Tattoo Reality Check

Journey

Reaction score
If I was younger and just starting to develop a career path for myself, I think I would be very wise to get into the business of tattoo removal. No doubt there will be a steady flow of now-teens and young adults who will be running to tattoo removal clinics in the near future. This is one fad that makes Farrah hair, low-rise jeans, baggy pants and some piercings look like good choices ... good grief.:roll:

Girl tattoos boyfriend of 1 week on her arm -- a Facebook thread ensues! : theCHIVE

If I was younger and just starting to develop a career path for myself, I think I would be very wise to get into the business of tattoo removal. No doubt there will be a steady flow of now-teens and young adults who will be running to tattoo removal clinics in the near future. This is one fad that makes Farrah hair, low-rise jeans, baggy pants and some piercings look like good choices ... good grief.:roll:

Girl tattoos boyfriend of 1 week on her arm -- a Facebook thread ensues! : theCHIVE

Good choice....people I know have their bf/gf's name tattooed on them....break up...and sad they did it....It's really crazy and a bad decision, but some people won't listen......

Don't have any tatts, never wanted one. And my boys will not get one until they are 18, then it's their choice. Tatts in good taste are OK. I've seen some really beautiful ones. It's just those people that don't know when to quit.

And the worst ones I've seen was the "grim reaper"....and some with profane language....

Good choice....people I know have their bf/gf's name tattooed on them....break up...and sad they did it....It's really crazy and a bad decision, but some people won't listen......

Don't have any tatts, never wanted one. And my boys will not get one until they are 18, then it's their choice. Tatts in good taste are OK. I've seen some really beautiful ones. It's just those people that don't know when to quit.

And the worst ones I've seen was the "grim reaper"....and some with profane language....

I've been watching Ink Master a few times with my wife. Interesting show. Seeing tattoo artists compete for the $100,000 prize and always a steady stream of willing participants to lend their skin as a canvas piece for a free tattoo. Now it's down to three competitors. I think Shane will win (for those who are already watching it know who I'm talking about).

Remember a tatt that looks cute when your an 18 year old girl, will look pretty silly when your 60. Probably will have moved a little bit also!!hahaha

Remember a tatt that looks cute when your an 18 year old girl, will look pretty silly when your 60. Probably will have moved a little bit also!!hahaha

True dat!....:giggle:....remembering several old ladies in shorts with tatts all over their legs.....:laugh2:...I started to ask them if they were the old ladies in the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club....

Actually, people are much older than 18 when getting their tattoos for the first time. Mike Tyson got his tattoo around his face and he certainly wasn't 18.

The tattoo industry is very versatile in its market locations and designs. Since 1934, it has been estimated that at 10 million Americans have had at least one tattoo. By 2004, there was a tripling of that number to 30 million Americans having had at least one tattoo. A whopping 37 per cent of people between the ages of 18-25, and 40 per cent of people between the ages of 26-40 had at least one tattoo. Females were dramatically increasing the number of tattooing their bodies largely because of female celebrities, who were getting tagged.
Tattoo Trends

My tattoo is for life...I have no plan of removing it. It has too much great significance to it.

Actually, people are much older than 18 when getting their tattoos for the first time. Mike Tyson got his tattoo around his face and he certainly wasn't 18.

Tattoo Trends[

Yes people of all ages get tatoos. I just would suggest to my daughter if she wanted to do it now that she is out of the house, that to be careful when you choose so that it looks nice no matter how old you are. I personally think inspiritional words are beautiful,. I would get one myself if I could think of one.

Some of you may remember the girl I knew in the wheelchair. She is in the wheelchair due to a tat that went wrong. I have one.....no problem with it except having to cover it on the golf course when wearing shorts. My club doesn't approve. I'm ok with that.

Thanks Grayma for the update. Although this particular example was a hoax, I have seen tattoo regret happen (and in the making) so many times in the past decade or so. So many think it's cool without considering how much their own ideas or situations will change. I am not completely 'anti-tattoo' but think it has become far too 'faddish' for such a permanent outcome.

A friend got an infection from a tatoo and went into the hospital for several days.....As far as Mike Tyson's tattoo on his face, I think it's pretty dumb!

A friend got an infection from a tatoo and went into the hospital for several days.....As far as Mike Tyson's tattoo on his face, I think it's pretty dumb!

Wow! So judgemental! :lol: (Just kidding)

I love my tattoos, they have personal significance. They are beautiful reminders of what means the most to me. I interviewed several artists, poured through tons of portfolios and heavily considered my choice for 5 years before the ink. My husband took the same consideration with his art. Our house rule for myself, husband and daughters is the following, you should be able to dress nicely without the tattoo showing and the ink should be meaningful as well as tasteful. Am I worried about being 60 with tattoos? Hell no! I will be a rockin; grandma ;)

Back