Teenage Dirtbag, 1000 times better Twilight-like movie

bruisedhalo

Reaction score
Minus the vampixies and wereshapshifters, and adding realism, and characters that aren't perfect.

I picked up Teenage Dirtbag, and I decided to get it but I thought it was going to be another stupid teen romance movie. It left me feeling really sad.

Amber is the popular girl, and Thayer is the deliquent boy. In the begining she's adult, married, and pregnant. Going back through memories of Thayer cause he died or faked his own death, and she wants to know what happened. He harasses her until their placed in creative writing class together. They grow really close, and form a frienship, and eventually love through a notebook they write back forth in during study hall. But her social pressures and his broken home life they could never be together. It really broke my heart cause Thayer loves her so much, but Amber cares more about her reputation and never admits how she feels even though he's tried to get out of her. The relationship they form through that notebook is so true and real to real teenagers in High School. It's not like one those superficial romantic teen movies ex: Twilight. It's just so beautiful and bittersweet especially at the end. Also this movie is inspired by true events.

trailer

IMDb Video: Teenage Dirtbag

I couldn't find a trailer with subtitles. :(

Back