Technology for Deaf children

messymama

Reaction score
I've already found some info around the forum, but I was wondering if there are products of everyday use designed for Deaf children.

I'm thinking about an alarm to get my kids up in the morning for example... Something not too "violent" and possibly cute and coloured.

Ringing alarms usually have a lower or prettier sound for kids, so I was wondering about a flashing alarm wich would wake up my kids gently in the morning... They prefer not be awaken by me, no matter how kind I am, especially the little one :roll:

Any advice anyone? Also if you know of other products that can be useful for Deaf children that would be appreciated :ty:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-SBH400ss-Sweetheart-Vibrating-Alarm/dp/B000LDNTT0/ref=pd_sim_hpc_10[/ame]

it's pink and heart shaped.

I've already found some info around the forum, but I was wondering if there are products of everyday use designed for Deaf children.

I'm thinking about an alarm to get my kids up in the morning for example... Something not too "violent" and possibly cute and coloured.

Ringing alarms usually have a lower or prettier sound for kids, so I was wondering about a flashing alarm wich would wake up my kids gently in the morning... They prefer not be awaken by me, no matter how kind I am, especially the little one :roll:

Any advice anyone? Also if you know of other products that can be useful for Deaf children that would be appreciated :ty:

My deaf friends and family use vibrating alarm clocks. you stick it under your pillow and it vibrates and wakes you up.

Check out Harris Communication

Wow! the heart shaped one is so cute!

Ok, now I know where to find stuff. Guess I'll need to make a few changes in the house while he grows up, too. At the moment, we have no skype nor flashing bell at the door. No wonder he's taken the habit of ignoring everything that goes on around him, since people and things just seems to pop out of nowhere all day long without any predictable sign... :roll:

Thank you all!

Back