Technical Difficulties.

morphocoelestis

Reaction score
If your hearing aids get bumped or tapped (such as putting your hair behind your ears and you finger taps them slightly, or putting your head against someone's shoulder, etc) do they reset? Mine turn off for 1-4 seconds and then turn on again at setting number 1-- it is hard to tell if it is resetting to number one cause that is what I normally have it set to anyway.

I have considered if there is a problem with the battery contacts-- but I really really don't have the money to go to the audiologist-- do you think it is serious? (to be fair, they were unused for many years-- I just got sick of all the noise, and went with a quiet world for a while, so I am concerned about replacing them, etc)
(I hope they don't need replacing-- I just can't afford it)

I think it's static electricity that makes my hearing aid turn off on me... I get to brushing my hair with my hearing aid on, and boom what the I'm deaf why?! Of course, as soon as it goes off, I flip the switch off then turn it back on, I don't wait to see if it'll come back on its own. This is why I always have my hair pulled back into a ponytail, every single day. Otherwise, my hearing aid is just going to tick me off daily. It does the same if I'm laying on the couch and move my head around. I think it's just static electricity. I can avoid it for the most part, if I'm careful enough and make sure I don't make enough static around my head so that my hearing aid does weird things.

That has never happened to me! Nor have I ever heard of it happening! I have short hair mind you, but I haven't had my hearing aids just spontaniously turn off unless I ignored the beeps prompting me to change the battery :giggle:

BTW, I am LOVING all of these HA threads!

I haven't had that happen to me either....I remember the frst time my ha batteries were dying..i was so confused and then i was like OH!!! haha I thought something was weird before the beeps cuz it was fady/staticky a bit..lol

If your hearing aids get bumped or tapped (such as putting your hair behind your ears and you finger taps them slightly, or putting your head against someone's shoulder, etc) do they reset? Mine turn off for 1-4 seconds and then turn on again at setting number 1-- it is hard to tell if it is resetting to number one cause that is what I normally have it set to anyway.

I have considered if there is a problem with the battery contacts-- but I really really don't have the money to go to the audiologist-- do you think it is serious? (to be fair, they were unused for many years-- I just got sick of all the noise, and went with a quiet world for a while, so I am concerned about replacing them, etc)
(I hope they don't need replacing-- I just can't afford it)

It may not be static electricity and you mention that you have not worn the aid in quite some time. When I feel that there is a problem with the battery contacts I use a Q tip with a small bit of cleaner fluid to clean the contacts inside the battery door. Sometimes opening and closing the battery door a few times can do the trick. Sounds more like a poor connection somewhere inside the aid as a possibility. I never had a static electricity discharged effecting my hearing aids or implant but I have heard that this may be more of a issue with kids in playgrounds.

Back