Switched at Birth

annasymmetric

Reaction score
I know this must have already been a thread here, but I'm bringing it up again because I just started watching. So far I'm on episode 15. (Yes, 15 episodes in 2 days is pretty normal for me)

I don't really enjoy the plot, but what I enjoy is not having to read so many subtitles. As weird as that sounds, it was great to not have to read constantly to enjoy a show. That said, I don't like many of the characters and the plot is super silly.

But it would be great to have more movies or romances with Deaf characters and actually make the characters more than "Deaf".

First three episodes, I turn to my husband and ask him if he noticed anything else about Daphne except that she's Deaf. He said, "She played basketball like once, but they didn't expand on it."

Luckily they did later, but what do you guys think?

i'm caught up and an avid fan of the show. it is highschool drama. but i feel there is something charming of all the backgrounds of characters that is put into this show.

ok, I confess that I'm a too old to be a fan girl for this show. so i'm really down playing it right now.

i'm caught up and an avid fan of the show. it is highschool drama. but i feel there is something charming of all the backgrounds of characters that is put into this show.

ok, I confess that I'm a too old to be a fan girl for this show. so i'm really down playing it right now.

nonsense - you never too old to enjoy any show that interests you. I watch it and I am getting up there in age.

nonsense - you never too old to enjoy any show that interests you. I watch it and I am getting up there in age.

:aw: That's really encouraging, radioman.

In that case. the can of worms are about to open. . . I love the show! The first season can be a bit tedious but that is only the foundation of getting to know the characters. but as you slowly delve into it, you begin to realize the show not only tries to bring a happy medium with understanding both hearing and deaf culture, but also brings in a number of social issues besides audism, such as relationships, classism, and racism. The second season becomes much more interesting with new people and outside struggles NOT in highschool. So stick it through because in season two there is an all ASL episode called the "Uprising" that was really good. and I hope they do an asl episode again. . . and again. . . and again.

yeah.. first season is kinda a setup for the next couple seasons. gets better after first season..... just saying.

I adore this show. It finds ways to stay creative rather than recycling the same ol plots season after season

Not me. i found it interesting that my coworker who was in NAVY for 12 years. She really love that show. lol

yeah.. first season is kinda a setup for the next couple seasons. gets better after first season..... just saying.

Yeah, the first season has a silly plot but it's gathered a lot of characters that provide for some incredibly entertaining situations later. Yes, there is still highschool drama (tons of it) but you also will see more 'adult' situation pop up as well. I was so surprised with the hardships and situations some characters were flung into.

Can't wait until June 16! :thumb:

Is anyone surprised that Matthew is in love with Emmett??

Is anyone surprised that Matthew is in love with Emmett??

yeahhhh... I couldnt beleive it either.. I was like WTH? Just when you know the hollywood ways of things they throw this in ....:shock:

You're RUINING IT FOR HER!!! She's only through 15 episodes!!!! :squint: SHOOSH!!!

Anna, it gets better.... Just have to get to season 2... :)

Back