Tainted beef leads to grocery recalls

Remember the peanut butter plant that was shut down? It was disgusting. I saw it on television. :jaw:

Remember the peanut butter plant that was shut down? It was disgusting. I saw it on television. :jaw:

I think i remember that. It was owned by the Peanut Corperation inc if I'm not mistaken.

Do you know what also is disgusting! I seen employees at Marker Basket and Shaw's take a bathroom break and they leave their apron or coat on! I saw a woman that worked in the delis. come out of the lady room with her long coat on , I know she left it on as there is no hook to hang a coat in the bathroom.
I spoke to the manger at Shaw's about this and he told me that should not be happening! I worked in a bakery and I had to take off my apron every time I took a bathroom break. My was not allowed to wear my apron in the bathroom. I was also at Shaw's and wanted to buy some shrimps and the woman that was taking my order was wiping down a meat slicer and she was going to use the same gloves to touch the shrimps! No wonder food it getting tainted so much today people do not think! I told that woman I wanted her to put clean gloves on for my shrimps!

I've actually been on a tour through Oscar Mayer's plant in Columbia, MO. It's listed under Kraft Foods. That was totally disgusting! Also, the stench from when they smoke the meat is terrible. It burns the eyes and just permeates everything in a 5 square mile radius.

I'm glad I decided not to buy burgers this week for my bf and me.

Peanut Corp was permanently shut down by the government I believe after further investigation showed blatant disregard for safe food handling and sanitary operations.

The plant that processed the beef product is likely shut down by the State of Ohio and will not operate until further investigation and correction has been made along with regular checks of their operations. This is a super huge NR for the company if the Feds got involved (highly likely).

I think i remember that. It was owned by the Peanut Corperation inc if I'm not mistaken.

do tell what happened. I wasn't aware of this. Wonder if it happened while I was in my diaper???

do tell what happened. I wasn't aware of this. Wonder if it happened while I was in my diaper???

This happened 5-6 years ago. They were finding Salmonella in off-brand peanut butter that was being sold nationwide. I also think Jif was also affected but it was limited to just a certain run number and date of packaging and it's distribution was pretty limited.

I think a lot of has to do with something as simple as not properly washing down the machinery used in processing or picking up a utensil off the floor and using it to cut meat without washing it first. Line workers not washing their hands properly, or not washing them enough. Sometimes it could be because the meat was too warm for too long before final packaging.

A lot of it is preventable as long as processors follow the SSOPs under the USDA-FSIS Guidelines specific to the type of product being processed.

Back