T.O. sex-store purchase outs Mississippi mayor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo

Expelled
Premium Member
Reaction score
T.O. sex-store purchase outs Mississippi mayor

The Republican mayor of a Mississippi city was forced to admit he is gay after he submitted a receipt from a Toronto sex shop that calls itself "your favourite gay store in Canada" to state auditors amid a spending scandal.

Greg Davis, the mayor of Southaven, has been under investigation for the expenses he charged to the city on both his city-issued and personal credit cards, the Commercial Appeal newspaper reports.

Last week, Davis, 45, submitted his receipts to auditors to try to reduce the roughly $170,000 auditors have demanded he repay the city for improper charges.

Among the receipts, which included thousands of dollars in liquor and restaurant charges, was a bill for $67 from Priape, a store in Toronto that is described on its website as "Canada's premiere gay lifestyle store and sex shop."

The Commercial Appeal obtained the receipts under freedom to information laws. Davis then revealed his sexual orientation to the newspaper.

"At this point in my life and in my career, while I have tried to maintain separation between my personal and public life, it is obvious that this can no longer remain the case," he said last Thursday. "While I have performed my job as mayor, in my opinion, as a very conservative, progressive individual -- and still continue to be a very conservative individual -- I think that it is important that I discuss the struggles I have had over the last few years when I came to the realization that I am gay."

Davis also told the newspaper he didn't remember what he bought there.

Davis, who also ran as the Republican Party's nominee for the 2008 special and general elections, ran his mayoral campaigns as a Conservative and religious family man, including details about his home life. It said he was married for 19 years until he reportedly divorced in 2010 and has three daughters with his ex-wife and mentions his commitment to a local Baptist church.

To read more: T.O. sex-store purchase outs Mississippi mayor - World - Canoe.ca

Why do these politicians think they can get away with stealing our money for their own personal use? This has nothing to do with his sexual preferences but more to do with fraud. Prosecute him! Prosecute all crooked and dishonest politicians! Then maybe they will learn why it is we sent them to office. It is supposed to be about representing the people not themselves!

This type of two faced, lack of ethics, lying to the public and yourself, discrimination and prejudice against a group of which you are an active member behavior makes me want to puke. He gives "gay" a bad name. I can't imagine that he will find many in the gay community accepting of his totally disgusting dishonesty. And it has nothing to do with receipts.

This type of two faced, lack of ethics, lying to the public and yourself, discrimination and prejudice against a group of which you are an active member behavior makes me want to puke. He gives "gay" a bad name. I can't imagine that he will find many in the gay community accepting of his totally disgusting dishonesty. And it has nothing to do with receipts.

It's just how gay people are conditioned. Just like many deaf people.

It's just how gay people are conditioned. Just like many deaf people.

This goes a bit beyond just being reluctant to come out of the closet. And societal treatment of gays will not improve until those who are gay and completely defy the stereotype that the homophobes have in their heads and their hearts start speaking out and having the courage to be true to themselves.

True that many deaf people are conditioned to hide their deafness. But what is going to change that? Deaf people becoming part of mainstream society and putting a more accurate picture out there of what deaf is and what deaf people are capable of.

No kidding, just like John Yeh gave the deaf community a bad name. Sad.

No kidding, just like John Yeh gave the deaf community a bad name. Sad.

At one time I looked up to John Yeh. I wonder what happened to Mary Yeh? She was my teacher at MSSD.

I kind of feel bad for him. He forced himself to live a lie for so long. I hope the healing can begin for him now.

I kind of feel bad for him. He forced himself to live a lie for so long. I hope the healing can begin for him now.

Yep. Lived a complete lie and in the process spread hatred toward the very people he is connected to. Let's hope he can forgive himself.

Yep. Lived a complete lie and in the process spread hatred toward the very people he is connected to. Let's hope he can forgive himself.

I think he can. He's taking the necessary steps.

Luckily for him, the community he has forcibly isolated himself from for so long is far more accepting and forgiving than the community he is now being forced to leave.

I think he can. He's taking the necessary steps.

Luckily for him, the community he has forcibly isolated himself from for so long is far more accepting and forgiving than the community he is now being forced to leave.

That is a very valid point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back