Swedish interpreter becomes viral star

The interpreters were all great. :) Some of the audience thought he should be sent to Eurovision instead of the singer, since they enjoyed the performance so much.

Just thought I would share this wonderful youtube clip with you all.

link didn't work. Be right back.

Ok got it! Here it is.

https://youtu.be/S0OeBrQBPNc

Yea any interpreters must know how to interpt in singing.

I had an lousy interpreter once. There were two interpreters so i like the other one better. So they had to turn back and forth. So one is bad. I was like ok ok.. Until the switch to a better interpreter and i enjoyed..

Wow, sure beats some zombie terps ive had in the past....
Wicked.

Interpreting songs and theater are specialized skills that not all interpreters acquire.

I like that Moos added the explanation about it being Swedish sign language, not ASL, and then his demonstration of the sign for LOVE. Very interesting.

Makes me wonder whether or not the entertainer headliner during the halftime show of the Super Bowl block sharing the stage with an interpreter.....

Makes me wonder whether or not the main entertainer headliner during the halftime show of the Super Bowl block sharing the stage with an interpreter.....
Each venue and performer is different. There are a lot of factors that go into planning these events.

Even on a small scale I've seen egos get involved. I remember once when one of my colleagues had a clash with a local narcissistic TV reporter. The reporter (who fancied herself attractive) was reporting on our local hurricane preparations. The interpreter for this important community information was younger and more attractive than the reporter. The reporter ordered the interpreter to stay out of her camera shots. Whoa!

Back