Tattoos?

okay gotcha.....but usually when someone joins the military, usually I'm saying here, they're fresh out of high school and don't have tats yet.
Not always. Officers are college graduates, so they're usually in their early 20's when they join. I was 19, a year after graduating from high school, when I joined the Navy. In the days of the draft, there were lots of guys right out of high school. So, it varies.

But I have to wonder wonder how many people get inked while they're in the military? My brother in law just got a tat over the summer while he was in Dubais, he's navy and is Chief Petty Officer, his tat is about that. It's a skull and says "all me blooming life" :D it's pretty sweet. I bet it's not just any skull lightning bolt etc etc, they're gang symbols, so they'll all be the same. Know what I'm saying.
Yes, some get tattoos after they join. By then, they know what's allowed, and where they can be placed.

I retired as a Chief Petty Officer, with no tats. :lol:

Until two years ago, the legal age for tattoos in South Carolina was 21 years.

My stepson is covered in ink already, he's 19. He's joining the navy, at least he says he is we shall see. Most ink is easy to cover up and really isn't an issue....unless you got one your forehead, below the wrists, on the neck etc. I'd bet you'd be shocked to find out your doctor might one ;)
Seeing that my doctor is a woman even older than me (I'm 61), that probably would be surprising.

Not always. Officers are college graduates, so they're usually in their early 20's when they join. I was 19, a year after graduating from high school, when I joined the Navy. In the days of the draft, there were lots of guys right out of high school. So, it varies.

Yes, some get tattoos after they join. By then, they know what's allowed, and where they can be placed.

I retired as a Chief Petty Officer, with no tats. :lol:

Until two years ago, the legal age for tattoos in South Carolina was 21 years.

Seeing that my doctor is a woman even older than me (I'm 61), that probably would be surprising.

Notice, if you will, I said usually, not just once, but twice because I knew you were going to ignore it.

Like I said ink is easy to cover up, especially in a military uniform actually, unless it's below the wrist or above the neckline. Until 6 years ago nobody could get tattoos in SC so I'm not sure what your point there is and the whole doctor thing was hypothetical, not truly your doctor in particular, but any doctor. Super easy to cover up tats with a lab coat.

Notice, if you will, I said usually, not just once, but twice because I knew you were going to ignore it.
That was my point. It's not even "usually" that recruits are just out of high school.

re:

Enlistment Standards

What is the average enlistment age?

FY 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11

Average
Age RA 20.9 21.2 21.2 21.3 20.8 21.3 21.7 21.3 22 21.4 21.3

Average
Age AR 23.7 23.3 22.3 22.9 21.0 20.6 20.5 20.4 21.4 21.7 20.7

Support Army Recruiting

That was my point. It's not even "usually" that recruits are just out of high school.

re:

Enlistment Standards

What is the average enlistment age?

FY 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11

Average
Age RA 20.9 21.2 21.2 21.3 20.8 21.3 21.7 21.3 22 21.4 21.3

Average
Age AR 23.7 23.3 22.3 22.9 21.0 20.6 20.5 20.4 21.4 21.7 20.7

Support Army Recruiting
Honestly I don't care, and it doesn't matter. Because as long as the ink can be covered up, which most can, and as long as it isn't a specific white supremist/gang tat....doesn't matter what ink they got. Not to mention how many people on alldeaf are going to be joining the military or thinking about getting white supremist tats that will keep them out? Their hearing would be a bigger obstacle than their ink.

Honestly I don't care, and it doesn't matter. Because as long as the ink can be covered up, which most can, and as long as it isn't a specific white supremist/gang tat....doesn't matter what ink they got. Not to mention how many people on alldeaf are going to be joining the military or thinking about getting white supremist tats that will keep them out? Their hearing would be a bigger obstacle than their ink.
True. But they might have family members who could use the info.

It's just FYI; nothing to get rattled about.

True. But they might have family members who could use the info.

