Teen Wins Battle for New Parents

ravensteve1961

Reaction score
Democrats dont care about family values, Like Hillary clinton for example, Hillary belives children should sue their parents for divorce like 15 years ago when a boy named gregory wanted to be called shawn sued his parents for divorce because theyre poor so he wanted to be with a wealthy family so he can get a car for his 16th birthday attend to a private school plus join a country club.Hillary belives it takes a village to raise a child,,WRONG!! It takes a family to raise children. This is what democrats just dont get, Family values!
Teen sued his father for divorce.

Hillary Clinton is right, it does take a village to raise a child...;)

I don't see anything on this story about the Democrats, or Hillary Clinton? :confused:

This story is about this boy's father shot his mother and He wants to divorce his imprisoned father . So he found a new parent. What's wrong with that? Who in the right mind of a child would want to live with a father that shot his mother eight times?

What are you ranting about Ravensteve? :lol:

Where does it say "Hillary Clinton" or "Democrats"? Looks like another one of your made-up accusations. :roll:

Im Making a point,,,Democrats do not belive in family values. Democrats are more interested promoting gay marrages than family values.

^Angel^ said:
Hillary Clinton is right, it does take a village to raise a child...;)

Ditto here. What it means is that a family needs a support from the village. (if a child is missing, people will be willing to search for him until they find him, for instance.) If the 'village' will not support a family, it can fall apart very easily. So we do need to look over each other, not just from our relatives, but our neighbors as well.

And I think a child has the right to sue against his or her biological parents if they are not treating him/her well. About Gregory Kingsley - see the link: Legal Aspects of Child/Parent Divorce Involving Abuse The reason he wanted to divorce his biological parents was because he was an abused child and needs a family willing to take him in, not because he wanted wealth.

And as for Patrick Holland, he has the right to divorce his biological father who murdered his mother when Patrick was only 8 years old (the young Patrick found his dead mother in a pool of blood and went into a shock.) So I don't blame him for wanting to sever his ties with his biological father.

Each boy wanted (and deserved) a better life with a loving family. I don't think Democrats have a problem with that.

There nothing to do with politics in this boy's story. He basically want to live with his foster parents rather than his father because HE is being happy living with foster parents (which will be adoptive parents to that boy). Keep in mind He witness his father killed his mother. WHY do you think that boy dont want to live with his father?

raven geez you keep bring almost every topic well probably all of topics into politics and I think ya need break from bringing up politic stuffs in here for while.

ravensteve1961 said:
Im Making a point,,,Democrats do not belive in family values. Democrats are more interested promoting gay marrages than family values.

Is that what you think? I believe in both homosexual marriage and family values like I said before I don't judge people for what they want out of life, who they love and who they married. Therefore this doesn't have anything to do with this topic itself. It's about the boy.

Shiva said:
raven geez you keep bring almost every topic well probably all of topics into politics and I think ya need break from bringing up politic stuffs in here for while.

Hahaha I was thinking of the same thing, He always do that. :roll:

I disagee. It's wrong to allow the children to divorce their parents by suin' them... just because, they want to be with wealthy parents -- oh, please !! :roll: I don't agree with Hillary Clinton, either. Hillary Clinton believes that the children should be given more rights than the parents. I disagree with Hillary on this.

Children should obey and honor thy mother and father, no matter if they are poor or not. It has to come from the heart, not materialism or money ! :)

CyberRed said:
Children should obey and honor thy mother and father, no matter if they are poor or not. It has to come from the heart, not materialism or money ! :)

Yes, it is mostly true....until the parents start abusing them. Then they deserve a better life with a family capable of proving loving care for them. Both the boys who wanted to divorce their biological parents were NOT seeking to become rich...that was not the point. They were seeking to live with a better family than their own parents who abused them. It would be unrealistic, even dangerous to force the children to stay with their biological parents who neglect them or treat them badly. :/

And as for "it takes a village to raise a child" - here, I'll quote the article I Googled up:

The Royal Anguilla Police Force has just completed a week of activities where the participation of the community was highlighted in the reduction and solving of crimes. We think this should be taken a step further. The older generation will recall that in their youth, adults of the community would, if necessary correct young persons for bad behaviour.

Nowadays no one dares to parent another person’s child for fear of incurring wrath from the parents. Many of our youth are well behaved responsible persons but there are many also who feel no social responsibility to think about how their behaviour affects others. When a society stops setting standards, trouble follows.

We are all for returning to the old days, when, if you saw a child misbehaving, using bad language, cheating, bullying another child or going around with weapons, you would either tell the parents, reprimand the child or both. It is good for children to know that others are taking note of their behaviour and that their neighbours also have expectations for them to grow up into good citizens.

We live in a small community and many children are known to the adults around. It is just that most people do not want to get involved. We think it is time that all adults are involved. If we all commit to holding children accountable for their actions, maybe we could turn this tide of disrespect back into a more civilized society. Maybe, this is one time when a step backward will actually move us forward.
Do you see why it is not just the family raising the children, but other people can pitch in, by letting the children know where they stand and that they are held accountable for their actions? That way, with people showing the kids they CARE about them, it would keep the crimes down that would be otherwise committed by bored, vengeful and extremely disrespectful youths.

