Suspected pitbull attack, kills pregnant pro-pitbull woman

Well - I guess we live in a very dog dangerous neighborhood. :giggle: We have Dalmatians, Huskies, Bulldogs, Pit Bulls, German Shepherds, Dobermans, Labradors, Poodles, and mixed breeds. A lot of them get loose and the only ones that seem to bite, snap, or terrorize the neighborhood are the mixed breeds. My daughter is able to go up to any of them except the mixed breeds, tie a leash to the collar and get them home without incident. Maybe it's just her. She has had a way with animals for as long as I could remember, but this is one way she helps in the neighborhood. Taking the "escapees" home. The mixed breeds, will snap and snarl and they require having the owner or the pound come out. Oh, and one of the Pit Bull's, was previously used in cock fighting. Now, he is very sweet and docile.

Be careful of the poodles, I hear they steal beauty supplies when you are sleeping.

Little thieves!

Well - I guess we live in a very dog dangerous neighborhood. :giggle: We have Dalmatians, Huskies, Bulldogs, Pit Bulls, German Shepherds, Dobermans, Labradors, Poodles, and mixed breeds. A lot of them get loose and the only ones that seem to bite, snap, or terrorize the neighborhood are the mixed breeds. My daughter is able to go up to any of them except the mixed breeds, tie a leash to the collar and get them home without incident. Maybe it's just her. She has had a way with animals for as long as I could remember, but this is one way she helps in the neighborhood. Taking the "escapees" home. The mixed breeds, will snap and snarl and they require having the owner or the pound come out. Oh, and one of the Pit Bull's, was previously used in cock fighting. Now, he is very sweet and docile.

I remember bit me I am scared I was 5 yrs I am very afriad because something reason I aware it my feeling panic, pitbull risk on reveal on bit angry my legs I am lucky, parents not responsibility said sorry for me!

Steel, see previous posts in this thread that attempt to dispel these myths some people keep bringing up.

MYTH #1: Pit bulls have locking jaws <NOT>

MYTH #2: Pit Bulls are "ticking time bombs" and will "snap" <NOT>

as Banjo stated - media likes to perpetuate these MYTHS but they are FALSE

Okay, have fun with a pissed as hell pitbull and see how you survive.

Steel, see previous posts in this thread that attempt to dispel these myths some people keep bringing up.

MYTH #1: Pit bulls have locking jaws <NOT>

MYTH #2: Pit Bulls are "ticking time bombs" and will "snap" <NOT>

as Banjo stated - media likes to perpetuate these MYTHS but they are FALSE

that is serious on risk dangerous on pitbull dangerous I aware it i recommand to insultin becuase angry fight to dog I know experience, I sent to Vet investigatory to behavior to dogs reason serious!

Okay, have fun with a pissed as hell pitbull and see how you survive.

you're much more likely to die from pissed off German Shepherd than pissed off pitbull. and it's a fact.

you're much more likely to die from pissed off German Shepherd than pissed off pitbull. and it's a fact.

how do you know?
pitbulls were breed as a FIGHTING dog
whereas a GSD is breed as a shepard dog??
WTF
think!

how do you know?
very simple. look at the size difference. I don't think you realize how really small pitbull is compared to German Shepherd. and how fatal German Shepherd mauling is compared to pitbull.

pitbulls were breed as a FIGHTING dog
whereas a GSD is breed as a shepard dog??
WTF
think!

oh yea? then why did Roman military use German Shepherd and Rottie? why do police and military currently use German Shepherd?

He's right. German shepherds are the most used dogs in the police (K-9 Unit) and military forces. (war dogs)

Sooo yeah they are pretty fast.

"Beagle kills toddler" is simply not sensational enough :(

My brother had a Beagle that absolutely hated me from the very first day my brother had him. I had never done anything to do the dog. In fact, I was scared to death of him. He tried to attack me when I was 4, and had I not been able to slam a storm door closed between us, I am certain he would have mauled me. There was just something about me that he did not like.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Beagles are pretty high-strung. At least the ones I've been around.

Beagles are pretty high-strung. At least the ones I've been around.

I have met some that were friendly, but I have met a few that I would consider high-strung. Not to mention that the breed is prone to seizure disorders.

My dad had to have stitches from a nasty bite from a poodle.

Imagine if they had the capabilities of a bigger dog's bite.

They'd simply be on the "Most dangerous breeds" list.

A chihuahua actually made me shed quite an amount of blood once. Their little, but surprisingly sharp, teeth can do some damage! (Disclaimer: He didn't actually bite me. He was trying to lick my face and I tried to pull away and my nose made contact with one of their shark teeth.)

BTW - most people assume that all police dogs are German Shepherds. About half of all these police dogs are actually a Belgian Malinois. A different breed that is mistaken for a German Shepherd. There is a difference in temperament and personality. The GSD is more laid back yet must be kept busy. I have worked with a GSD that had a habit of fear biting. He nailed me on the hand once, but we worked through it. He's now a level-headed grown drug dog. He was very intelligent and needed something to keep him busy. The move was a perfect one in my opinion.

No breed should be 'aggressive', any dog that is aggressive has issues that need to be dealt with by a professional trainer.

To me, aggression is NOT a desirable trait for any breed.

As for the breedings of the pit bull - they were bred in Europe originally as bait dogs for bull fights. Their job was to bite down on the bull's throat and never let go, no matter what kind of fit the bull threw, so they were bred for their strong jaws so they could latch on. No pit bull has an actual 'lock jaw'. Their jaw structure creates a solid hand-like grip. Their jaws do not actually lock. A well-bred pit bull is laid back, very playful, and people oriented. Not aggressive towards people or other animals. Remember the movie 'Homeward Bound' with the two dogs and cat that worked their way across the wilderness to get home? The white dog is/was an American Pit Bull Terrier. His name was Chance because he had been given a second chance. He was never portrayed as aggressive towards people or the other animals. He was curious, but never aggressive. His 'owner' was the younger boy in the movie. This was an accurate portrayal of the personality of a pit bull.

About the only way to get this bad boy image off the pit bull is if police forces started using them in their police work by training them to track down and apprehend suspects who run, sad huh?

TRUE that -

The Mal <imports> is more and more used by police departments because there are less health issues in the breed and they as a whole seem to have a more "even" in terms of range <but VERY high-drive, almost "over-the-top"> temperament; the popularity of the GSD through many years has cost the breed.
The Malinois is meant to be a high-level working dog for experienced people. The sport of Dutch Ring is "their" sport, similar to Schutzhund but not as style-ized. They're similar to a Border Collie in drive and working but add in extra power and protection ability.
I don't even know if I'd be able to offer the Malinois what they truly need in terms of activity.

Sounds like a great dog for the right owner.

here is a link to typical Mal doing one of the things they were bred for
<French Ring>
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDBzaunJiGk]Chaos - French Ring II - Belgian Malinois - YouTube[/ame]

and FR111 routine: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzA-UJq0WAE[/ame]

Back