Tea!

rabbit

Reaction score
So who likes tea? Me... I'm a complete addict... I run my own forum (SereniTea) just on tea and am planning on going into the business of importing and selling loose leaf teas. I started out drinking lipton teabags way back when and moved on to tazo teabags, then to loose leaf black, then to loose leaf green, I then proceeded to stop drinking tea with milk and sugar and to prepare it properly using bottled water and a thermometer to get the water temp right, I also prefer to use a chinese gaiwan (covered teacup) to prepare my green and oolong tea... but I also have an authentic yixing zisha teapot (one of a kind, hand made in china, signed by the artist).

My favorite black tea is English breakfast,
my favorite greens are (qing ming) long jing, and bi luo chun,
my favorite oolongs are wuyi, and ti guan yin.

Here is my tea collection (it's much larger now)
8013574172.jpg

my yixing teapot (click for larger view)

and my gaiwan
870100102.jpg

I do like to drinking tea sometime, just depend on my mood. But Im very crazy about Tazo Chai kind of Tea ;)

Impressive collection....

Wishes you much success once you get into your own business.... ;)

Awesome - where are you located at?

Tea is extremely popular in my region (Northwestern part of USA) and I enjoy tea a lot especially with half n half milk. But coffee reigns over this area though.

Gemtun said:
Awesome - where are you located at?

Tea is extremely popular in my region (Northwestern part of USA) and I enjoy tea a lot especially with half n half milk. But coffee reigns over this area though.

I live in Massachusetts... tea is becoming popular here as well, but coffee reigns over most of the US... it's kinda odd that the rest of the world prefers tea... even the coffee producing countries prefer tea over coffee.

rabbit said:
I live in Massachusetts... tea is becoming popular here as well, but coffee reigns over most of the US... it's kinda odd that the rest of the world prefers tea... even the coffee producing countries prefer tea over coffee.

I agree but tea is slowly overcoming our taste for java......but in the Northwest, it is easy to fall in love with tea due to our wet climate....nothing sounds better than cozying up in a chair with warm tea!

i love green tea, but some teas can be dangerous to women if they are pregnant. It can cause an abortion.

RDC_girl said:
i love green tea, but some teas can be dangerous to women if they are pregnant. It can cause an abortion.

Please post a link to support your statement that some teas can cause abortions.

RDC_girl said:
http://www.sisterzeus.com/Abortif.htm

I was told by a teacher in an anthro class about this. She said that herbal raspberry tea is the worst.

When my friend was pregnant her doctor told her the same thing about herbal teas

herbal tea and green tea are very differant, herbals shouldn't even be called tea because they aren't made with the leaves of the camellia sinensis plant (tea plant) but should be called a "tisane" which is french for "herbal infusion"... chrysanthemum tea is also dangerous for pregnant women, I've heard that in large amounts it can cause women to randomly abort, but some people are hyper sensitive and don't need large amounts for this to happen... but as far as I know plain green tea isn't bad for you, but of course I am no doctor, so I could be wrong.

I have been enjoyed Turkish tea. They do have various flavors such as apple and whatnot but I prefer their black tea.
It is probably the only one I can enjoy if given daily (which I was!).
In general, most teas are not very "yummy" for me. I like the lemon and honey tea whenever I am sick. Green tea-- NOT my thing.

Is there a guide for a person to enjoy (similar to a guide for a person to taste for coffee-- dark roasted for strong flavor, et cetera) teas?
I do not want to waste my money on tasting teas if I don't like most. It is a shame that nobody is offering a sampler of each tea... :-/

rabbit - she did specify all herbal teas, so not green tea like you pointed out. I to have heard that green tea is good for you.

gnarlydorkette said:
I have been enjoyed Turkish tea. They do have various flavors such as apple and whatnot but I prefer their black tea.
It is probably the only one I can enjoy if given daily (which I was!).
In general, most teas are not very "yummy" for me. I like the lemon and honey tea whenever I am sick. Green tea-- NOT my thing.

Is there a guide for a person to enjoy (similar to a guide for a person to taste for coffee-- dark roasted for strong flavor, et cetera) teas?
I do not want to waste my money on tasting teas if I don't like most. It is a shame that nobody is offering a sampler of each tea... :-/

there are many many websites that sell tea samplers for fairly cheap... adagio.com is one, and enjoyingtea.com is another good one.

i love to drink tea.. hot tea in winter time.. yummy.. flavored as well too.. like peppermint, orange spice, and oh yeah green tea.. i have drank that .. its delicious!!!

as for cold tea.. i love it too as well.. with ice for summer time perfect.. lemon.. ahhhh.. delicious.. hehe :)

when im sick and have sore throat.. i always put honey and lemon in my hot tea.. it do help so much! :)

GalaxyAngel said:
I do drink tea rarely but obession coffee helps me wake in the morning! :D

me too.. im a strong coffee drinker ha.. :) but i do drink tea whenever im in mood.. :)

rabbit said:
So who likes tea? Me... I'm a complete addict... I run my own forum (SereniTea) just on tea and am planning on going into the business of importing and selling loose leaf teas. I started out drinking lipton teabags way back when and moved on to tazo teabags, then to loose leaf black, then to loose leaf green, I then proceeded to stop drinking tea with milk and sugar and to prepare it properly using bottled water and a thermometer to get the water temp right, I also prefer to use a chinese gaiwan (covered teacup) to prepare my green and oolong tea... but I also have an authentic yixing zisha teapot (one of a kind, hand made in china, signed by the artist).

My favorite black tea is English breakfast,
my favorite greens are (qing ming) long jing, and bi luo chun,
my favorite oolongs are wuyi, and ti guan yin.

Here is my tea collection (it's much larger now)
8013574172.jpg

my yixing teapot (click for larger view)

and my gaiwan
870100102.jpg
I hope, we fly your business place. We love visit your place because We love tea too! It here to me new! Whoa, Thank you for showed here. :angel:

Back