraine remedy. I mentioned it, because you *may* have migraines and a med like this one might be helpful. In order to know what type of headache's you're getting, you should see a neurologist. But for now, I'll google and will come up with a link for you :)

Back