Teacher position

deafsqrrl

Reaction score
I have a master's degree and I am interested in becoming a teacher working with the deaf children. I understand I need to pass the CBEST, but I need to find a teaching job with benefits. That means I need to pursue a teaching credential.
I don't wish to enroll in a training at CSUN because it is too far from me. What about CSULB? CSUF? I work full time and I cannot take time off. National Unv is an ideal one,but it is so expensive!!!!

Thought you live in Chicago area? Are you looking for a teacher position in California?
I have a master's degree and I am interested in becoming a teacher working with the deaf children. I understand I need to pass the CBEST, but I need to find a teaching job with benefits. That means I need to pursue a teaching credential.
I don't wish to enroll in a training at CSUN because it is too far from me. What about CSULB? CSUF? I work full time and I cannot take time off. National Unv is an ideal one,but it is so expensive!!!!

I used to live in Chicago and I now live in Ca. In order to become a teacher working w/ children in Ca; you must have teaching credentials despite you have some college degree. I will look around for a training that fits my full time work schedule.

If all you're looking for is a credential, try the community colleges. Much less expensive than the universities and have a more flexible schedule of classes for working students. Where in CA are you?

I used to live in Chicago and I now live in Ca. In order to become a teacher working w/ children in Ca; you must have teaching credentials despite you have some college degree. I will look around for a training that fits my full time work schedule.

Are you looking for education endorsement, or just credentially for teaching the deaf?

If you are interested in becoming teacher for the deaf/hoh then CSUSF have a program for that. You can contact the college for more info. and contact your Vocational Rehab. counselor to see if they will pay for your credentials.

I only know three state colleges that offer credentials for teacher for the deaf/hoh--CSUN, CSUSF and UCSD (SDSU no longer offers that).

Back