switch on

eggyman

Reaction score
i am going for switch on tomorrow and am exciting like a kid :P
i don't know what to expected to hear with med el CI so i know i won't get full hearing so i have to be patient .

hey thank you
:) well what can i say ? WOW .At first i had to do beeping test on different pitches to make sure that i am comfortable with loud sound.After the beeping test is time to switch on .It is very strange listening people talking but in time is will get better that for sure .To be honest i can hear it well with some sound are very sensitivity which i don't have with the hearing aid.It is very different sound hearing aid and cochlear implant .I not telling you anymore so you will find out for yourself :D while u go for switch on ;) .When i left the hospital two annoy sound were bothering me was bus and train brake squealling cos is so senitivie sound in my ear so i asked my father that the bus and train brake squealing are nightmare to listen, My father reply to me welcome to hearing world ha :) i think he was so right .
Sound i never heard off before - train brakes squealing, i was walking and hit the stone or pebble all i could hear knocking noise .i stopped & try again hit (my feet) stone and hear the same thing WOW
i am struggling to hear what the tv sound so in time u will hear the tv sound cos i am not ready yet so have to be patience .Music - I do recognise my favourite music but little bit hit and miss .
thank steven

i have four video in my you tube so here the link
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhBC9gwJm1I&list=HL1345851518&feature=mh_lolz]Switch on 3 (cochlear implant ) - YouTube[/ame]

switch on 3 ,Half way through that where i was getting full switch on and the rest was beep test

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edXS8ArhgIQ]Switch on beep test (cochlear implant) - YouTube[/ame]

1ST time switch on only beeping test ,i was grinning like chesire cat :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow6w6NzKQ2Y]Switch on 2 beep test (cochlear implant) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAXSWrouMjQ]Switch on 4 (cochlear implant ) - YouTube[/ame]

Eggyman, I am so happy for you. Someone here told me about the "sensitivity" control and it REALLY helped. TV takes time, I am just starting that now. Music seems to be a very individual thing. I can hear one of my songs, but others are all noise. My audiologist has to keep reminding me that I "have to walk, before I can fly". Sounds like your off to an amazing start. Best of luck to you!!!!!

Eggyman, I am so happy for you. Someone here told me about the "sensitivity" control and it REALLY helped. TV takes time, I am just starting that now. Music seems to be a very individual thing. I can hear one of my songs, but others are all noise. My audiologist has to keep reminding me that I "have to walk, before I can fly". Sounds like your off to an amazing start. Best of luck to you!!!!!
hello angel thank you ,i am overwhelming :) ,Yes some sound are very sensitivity i never had that b4 so just get used to it .I am listening music right now some are hit and miss .She did told me that is take time then u would be able get full quaintly sound so i reply i cannot wait ;) so keen to listening with CI ,It is totally different from hearing aids.
thank angel .how u getting on at the mo ?

hello angel thank you ,i am overwhelming :) ,Yes some sound are very sensitivity i never had that b4 so just get used to it .I am listening music right now some are hit and miss .She did told me that is take time then u would be able get full quaintly sound so i reply i cannot wait ;) so keen to listening with CI ,It is totally different from hearing aids.
thank angel .how u getting on at the mo ?

WOW if your able to listen to music already that is amazing. My daughter suggested downloading some of her piano music that we had recorded many years ago. I am going to try that tonight. Definitely helps to listen to songs your very familiar with, I really enjoyed your activation video and can see the excitement in your face. Remember to give yourself some breaks when needed. A really great app called "Hope Words HD" is extremely helpful. All basic words like Apple, Train, Car, Bear, Book etc. It helps me a lot. Keep us posted!!!:cheers:

well not all music ok ,i try listening to piano no luck bit quiet for me so i remember that when go for tuning session aww bless ur daughter helping you listen anyway good luck with that if u can't hear don't worry time will come :),thank u n yeah was excitement also smiling lots :):)
thank for app i try that soon n will updated ;) .

As I found the hardest part after being "switch on-Implant" was all the sounds that one didn't hear before. I have mentioned before- I thought someone was following me-looked around-no one. I was picking my own footsteps! Amusing in a way.
To date after 5 years with my Implant I am hearing "better" than as I was before all the hearing difficulties :"started". However - much better than when I used my Phonak- from February 19/92 to December 20/06. The date I became bilateral DEAF. Of course one can't hear "backwards"-life in the past is gone.

In the end "eggyman" be patient with yourself as you will notice over time-improvements in hearing with your implant. At least my direct experience over the last 5 years.

Much success in the immediate future on your "hearing journey improvement"

So excited and happy for you!!!:D The look on your face makes me want one so bad!! lol

Back