Taken Girls = No male friends?

Have to take this on a case-by-case basis. Some male-female friendships are just inappropriate when in a relationship, such as when there is a past romantic history between the two, but even if there is no past, it still doesn't mean it's okay. Call me old fashion, but I would prefer that my GF does not spend a lot of time with other men, except in group situations or when I am present. I believe in trust and respect and all that in a relationship, but I don't usually trust the other man. But again, gotta go on a case-by-case basis. I always listen to my gut. If it tells me not to worry, then I don't; if it does, then I bring it to attention that I am uncomfortable. My instincts are usually right.

Ahhhhh.. I like your comment :) Good points. You are going to make a woman happy someday :)

I myself, have a few female friends, and my wife has a few male friends. She has no problem with who I am friends with and I have no problem who she is friends with. We both have an agreement, and it mostly for the ex boyfriends/girlfriends. She won't hang-out with her ex alone, and I won't hang out with my ex alone either. We both talked about it, and we both agree that it not we don't trust each other, just we don't trust the ex factor. She has some ex that still hoping she leave me and go back to her. That is what I don't like, and the reason why I won't let her be alone with those people. It more the long the lines of protecting my wife. She understands that she is only 75 lbs and they can easy overpower her. It has happened to her before too, and that the reasoning behind that.

Myself, I know I won't do that, and I also be a flirt to other people too, not just on females. If I get to know a male well enough, I do stupid stuff with them. Just my wife will be with me no matter what if we come across one of my ex, for the fact, there can't be gossip about me and an ex if my wife was by my side.

Every situation is going to be different.

Personally, I do not wish to have a lot of male friends because it could be seen as a lack of fidelity. Emotional (and physical) lines could be crossed, making the existing relationship weaker. I prefer mutual friends. In some cases, friends that one may have when they are single are not the best mutual friends to have.

Personally, I do not wish to have a lot of male friends because it could be seen as a lack of fidelity. Emotional (and physical) lines could be crossed, making the existing relationship weaker. I prefer mutual friends. In some cases, friends that one may have when they are single are not the best mutual friends to have.

what if you are a lesbain..does that mean you should not have lots of female friends?

feels bad, man.

I am more comfortable going out with the group. However I have gone to the coffee shop with a co worker males but that is only pick up and go. :lol: It's not too often going out with male to lunch if it is involved with thank yous or the bets. I dont remember if i ever go out to a bar with male alone at all. like i said, the group before. I am more comfortable going with gay guys to anywhere. :p

what if you are a lesbain..does that mean you should not have lots of female friends?

Hahahahahaah!!! That was almost same question I was going to ask TheWriteALex. My question for him was like what if other female friend of his GF hits it off with her?

Well, the way he wrote on his post sounded like a sort of controlling and insecurity. :X

Hmm, I doubt any lesbians would not have female friends. The same goes for gays. What I wonder is if homosexuals have platonic friends of strong heterosexual origin, do their partners get jealous of their sudden "sexual orientation"?
She did note first off that it is not a black and white situation for all cases to her..

Firstly, sorry for the vague topic title!

There's something I've been wondering about recently. It seems that many* females don't have male friends while they're in a relationship. For example, I've lost touch with many female friends shortly after they've entered a relationship with someone. This is odd because in most cases (bar a few) we were only ever friends anyway!

Is it purely a coincidence? Or is there something more to it? Has anyone else noticed this?

*"Many" does not imply all!

I completely agree with you, as I have lost many good friends after they entered into relationship.

Back