Technology Recommendations?

Maybe a stupid question that I should be asking Dr. Google, but is there a difference between a video phone and video chat forums like gchat, fb, skype, logitech, etc? (web cam)

Video phones (VP) are external devices (like Eye2Eye, Sorenson etc) that have an assigned phone number and operate independent of a computer.

Video Chats like MSN, AIM, Yahoo, Gtalk, Skype etc use a computer webcam to provide the video - and the computer to run the programs (so if you have a slower computer or internet connection it will impact the video quality)

Typically, standalone video phones are VASTLY faster and clearer than using webcams/computer combinations. My experience has been that the quality and speed has been as good as if they were right in the room with me, whereas with webcam, skype, etc there's always a little bit of lag, the picture is fuzzy, etc.

I am working hard to stay out of the "ignorant hearing people" category, but, really, I am. But not disrespectfully, if that is any consolation?
I am SO VERY new at this and am trying very hard to make life the best for my kiddos as possible.
If any of you would be willing to help me out, I would be so grateful.

Technology advances at an amazing pace, and I'm learning about all kinds of things that are made for signalling, etc. Are there any gizmos or gadgets that you use or wish you had growing up that you would recommend? Is there something that I absolutely HAVE to invest in for my girls?

Does any one have a canine companion trained to hear for you? How has this relationship been for you?

Thank you for your help!
my opinion perception,view observes, I look likes, I advise to you careful I treat , i assured, I not sure about what is exactly how, you learn how new technology notice how willing inside amazing to kids. my opinion

Does any one have a canine companion trained to hear for you? How has this relationship been for you?
Never really understood the point of a hearing ear dog. It's not really something useful.

Never really understood the point of a hearing ear dog. It's not really something useful.

It can be quite useful if you spend a lot of time away from home or travel a lot. Or if you live without electricity. lol

Back