It's just FYI; nothing to get rattled about.

:cool2: rattled? pffft

Anyway....I have 5 and the only way you're going to see any of them is if I don't have my shoes on and am in my bathing suit......or nekid :naughty:

this was my last one, the one I want to get art put in in the background hopefully next sring. Thinking vines flowers and butterflies. Want to get them going down my hips front and back to cover up my old work cuz it looks tired and up around my shoulder blade. Think I'm going to have to go back and edit it so I can link it to the pic in the other tattoos thread.
http://www.alldeaf.com/pictures-videos/95981-tattoo-thread-2.html#post2076358

I got mine two weeks ago - on my left forearm is a inspiriational saying in Japanese writing.
"Try and you will succeed"
Will post photo later.
Here is the photo - apologies if it is sideways.

2i7xq2q.jpg

cb632f76.jpg

I know this is not a good picture but My chest tattoo is there. if you look closely, you will see the scars. (it was not intended to happen but represents me perfectly.)

Haha nice, ya let the tattoo artist to draw something on your breasts? How beautiful.

LOL. They do not draw on it, they just tattoo it after putting the Stencil on... The guy was pretty creepy though..

I know this is not a good picture but My chest tattoo is there. if you look closely, you will see the scars. (it was not intended to happen but represents me perfectly.)

Can I look closer? I mean scar! :shock:

my tattoo :)

u know Fruit veg sticker u see at the store.. well up in Alaska they re famous for growing big lettuce and other things and they use this sticker Alaska grown on it because it was made from Alaska.. and that became poplar logo from sweatshirt ( most famous is Sarah palin wearing that ) so i wanted get something that means so much to me :)

Attachments

• 6529_100398196644420_100000227195773_8125_3242470_n.jpg
    6529_100398196644420_100000227195773_8125_3242470_n.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 19
i have a few, a butterfly coming up on a branch, got it when i was 18 and moved out, representing growing and moving on, another that says, i belong to me, that i got after my marriage ended to remind me that im a whole person not half of a couple. i got cherry blossoms on vines on my foot coming up to my ankle, every cherry blossom represents all of the important people, family and friends that ive lost in my life, got 2 dog paws, that represents my dogs, i have 2 huskies. i got an anchor with wings and a sunset in the backround, which represents my father who was in the navy and died a few years ago while on deployment. the anchor represents the navy and the wings, because he became an angel, and the sunset because that was his favorite thing to do with us, watch the sunset. and im getting one for my grandma that just passed 3 months ago of 2 sparrows holding a banner that is gonna have her name DOB and DOD, the sparrow is said to take souls up to heaven.

I don't mind getting a few tattoos myself. When I do, it will be something that won't change.

I've seen people get tattoos for the wrong reason and end up regretting it. I know one guy who got a tattoo of his girlfriend, but he later married a different woman. So, he now has a tattoo of Woman A while married to Woman B. :Ohno:

I knew a gal who got a tattoo because she felt like it, but later suddenly had a different interest in something else and got one tattoo (as part of a planned two tattoo set), then changed her mind on her interests and got another tattoo (as part of another two tattoo set), then changed her mind again, and again. She probably has like 10 tattoos with no relation to each other and of something she isn't even interested in. Tsk tsk tsk...

I knew a guy who got a tattoo of a swatiska on his hand (an inch from between his index finger and thumb). It was during his rebellious stage where he didn't care about anything. He later regretted it. So, he cut parts of it off with a razor blade. Now, he has a simple '+' tattoo. If you look carefully, you can see scars from where he cut his hand.

I also knew a guy who got a tattoo of a sun with some letters and numbers inside. Unfortunately, he had a poor choice of what font to use and the letters ended up looking like different letters and making him look like an idiot. So, he beared with it for a few months before going back and getting a Red Hot Chili Peppers logo in black & red to cover up those letters he messed up on. So, he now has a Red Hot Chili Peppers logo inside a sun. ;)

Back