Talked to my daughter on the vp for the first time this weekend

blank canvas

Reaction score
So I had my first convo with my daughter at her dads this weekend!! In the past I would call her and someone would have to tell her what I said and then someone on my end would tell me what she said... It sucked!

Well thanks to RickL I was able to talk TO my daughter! It was amazing! She also had a VP pj party with her friend friday night.

SO just so everyone one here on AD knows RickL66 is AWESOME!!

kramer_pimp_walk.gif

RickL. Ok. Is he a VP installer? Let you use his VP? I am happy to honor him, but need to know why. :wave:

He works for sorenson I posted a thread about how they didn't care about 7year olds communication needs and he replied and got my daughter a vp at her dads house! I have one at my place but they kept denying my request for one at dads because of her age, but she spends weekends and school breaks there.

SO thanks to rick she now has one!

He works for sorenson I posted a thread about how they didn't care about 7year olds communication needs and he replied and got my daughter a vp at her dads house! I have one at my place but they kept denying my request for one at dads because of her age, but she spends weekends and school breaks there.

SO thanks to rick she now has one!

Very cool! Yay RickL :applause:

:D Yes she has called me a total of 32 times most were just to say I love you then hang up! I don't think anything could have put me in a better mood!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LOL sounds like my son & I when I enabled texting on his cell phone. I got soooooo many texts from him in the first few days. ADORABLE!

I know how you feel. I love it when I VP with my daughter. I am happy for you. :)

Oh yeah. ASL and VPing is much better than hearing the voice through a handset, eh. (provided that your kid was an oral and CI user..)

Can't beat the personal connection over a VP. you get so much more message delivered. Beautiful.

Oh, btw yes, rick is awesome. He needs to hang out more. :P

Yes, I'm very glad that Sorenson will allow to have her daughter get VP regardless what the age is. Sometime it pissed me off that they don't get the concept of how important to have children to communicate with "divorce parent". Divorce have lot of impact to children's emotion, and children need equal comunications with parents.

When I work for Sorenson, I have one 90 years old lady that she will be getting VP for the first time. Once I got all the VP hooked up and I asked her who she want to call first.. she said.."my son, in fla". So, we call him and he answered. When she started to talk with him, her eyes got little tears. She said that it feel like he is home with her. Then I trained her how to use VP for 5 hours straight.

Yes, I'm very glad that Sorenson will allow to have her daughter get VP regardless what the age is. Sometime it pissed me off that they don't get the concept of how important to have children to communicate with "divorce parent". Divorce have lot of impact to children's emotion, and children need equal comunications with parents.

When I work for Sorenson, I have one 90 years old lady that she will be getting VP for the first time. Once I got all the VP hooked up and I asked her who she want to call first.. she said.."my son, in fla". So, we call him and he answered. When she started to talk with him, her eyes got little tears. She said that it feel like he is home with her. Then I trained her how to use VP for 5 hours straight.

Aww thats such a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing, very sweet!!

Sweet! Glad to hear that you finally were able to talk to your daughter face to face! And I'm glad to be of assistance!

posts from hell said:
Oh, btw yes, rick is awesome. He needs to hang out more.

LOL! Yeah, my job gets a bit overwhelming at times, so I am not able to hang out as much as I would like. But I do check in from time to time. :cool2:

Back