Swiss Speeder Faces $290,000 Fine

equal treatment? makes you wonder why rich people get the pass when the underprivileged people don't.... especially DUI cases

Ive seen first handed underprivileged people getting the pass on DUI cases. DUI cases are rather easy to beat.

You just have to be "smart."

equal treatment? makes you wonder why rich people get the pass when the underprivileged people don't.... especially DUI cases

Because they can afford better lawyers than the usually incompetent public defenders that get assigned to poor people. And, those lawyers end up costing a ton of money.

You said it best yourself: if you don't want to pay a fine, don't break the law.

Because they can afford better lawyers than the usually incompetent public defenders that get assigned to poor people. And, those lawyers end up costing a ton of money.

You said it best yourself: if you don't want to pay a fine, don't break the law.

Agreed, follow the law. :mad2:

I don't care, fine should be based on fixed price, depends on violation and there's low income does commit violation so repeat.

Best way to suspend the license or face jail time, I doubtfully wealthy people would like their life in jail, also face jail time would losing the good job either, except if you are celebs that would run a big embarrassment.
dude.... I'm from NJ aka The Sopranos State and you should come over and see how it's like for the rich and the famous in here and NY too. :lol:

Losing a good job over this violation? lllllllooooollllllllll.

There's people does make mistake to cause violation, especially speeding when they don't pay attention to speed clock like I did before.
that's what court is for. go argue your case there and beg for leniency.

Look at Jiro's post, your comment is totally unnecessary about capitalist and political stuff. :roll:
that was for you too.

I'm speaking my own opinion.
my opinion makes better sense :nana:

dude.... I'm from NJ aka The Sopranos State and you should come over and see how it's like for the rich and the famous in here and NY too. :lol:

Losing a good job over this violation? lllllllooooollllllllll.

that's what court is for. go argue your case there and beg for leniency.

that was for you too.

my opinion makes better sense :nana:

I know about some people who has very good job like make over $150,000 per year in here and they just lost the job after faced the jail time for DUI, even I know that license will suspended, unless court say so to keep license.

Loghead brought up at first place, not me so I have made a comment about capitalist and political stuff.

Your opinion don't make any preserve to me.

Ive seen first handed underprivileged people getting the pass on DUI cases. DUI cases are rather easy to beat.

You just have to be "smart."

too bad a lot of underprivileged people don't get the same leniency as rich people.

costing a ton? it may costs a ton for poor people but not for the rich.

how do we make the rich people understand it? ;)

Your opinion don't make any preserve to me.

well my opinion is certainly not a strawberry jam. my opinion doesn't require a preservation process :lol:

well my opinion is certainly not a strawberry jam. my opinion doesn't require a preservation process :lol:

I don't see any of your opinion is important than I do but both are equally because you and I don't agree with some issues.

costing a ton? it may costs a ton for poor people but not for the rich.

The expert defense lawyers who get rich people out of DUI jail time, reduced sentences, etc. do not come cheaply. Every offender, regardless of their wealth, is charged with similar offenses and faces the same punishment initially. That's good thing about our system. The lousy thing is that there are slick lawyers who know how to make backroom deals and fancy rhetorical tricks in order to get their clients off and reduce charges. Those are NOT public defenders, which do not cost poor people anything.

how do we make the rich people understand it? ;)

Poor people are just as ignorant, uncaring, and oblivious as rich people, my friend. Wealth really has nothing to do with it.

The expert defense lawyers who get rich people out of DUI jail time, reduced sentences, etc. do not come cheaply. Every offender, regardless of their wealth, is charged with similar offenses and faces the same punishment initially. That's good thing about our system. The lousy thing is that there are slick lawyers who know how to make backroom deals and fancy rhetorical tricks in order to get their clients off and reduce charges. Those are NOT public defenders, which do not cost poor people anything.
So do you know how much the typical legal bills are?

Poor people are just as ignorant, uncaring, and oblivious as rich people, my friend. Wealth really has nothing to do with it.
are you sssuuuuuurrrreeeee about that? :hmm:

So do you know how much the typical legal bills are?

No, and I don't have time or care enough to find that information for you. It's a logical assumption to make. If you don't believe it, disprove it.

are you sssuuuuuurrrreeeee about that? :hmm:

Yes, 100%. People are stupid. Being rich or poor does not change that.

No, and I don't have time or care enough to find that information for you. It's a logical assumption to make. If you don't believe it, disprove it.
A logical assumption... so let's play with that. What do you think what's the typical legal bill that the rich people pay for their first DUI charge?

Yes. 100% People are stupid. Being rich or poor does not change that.
too bad the justice scale is based on how much you make ;)

Justice_Scale.JPG

I grew up in an oiltown, and saw what high incomes do to people; lot of people speed and break other laws based on fines because they're only $50-$300 fine. No problem. Half a day of labour can pay it off. No worries.

It's the ones that don't make the high wages that don't speed and don't commit other violations. Got nothing to do with lawyers, but rather how easy it is to pay off those fines.

I grew up in an oiltown, and saw what high incomes do to people; lot of people speed and break other laws based on fines because they're only $50-$300 fine. No problem. Half a day of labour can pay it off. No worries.

It's the ones that don't make the high wages that don't speed and don't commit other violations. Got nothing to do with lawyers, but rather how easy it is to pay off those fines.

only half a day to make $50-300? tsk.... not rich enough... :lol:

in here - they make that much in just 1-2 hrs :lol: but yea I get what you mean

only half a day to make $50-300? tsk.... not rich enough... :lol:

in here - they make that much in just 1-2 hrs :lol: but yea I get what you mean

Eh, the ones I am talking about makes $30+ an hour, and those ones break the laws all the time because... it's only a drop in the bucket for them. They just show up, pay their fees, shrug it off, and do it AGAIN.

Eh, the ones I am talking about makes $30+ an hour, and those ones break the laws all the time because... it's only a drop in the bucket for them.

hence - "but yea I get what you mean" ;)

hence - "but yea I get what you mean" ;)

;) I know, but it seems like the ones that are arguing against the income-based fines are not upper-middle class or upper-class.

Hell, I still got a disposable income. I just hired a financial advisor to allow me to have a thousand a month (just enough to pay rent, food, utilities.) Self-imposed. Anymore than that, I become one of those rich snobs. :lol:

How interesting subject...

Let's say that a wealthy man goes to jail for 5 months and compare to a middle-class man goes to jail for 30 years.

In reality, it is the same ideal for a movie star or a TV star accepts a few weeks to a few months in jail time. We would not know who you are, and then we don't care about you which means that you would be thrown in a jail for a very long time. Likely, you would be freed from a prison when you turn 60 years old.

Back