Swiss gunman kills 3; had troubled history

Nidal Malik Hasan, a US Army psychiatrist, killed 13 people and wounded 29 others at Fort Hood Texas in 2009.

Lots of guns at Ft. Hood that were not in the hands of the psychiatrist.
Unfortunately, those guns weren't in the hands of the victims so they could defend themselves.

Hasan wasn't in the position of psychiatrist when he attacked; he was in his terrorist killer mode.

The only posts I click to report to the mods are obvious spams.
I do the same, except for a brief period where I felt like being a jerk, and reported a few blatantly trolling posts.

Some would say I never stopped being a jerk. *shrugs*

How does that ol' saying go.??..."Before I'll give up my guns...you'll have to pry them from my dead, cold fingers"....Sort of red-necky....

How does that ol' saying go.??..."Before I'll give up my guns...you'll have to pry them from my dead, cold fingers"....Sort of red-necky....
That was quote from Charlton Heston. I think we could get his guns from him now.

:shock: People discuss "guns" on this site! Oh my! :eek3:

Seems to me these discussions are healthy and a good source for ideas to protect someone. Look at some stats:

The city of Chicago had 500 + deaths this past year due to gun violence. Of course, 80 percent were gang related. They have one of the most restrictive gun control policies in the U.S.

Gun-free zones have the highest rate of gun violence: Schools, churches, convenience and liquor stores, banks and credit unions, homes in cities where you cannot own a gun.

Gun and ammo sales are going great. My sources for target ammo is OUT for now. No idea when they will get their shipments in. Thank you Mr. President for being gun salesman of the year. :P

The idea of restricting access of weapons to mentally ill people is already fading from the news. This Swiss gunman was mentally ill. They took away his personal weapons long ago. A deranged person can always find an alternative way to cause mayhem. The population of Switzerland is about 8 million. The U.S. about 315 million. You cannot compare the two.

What about the lives that are saved every day because of a responsible person stopped a crime with a gun? I can find stories all the time if you just search. The anti-gun media will never report it.

Ok, maybe we should not discuss these things. Someone may be offended.

Well then, maybe we should chat about the 30-40 thousand people killed on our highways each year. That's not much of a topic on AD. A good number of violent deaths because of DUI. I don't see much in the media when a car full of kids are killed by a drunk driver.

I have a first cousin whose husband was killed by a drunk driver. The drinking laws are there. Those who flout the law will still drive. Difference?

Last edited:
That was quote from Charlton Heston. I think we could get his guns from him now.

If Charlton Heston could figure out "Soylent Green", I think he would have made a way to keep his guns safe even after death. :lol:

Your interest in guns and postings on AD over the years is fairly constant, Reba.

6 shot, 1 dead in Columbus, Georgia

4 shot in an Ohio parking lot

1 dead, 3 wounded in San Bernardino, California

2 killed, 2 wounded in Reading, PA

2 dead, 3 wounded in Sacramento, California

These are just reports of victim identities from the 4 days into 2013 and do not include single shootings & deaths or even the double murder/suicide that took place yesterday only about 25 miles from my home or the 2 people shot with 1 death even closer. The USA has a continuing story like this.

So what? I like dogs, and if I want to discuss them, people will usually talk to me.

What was it about deaf people that made you think guns would be unpopular?

:shock: People discuss "guns" on this site! Oh my! :eek3:

Seems to me these discussions are healthy and a good source for ideas to protect someone. Look at some stats:

The city of Chicago had 500 + deaths this past year due to gun violence. Of course, 80 percent were gang related. They have one of the most restrictive gun control policies in the U.S.

Gun-free zones have the highest rate of gun violence: Schools, churches, convenience and liquor stores, banks and credit unions, homes in cities where you cannot own a gun.

Gun and ammo sales are going great. My sources for target ammo is OUT for now. No idea when they will get their shipments in. Thank you Mr. President for being gun salesman of the year. :P

The idea of restricting access of weapons to mentally ill people is already fading from the news. This Swiss gunman was mentally ill. They took away his personal weapons long ago. A deranged person can always find an alternative way to cause mayhem. The population of Switzerland is about 8 million. The U.S. about 315 million. You cannot compare the two.

