Switched at Birth petition

About the show, there is a conflict for me. For years I watch NCIS. Sorry.

Now, about the show itself, it is not about Deaf culture. It is more about how people cope with having their children switched at birth and discovery. I was disappointed about how the show is. I wanted it more true in-depth about Deafness. They should have had a show showing in 1970's Deaf and HOH in residental school for the Deaf. That would be pure Deafness. See all signing 90 percent of the time while some HOH uses their voices only with teachers or dorm staff.. things like that. Surviving in that world.

The Switch at Birth show is good but not the best. It is more like partial. A show about switching happens to have Deaf characters, that is all.

Again, my sincere opinion. OK? Thank you if you get my meaning!

I agree. :yesway: I would like to see more interaction at the deaf school, too. And more interaction with signing with the rest of the show's situations and scenes. It's not a realistic show, of course. And the drama is the main thrust, not about Deaf Culture. At least it points the way, brings HOH and Deaf challenges into the mainstream in ways not frequent in most shows. IMO, it makes it look too easy to learn sign and be able to have involved conversations as well. Misleading to the general hearing world. :roll: "Partial" is a very good way to describe the show. :)

When will release Season 1 DVD?

I've seen "Vol. 1" of Season 1 advertised, but it isn't the entire Season 1. Only first 10 episodes on two dvds, evidently.

ABC Family - Switched at Birth - Switched at Birth Blogs Detail

You can watch at the ABC Family web site, episodes 1-20 for free. Includes captioning for spoken dialog and subtitles for signed dialog. I think they will also have the remaining two episodes available for watching soon, as I think the new season begins this summer.

I agree I think the petition is ridiculous. I'm HOH and because of Daphne I'm more comfortable with telling people Hey sorry but I need to see your lips when your talking. I wear biliteral hearing aids but still prefer to lip read. The show isn't suppose to revolve around the Deaf community not completely it's really about how Daphne and Bay were switched and one mother finding out and not saying anything. Plus because it's got a ton of teenagers(ok so Daphne/Katie Leclerc isn't really a Teen she's 25 IRL) there are alot of teens on the show. or I should say actor/actress acting like teens. It's called a teen drama for a reason because it is talking about issues that someone teens may have to face.

I agree I think the petition is ridiculous. I'm HOH and because of Daphne I'm more comfortable with telling people Hey sorry but I need to see your lips when your talking. I wear biliteral hearing aids but still prefer to lip read. The show isn't suppose to revolve around the Deaf community not completely it's really about how Daphne and Bay were switched and one mother finding out and not saying anything. Plus because it's got a ton of teenagers(ok so Daphne/Katie Leclerc isn't really a Teen she's 25 IRL) there are alot of teens on the show. or I should say actor/actress acting like teens. It's called a teen drama for a reason because it is talking about issues that someone teens may have to face.

Right.

Only 86 signed the petition....so much for that.

Back