Tactile fingerspelling with newborns

inmate23

Reaction score
Anyone got an tips?Yes Im expecting

Congratulations inmate23 on your good news. The only person
-here- I am aware of being Deaf/Blind is Mrs Bucket who recently had twins.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Wirelessly posted

congrat, how far along are you? Tactile sign language is interesting because newborn fine motor skill isnt developed yet so baby sign is better option until they can do sign better

All newborns need is lots of skin to skin contact. You're probably going to spend all of your time feeding and changing diapers anyway. Good luck and enjoy the adventure.

Wirelessly posted

congrat, how far along are you? Tactile sign language is interesting because newborn fine motor skill isnt developed yet so baby sign is better option until they can do sign better

about a month by baby sign do you mean body sign?

On-body signing: The body of the person who is deafblind is used to complete the sign formation with another person. E.g.: chin, palm, chest. Often used with people who also have an intellectual disability. Tactile signing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sadly dad doesn't support the learning or use of sign language at home(hes got sensory issues hes a walking quad)

about a month by baby sign do you mean body sign?

Sadly dad doesn't support the learning or use of sign language at home(hes got sensory issues hes a walking quad)

your father won't support learn sign language! my father limit on sign language won't support to me my mom many time really awesome! that is sad!

your father won't support learn sign language! my father limit on sign language won't support to me my mom many time really awesome! that is sad!

No my partner but he does support voice off(sort of) eye pointing

If you're old enough to have a baby, you're old enough to tell your father that you're the parent and you'll be making all of the decisions about parenting. I say this because it can really mess up family dynamics when it is not clear. Save yourself some heartache later.

No my partner but he does support voice off(sort of) eye pointing

If you're old enough to have a baby, you're old enough to tell your father that you're the parent and you'll be making all of the decisions about parenting. I say this because it can really mess up family dynamics when it is not clear. Save yourself some heartache later.

The baby's grandparents will have very little to do with the baby . They are ableism to core

And my mother doesnt like partner(he feels the same)

Wirelessly posted

no baby sign is basic form of ASL so that baby can sign with what he or she can do until his or her fine motor skill is developed. there is PECS card and teach baby to makes noise or nod head if its right card? I'm sure there is forum out there for cerebral palsy expecting child and their solution on communication

Wirelessly posted

Are you deaf blind? If so, deejay is you vision acuity? I'm deaf blind to so I am curious if I can help you find a solution.

I'm not going to like that the grandparents are not going to be around because that's kind of sad. You're wise to protect your child though. It will also help you.

Wirelessly posted

Are you deaf blind? If so, deejay is you vision acuity? I'm deaf blind to so I am curious if I can help you find a solution.

Mine is 6/24 unstable with irens syndrome and nightblindness with glare issues

Capd that functions as floating air hearing loss

Im hoping to get some gene testing re ushers

Wirelessly posted

I'm sure there is forum out there for cerebral palsy expecting child and their solution on communication

Not that ive found
i no of 1 other parent with cp but to say we friends would be HUGE LIE and her x my bf

A newborn doesn't have the capacity to either form or understand fingerspelled signing.

Coordination won't be up to fingerspelling for quite some time. With an infant it is going to be important to concentrate on basic signs.

Wirelessly posted

whats 6/24 unstable with irens syndrome?
again pecs cards will get more clear response in my opinion

Wirelessly posted

Hmmm, so there isn't a visual system that will do you a bit of good... *thinking some more*

Back