What about the lives that are saved every day because of a responsible person stopped a crime with a gun. I can find stories all the time if you just search. The anti-gun media will never report it.

Ok, maybe we should not discuss these things. Someone may be offended.

Well then, maybe we should chat about the 30-40 thousand people killed on our highways each year. That's not much of a topic on AD. A good number of violent deaths because of DUI. I don't see much in the media when a car full of kids are killed by a drunk driver.

I have a first cousin who's husband was killed by a drunk driver. The drinking laws are there. Those who flaunt the law will still drive. Difference?

I think you will love my view on guns.

I don't believe that federal should regulate the firearm because the gun regulation should be up to state, except for making interstate commerce that where new law can pass to require state to honor citizens that own firearm from other state. The states have many cultural differences, such as Montana is one of most gun friendly and it is popular for their culture, but not case with New Jersey, New York and Illinois, that why I support state rights to regulate the guns instead of federal. Making federal law that regulate on guns caused tension between state and federal.

Vermont is very liberal state and they are extremely gun friendly state.

I don't think that federal assault weapon will be reinstated because there are some pro-gun democrats will oppose and they will be dead on arrival.

So what? I like dogs, and if I want to discuss them, people will usually talk to me.

Maybe he thinks we only talk about deaf issues such as ASL, CI, HAs. :hmm:

I see lots of areas I rarely visit here, such as GLBT section, Technology, Finance, etc. I bet there are some lively debates over there. Just not my cup of tea.

I do miss the political threads. It was entertaining. Never took it personally, despite the constant trolling from several posters. I was certainly guilty of doing some of that myself. :wave:

Ok, back to the show!

Dogs! We should talk more about dogs.

Nidal Malik Hasan, a US Army psychiatrist, killed 13 people and wounded 29 others at Fort Hood Texas in 2009.

Lots of guns at Ft. Hood that were not in the hands of the psychiatrist.
your point is......? I failed to see any. what a lame cheapshot. :roll:

in case you didn't know - Hasan had an issue with Afghanistan and Iraq war and his complaint was known to his superior. why was Hasan not removed? I do not know.

next time - please think before you post. and think some more. don't be a shameless coward.

your point is......? I failed to see any. what a lame cheapshot. :roll:

in case you didn't know - Hasan had an issue with Afghanistan and Iraq war and his complaint was known to his superior. why was Hasan not removed? I do not know.

next time - please think before you post. and think some more. don't be a shameless coward.

If anything his post proves gun control doesn't work. Ft Hood HAD gun control and left those men vulnerable to people who do not obey rules.

If anything his post proves gun control doesn't work. Ft Hood HAD gun control and left those men vulnerable to people who do not obey rules.

688486.gif

adam i would think in light of the horrors that happened recently that guns would be a hot topic, another forum i member of plus a local one to where i live it been discussed non stop...i hate guns i think should be banned but unless you discuss the rights and wrongs on all types of forums it helps give objective views...
i not american but my brother is and he has pistols rifles he know my views but he can't get into my mind set as i cant him.He takes the amendments seriously democracy he thinks would be destroyed.and who to say he and millians of others are wrong...
we in uk have had our share of mad gun man Hungerford, Dumblain and our gun laws are stickter than states they had mad gunman kill three people in switzerland today .. peaceful country gun laws tight.
i just putting fair argument as i can see both sides
i thought it amendent five not two the freedom with speech and fire arms....
the nub of it adam is freedom of speech,lots of people on here cant hear music but have every right to debate it with those that can and deafie maybe well be right they come to conclusion in different way.
as for gun injuries nr irland and south africa are far more specilized than the states one had far more gun injuries the other still has...american doctors had to come to nr irland learn updated gun facial wounds and ireland is uk gun laws,that must say something about stupidiness of guns...there que of gun maniacs out in the world we never going to stop them but i guess a licenesed owner knowing what they got and where they live not going to either but it may help.

Back