TAKE ADVANTAGE: I hate that word!

lucidjen

Reaction score
I dont know how to start this off; but me and my friend, Kel, we had been talking about that topic for a while. Takin advantage, its more likey when Im sleeping, having friends coming over and spending the night. They wld like steal all my personal stuff, or money, all that. Then later, when I notices, Its hard for me to tell who it was. I gave it up...I'm so sick of it. Most of my friends, at school, they are always asking for money. I mean, get a job! I work for it, what am I suppose to do? My parents give me money just cuz I earned it, not begging for money. I dont care abt money, I only uses it when I need to use it. Food, shopping and all that varieties. Im TOTALLY sick of it, Im getting tired of it. Even Im a softhearted person, I just can't say "NO & I DONT WANT TO GIVE U ANY MONEY!" but I really need to start it, because those money is gaven to me that I earned. I have a job, I worked hard, barley like 22 hours a week. ITs a good job; I work for it and I earn the money. Not to give it away, but it was something really, really emergency or really needed to, I wld be willing to help with money. I just hates when ppl thinks Im rich, just cuz I have a car, nice phone, CI, and house, having a master bedroom [not to brag...just a example]---I'm fed up. Im done. I just need it to get out of me. Thanks- :)

*huggies* lucidjen -- i uddy how u feel -- u would need to put ur foot down and say "no" -- ive been thru that situation too myself til i had to say "no" and thats that -- i know some ppl would take advantage of good ppl stealing items and etc

good vent lucidjen and hope it goes well for u!

Geez..sound like you got thieving friends taking advantage of you! Either dont invite them over anymore or lock up your purse, valuables or what have you! Sometimes i think that people take advantage of others cuz they know that person will be giving them money..dont be too soft hearted is the best way. Just tell them that you dont have any money period! if you keep saying that, they will stop! Dont let them take advantage of you! Hope this helps..

if you are tired of people thinking that
you're rich etc therefore just be humble
and hide your wealth, just get an old beat up car,
get rid of your house and get a small
apartment/condo and wear old crumpy clothes
no fancy stuff at all. Would you like that ?

thats what i learned from my sister-in-law,
She wore very old crumpy clothes acting like
a very poor woman with an old car
wearing old jeans with holes
(BUT, no one knew that
she's from a very wealthy family
in Greenwich Conn and Florida)

I share similiar experiences. Last July, I attended a wedding in Cleveland. I went to the bar one day before wedding, I had woman asking me for loaning HER my fucking $50 bucks. I lied to her face, saying "I don't have money". I sensed that she knew that I bsed her, but who cares? I knew she is relapsed from drugs. :roll:

Last edited:
ah.. simple hide ur stuff and don't let them touch ur stuff again or don't invite them over for sleepovers again... cuz I really never had sleepover party or whatever cuz here is too small for friends to sleep over anyways.. what more i still live with familiy so u'll be fine.. so just drop ur loser firends who uses u and keep ur true friends CLOSER who believe in u for who u are. :)

Defee said:
Geez..sound like you got thieving friends taking advantage of you! Either dont invite them over anymore or lock up your purse, valuables or what have you! Sometimes i think that people take advantage of others cuz they know that person will be giving them money..dont be too soft hearted is the best way. Just tell them that you dont have any money period! if you keep saying that, they will stop! Dont let them take advantage of you! Hope this helps..

I haven't had anyone sleeping over at my house for a while, but right now at this moment, I have a hearing friend that are spending the night at my house for a while, shes coming from Cali, one of my old best friend that moved there recently. But-I just can't do anything. If i dont have anyone spend the night after her, then I will figure its her if "she" is planning to do it. But in the past, she did before. So its hard to trust her again. Stupid huh?

put ur money somewhere that people wouldn't think to look at. if they ask, just say "oh, i just went shopping and i'm almost broke" or "i just got something fixed on my car" or SOMETHING.

A very effective method when it come to hiding money is to hide it in the mattress.

What to do is to make a very thin slice on the bottom of the mattress and put the cash in an envelope, stuff it into the thin slice carefully. The slice should be positioned centrally on the bottom of the mattress, not on the sides.

Most people will not think of looking under the mattress. They'll think it is in the shoes, dressers, wallets, night-stands, coats, etc, etc.

But mattresses?

Most people are too dumb to think of the mattress. Just don't let anybody become aware of the hiding spot.

I did that once on a camping trip because there was a student I didn't trust. I did it while I was alone in the cabin.

I know what ya mean...lol

even my old g/f used to ask me for money for lunch almost everyday and I tried to come up with an excuse telling her that I dont have any, but she knows that I really do and then I ran away lol

Yeah, I hear you, lucidjen -- great vent! :thumb:

I've been there before -- and I only lend money on a short term basis to a selected few who I can completely trust and know they'll re-pay me as soon as they can. Not to just ANYONE who 'needs' money, etc. :nono:

Back