The article is taken from: http://www.anguillian.com/article/articleview/2180/1/146/

Toonces said:
Yes, it is mostly true....until the parents start abusing them. Then they deserve a better life with a family capable of proving loving care for them. Both the boys who wanted to divorce their biological parents were NOT seeking to become rich...that was not the point. They were seeking to live with a better family than their own parents who abused them. It would be unrealistic, even dangerous to force the children to stay with their biological parents who neglect them or treat them badly. :/

And as for "it takes a village to raise a child" - here, I'll quote the article I Googled up:

Do you see why it is not just the family raising the children, but other people can pitch in, by letting the children know where they stand and that they are held accountable for their actions? That way, with people showing the kids they CARE about them, it would keep the crimes down that would be otherwise committed by bored, vengeful and extremely disrespectful youths.

The article is taken from: http://www.anguillian.com/article/articleview/2180/1/146/

I fully understood. :) Umm.. I don't think that the children should be given more rights than the parents, otherwise they will feel more power to find the excuses against their parents' consent... to find somethin' else to get even. Sometimes, schools taught the wrong way and it is NOT somethin' that the parents taught at home due to their beliefs, family values and religion. Maybe, that's the reason why it is all upsided down on the kids and the rebellion starts. :dunno:

I believe that the family values, beliefs, and religion are startin' to strip away. Children don't know the difference in between good and bad. For example: it could confuse child when the police arrest that child for usin' a "toy" gun. How could a child know the difference in between toy and what is not a toy ? That child wants to play and that "toy" gun has no bullet IN it. Will it bring that child more rebellion/emotional later on down the road ? :dunno: I guess, people will have to answer this to figure it out.

I guess, we are livin' in Delusion world, eh ?

CyberRed said:
I fully understood. :) Umm.. I don't think that the children should be given more rights than the parents, otherwise they will feel more power to find the excuses against their parents' consent... to find somethin' else to get even. Sometimes, schools taught the wrong way and it is NOT somethin' that the parents taught at home due to their beliefs, family values and religion. Maybe, that's the reason why it is all upsided down on the kids and the rebellion starts. :dunno:

I believe that the family values, beliefs, and religion are startin' to strip away. Children don't know the difference in between good and bad. For example: it could confuse child when the police arrest that child for usin' a "toy" gun. How could a child know the difference in between toy and what is not a toy ? That child wants to play and that "toy" gun has no bullet IN it. Will it bring that child more rebellion/emotional later on down the road ? :dunno: I guess, people will have to answer this to figure it out.

I guess, we are livin' in Delusion world, eh ?

Yes, you may be right... sometimes children can and do get confused and makes wrong choices. It is indeed up to parents to teach them right and wrong, so You have a good point. And yeah, the children shouldn't have too much rights over their parents. Still, in some serious cases involving their parents who did not take their parenting responsibilities seriously, children' voice would still count, I think.

Its all about money.Kids will sue their parents so they can be with wealthy parents rather than being with poor and the middle class parents. Look what poor kids have to do to get a car,They steal them!! Poor kids would join gangs because they cant afford to join a country club. Poor Kids have to attend a public school while theyre unquilfied teachers than getting a better education in a pravate school.I see now kids now understand money,,If i can only get them to understand ballplayer contracts and the business of the game maybe theyre start playing sports in schools rather than attending career day in school.

First, it has to do nothing with Hillary or politics. The article doesn't talk about Hillary or politics, let's leave politics out of this article...

Second, I already disown my birth dad, and I don't need to go to court to do sue him, and my friend already accepted to be my father (look for "my father" in parenting thread to read my story). I may go to court this summer to change my last name after I go through my friend/dad's family if they granted me their permission then I will go ahead change my last name. Next time I see my birth dad again, I will have to talk to him about dissolve my relationship with him since he and his family have never been in my life anyways.

racheleggert said:
First, it has to do nothing with Hillary or politics. The article doesn't talk about Hillary or politics, let's leave politics out of this article...

:gpost: I agree Racheleggert, Leave politics out of this thread because it has nothing to do with the story itself.

ravensteve1961 said:
Its all about money.Kids will sue their parents so they can be with wealthy parents rather than being with poor and the middle class parents. Look what poor kids have to do to get a car,They steal them!! Poor kids would join gangs because they cant afford to join a country club. Poor Kids have to attend a public school while theyre unquilfied teachers than getting a better education in a pravate school.I see now kids now understand money,,If i can only get them to understand ballplayer contracts and the business of the game maybe theyre start playing sports in schools rather than attending career day in school.

Why are you going off topic, You bring in news that has nothing to do with kids suing parent so they can live with wealthily parents. The story is about the boy who doesn't want to reunited with his father who killed his mother shot her 8 times. You're confusing a lot of people when you're going off topic. :whistle:

It has everything to do with money.Maybe his dad who killed his mother shot her 8 times. But he wants out of the poor life with drugs, poverty and crime and be adopted by wealthy parents.

ravensteve1961 said:
It has everything to do with money.Maybe his dad who killed his mother shot her 8 times. But he wants out of the poor life with drugs, poverty and crime and be adopted by wealthy parents.

It has nothing to do with money Ravensteve, It's about the child's life being on stake here, Why would he want to live with his father that shot his mother 8 times? He would be scare of his father for the rest of his life, thinking maybe he would be next. We have to protect the children and their welfare well being. If we cannot protect them, they would likely end up dead. You want that?

Back