Talk, scream, curse in your sleep?

DarrenD

Reaction score
That's my problem. I don't hear myself at night, cuz my aids are off, so I prattle all night. And some nights are a little more colorful...

Anyone ever had this problem and overcame it, somehow? :Oops:

Only when AJ isn't feeling frisky. :booty:

Just Kidding. Neither I, nor AJ, are gay. Got it?

I don't scream or curse, but I do kick violently, roll around, and drool.... a lot.

I talk and scream in my sleep quite often, also sign in my sleep as well. I dont think there is much to do about it, but it does provide entertainment to my family who tries to figure out what i am saying. lol

My family has no problem figuring out what I'M saying most of the time. Last night I yelled "YOU LITTLE SHIT!" at the top of my lungs. Then I woke up swinging my legs over to get out of bed the bed to fight someone while hollering "YOU SHITHEAD!" I had a dream that my 13 yr-old son was out drinking with an 18-yr old that he has been forbidden to hang out with. I went outside (in the dream) and confronted the other kid and that's who I was hollering at. I was going at him to kick his ass when I woke up. :mrgreen:

I guess I'm gonna have to rig up a sound detector with an electroshock necklace to shut me up at night...I sleep with my door shut, too, but the other night I woke up my ex-wife who was sleeping with her door shut, too, two rooms away! She lives with me and the boys for the sake of raising the kids with two parents, so there is no one in the bed with me to kick me and wake me up. LOL!

I don't know if I have ever done this, but I do remember watching my grandmother talk in her sleep though. :) At the time (this was years ago), I thought it was interesting to watch her sleep and talk at the same time....I couldn't make out what she said though. :)

DarrenD said:
My family has no problem figuring out what I'M saying most of the time. Last night I yelled "YOU LITTLE SHIT!" at the top of my lungs. Then I woke up swinging my legs over to get out of bed the bed to fight someone while hollering "YOU SHITHEAD!" I had a dream that my 13 yr-old son was out drinking with an 18-yr old that he has been forbidden to hang out with. I went outside (in the dream) and confronted the other kid and that's who I was hollering at. I was going at him to kick his ass when I woke up. :mrgreen:

I guess I'm gonna have to rig up a sound detector with an electroshock necklace to shut me up at night...I sleep with my door shut, too, but the other night I woke up my ex-wife who was sleeping with her door shut, too, two rooms away! She lives with me and the boys for the sake of raising the kids with two parents, so there is no one in the bed with me to kick me and wake me up. LOL!

LOL, that must've been scary for the rest of the family to be awaken by a man yelling at the top of his lung. Sorry but it sounds funny to me.

i was young, i slept and i dream abt my mom get died and i yelled MOMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY with cried.. my mom woke up and came to me.. she hugged me... i thought she died.. i know that was bad dreamm... gee!

I have been told that I did talk and yell during my sleep like "Don't do that to me"! I really prefer to have a deaf or HOH guy as boyfriend to sleep next to me LOL

nope

but I snore and drool, heeheehee...

Even on airplane... I snore and drool.... heeheehee...

;)

I was told that I do sign and talk sometime in the sleep and occasionally mumble as well whenever one of my hearing family would be like UH? *chuckles*

I wonder, has anyone had spilled out an embarrassing comment while they were asleep and it was not intentionally meant for others to know about it? I know it has happened to me once or twice and it definitely got me mortified!

never happens to me either...well I could remember once that in my dream I was dreaming about slapping my brother and then before I woke up, I end up slapping my dad when I was sleeping with my parents as a kid lol it was hiralous.

Steel said:
never happens to me either...well I could remember once that in my dream I was dreaming about slapping my brother and then before I woke up, I end up slapping my dad when I was sleeping with my parents as a kid lol it was hiralous.

That's funny!!! :rofl:

I was told that I sign while I was asleeping a few times. Also talk too even though my family don't know what I am trying to say since I was mumbling hehe

I remember one early am long time ago when I was pregnant with our first child. I was dreaming my husband had two wives ( me and other woman) and we were sleeping with him. I woke up and saw she was not there. I screamed and hit at my husband and asked him where is "your another wife " over again and again till I realized I was still sleeping. Glad it was only one time. To this day we still laugh about this.

i've been told i make weird bird noises... i spent the night at a friends house back in junior high and she woke thinking her window was open and the noises were coming from me. recently like a year ago i spent the night a friends house cause we going to cedar point the next morning ,and they said they couldn't sleep because they kept hearing bird noises .. i was like yeah that was probably me.

I do talk in my sleep everyone does .. its when your in a deep sleep though .. my sister told me i kept saying "tommy" in my sleep when we were up north this past summer. The only tommy i know is my uncle tom ,and my cousins and i usually just call him tommy not uncle tom. I must of been having some chidhood dream of my uncle tom "tommy" babysitting me or something. He use to baby sit my brother and i and he would let us watch beavis and butthead and eat mcdonalds he was a cool babysitter lol.

I have cussed, yelled, talked, signed, drooled, kicked ect in my sleep. I prefer not to sleep at hearing persons house cuz I might start cussin lol.

Soonersseth said:
I have cussed, yelled, talked, signed, drooled, kicked ect in my sleep. I prefer not to sleep at hearing persons house cuz I might start cussin lol.

Oh, I'm nervous about sleeping at anyone's house if I go out of state and visit...*shudders* It just wouldn't do to holler out like a psycopath in the middle of the night. A friend and i are supposed to go spend the night at The Myrtles Plantation to see if we can see ghosts, or whatnot. I imagine if I fall asleep and scream it would just be thought of as normal... :mrgreen:

Soonersseth said:
:lol: true better not sleep at hearing persons house

when i was young my mom worked late nights...so i went to my grandmas..and she would pick me up in the middle of the night and take me home....they tried to wake me up one night...i started screaming and ran to the kicthen and sat on the floor rocking back and forth mumbling incoherantly...it scared the crap out of them....I dont remember any of it..cause i was sleep walking...once i also got ouy of bed and grabbed a cookie tin and walked upstairs and layed at the top of the stairs....haha...I sleep wake alot...

Back