Take Your Shoe Off Please!!!

Take your shoes off?

• Yes

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
I live in Canada and its a custom or mostly everyone here use to and raised to take off their shoes upon entering anyone's house, unless told otherwise and even then its iffy... When i moved to u.s. (lived there for 5 years) people would walk into my house with shoes on and id ask wat are you doing?! but its normal in many american households to keep shoes on...All my friends knew that when they came to my house...no shoes!

Really? Interesting... :eek3:

Europeans would be shock if Americans act like that in their house and will say that their bad manner... wow... I am glad to know that your American friends show their respect on your wish which mean is they are your real friends.

You are mistaken. I didn't mention pets or food or nosy people in my posts.

Because you said

Reba´s post
Interesting.

Many posters mention respecting the homeowner and respecting the house. I haven't read any posts about respecting the guests. It seems like all the focus is on the floors and not on the people who are invited in. Most curious. I really expected to read more posts from people saying they cared more about their visitors than material things

I answered your post in postive way to convince you that the host and guests should respect each other... You beleive in :bowdown: guests no matter what...that´s why I made few lists to question you...

Like I said, I'm shocked at how many people think carpets are more important than people.

You know what? If you don't want your carpets soiled, maybe you shouldn't invite people over to your house. Then your house can be perfectly clean all the time, just like a museum.

If you beleive to let guests do what they want in your house and dirt your carpet or whatever is your own preference...

I can understand where the homeowners come from... I know it´s too much work hard to clean the carpet. It would be nice when guests show their respect out of their friendship to their host. It´s really sad when the guest pulled their face or raise their eye-brows behind their back when they are being ask to take their shoes off.

If you beleive to let guests do what they want in your house and dirt your carpet or whatever is your own preference...
I care more about people and their feelings than my carpet. It's my responsibility to make them feel comfortable when they are in my home. That's all.

... It´s really sad when the guest pulled their face or raise their eye-brows behind their back when they are being ask to take their shoes off.
I'm sorry if your guests do that to you. That's not very nice.

I always remove my shoes. Most of the time I cannot wait to get them off! LOL

If you have nasty floors, I will keep my shoes on. Or stay on the porch. I have no problem hanging out outside! LOL

I vote "yes".

At my parents house, the shoes are off. They don't ask people, but visitors take off shoes when they realize everyone's shoes are off. If not, no big deal. We have dogs and no white carpets, but the dog paws are clean (usually) and the floors are clean too.

In my apartment, we take shoes off. We often sit with the feet underneath, so shoes would damage our sofa. We also don't ask and if someone keeps shoes on - that's ok. We are in college - if no one spills beer or :barf: we are happy (joke! :laugh2:).

If we did, I have a bench on my front porch that would be comfortable for sitting down and removing boots.

We do have a sitting wood chest bench and we're going to put it in the kitchen right by the back door after we finish sanding, priming and painting it...we're going to buy a comfy fabric seat for it too...It's perfect for guests to sit and remove their shoes...

Most of the time I cannot wait to get them off! LOL

hahah me too, I love walking around with bare feet, that's explains why I wear flip flops all the time when I'm going out, sadly I couldn't wear them during the winter LOL

I care more about people and their feelings than my carpet. It's my responsibility to make them feel comfortable when they are in my home. That's all.

Okay, I respect your preference but I understand how the posters feeling about their carpet. It would be nice when the guests show their respect toward their host... Its about care of their respect on their friendship. It's mainly matter.

I'm sorry if your guests do that to you. That's not very nice.

Don't twist my word, okay? Go back and re-read my and other posters previous posts before quoted your first post. It's my first time to learn about "take shoe off" is this thread here... Highlands and I are an European & were like wow... because we never thought about this... It's our habit to take our shoes off automatic without ask them for the permission... It's great to know that some Americans show their respect to their hosts's wish but you? You think it's impolite for the host to ask their guests to take their shoes off and talk about guest's feeling important than carpet is your own belief/opinion. I respect the ADer's posts over carpet and understand them.

You are the one who "complaint" about respect the guests... For your information, we are an adult and know how to treat our guests. We talked about us as host/homeowner. If you want to talk about treat guests then create a new thread.

I do not appreicate that you twist my word when you know my and posters' previous posts before quoted your first post.

Thank you.

Hey you all! I can see everybody leaving shoes tracks on my carpet! Take the shoes off! Grrrrrrrrrrr! I spank all your bums! lol

just joking! lol :nana::run::bowlol:

So almost all of you are saying that, even though my shoes are clean, I have to remove my shoes to enter your homes? Wow...

So almost all of you are saying that, even though my shoes are clean, I have to remove my shoes to enter your homes? Wow...

If they're clean, then keep them on, if they're muddy, *open the washer lid*...

:giggle:

why not ! at least we could see if your socks are clean :giggle:

You don't HAVE to.

You CAN stay outside on the porch.

You ALWAYS have a choice! LOL

I remember when we were getting our basement finished, the workers had to walk in and out the door and up and down the steps. It drove me BANANAS seeing their sawdust and sheet rock footprints on my BLUE carpet! :eek3: So I bought those plastic runners people used to have in their homes like 30 years ago. I would :giggle: when one of them tripped over it! LOL But, I had to do something because I couldn't expect them to take their shoes off.

If people who have never ben to my house before com over and do not remove their shoes (even after seeing everyone else do it) I don't make a fuss. I just don't invite them back! :mrgreen:

Hey keep that lid open; my feet are going in, too! :giggle:

LOL, Please don't ask me to wash your feet and polish them too! heee just kidding!!! Oh you know what? speaking of feet,, maybe some of us gals can paint toe your nails heee. :giggle:

I remember when we were getting our basement finished, the workers had to walk in and out the door and up and down the steps. It drove me BANANAS seeing their sawdust and sheet rock footprints on my BLUE carpet! :eek3: So I bought those plastic runners people used to have in their homes like 30 years ago. I would :giggle: when one of them tripped over it! LOL But, I had to do something because I couldn't expect them to take their shoes off.
You know when you go to the hospital ang they wear those white or blue hospital sock cover things over their shoes, well now alot of labourers bring them to your house if they need to go in and out, if they forget we have a bag of them:) ...when i lived in the u.s. we had people come and deliver furniture and they wanted to walk in the house with their shoes on with muddy shoes:eek:!!! and we had WHITE carpets :eek: and my mom asked can you please take shoes off at the door and he said no lady it's our policy to keep shoes on in case anything happens to our feet..she was like well hold on...the guy stood there..and she came back with plastic grocery bags and elastics so that they can put them over shoes so as not to get the carpets dirty...my mom wasnt about to spend over a grand getting the carpets cleaned cuz ppl tracked brown wet mud all over!!!:ty:

LOL, Please don't ask me to wash your feet and polish them too! heee just kidding!!! Oh you know what? speaking of feet,, maybe some of us gals can paint toe your nails heee. :giggle:

Lol, and don't forget the wax job, too!

Please let me clarify.

I'm talking about social guests, not repairmen, construction workers, or deliverymen.

A guest is someone that I invite into my home for fellowship. I don't care how they are dressed or whether or not they leave a footprint on my carpet, or accidentally spill a drink, or knock over a candle. If something happens, I make sure they don't feel embarrassed about it.

Yes, my guests have accidentally broken things, spilled things, left messes, and even knocked over a red wax candle, leaving a pink stain on my light beige living room carpet. So? That's life. Things don't last forever but friendships can.

I guess I'm just old school baby boomer.

Back