Survey: The BEST and WORST tasting fast food

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Three of the biggest fast food chains in the U.S. are among the lowest rated for the taste of their food, according to the results of a survey from our partners at Consumer Reports.

The magazine asked its subscribers to rate burger, chicken, sandwich and burrito restaurants on a scale from 1-10, and the results were not pretty for some of the most well-known brands.

Burger Chain Rankings

Among burger joints, McDonald's ranked last, with a score of 5.8 -- nearly a full point below the next lowest chain.

Among burger chains with restaurants in the Tri-State, Five Guys Burgers and Fries ranked the highest, with a score of 7.9, in third place overall.

Culver's fared well, with a score of 7.7, and White Castle ranked slightly lower at 7.0.

Other lower-rated burger chains, in order from best to worst tasting in the survey, included Wendy's, Sonic, Burger King and Jack in the Box.

Chicken Chain Rankings

Among chicken fast food chains, KFC came in last place, with a score of 7.1.

Chick-fil-A took the top spot, with a score of 8.1.

Both Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen and Boston Market scored a 7.7, placing in the top half of the survey.

Sandwiches and Subs Rankings

In the sandwiches and subs category, Subway was next to last, with a score of 7.2. Arby's was just a notch ahead, at 7.3.

Firehouse Subs ranked second overall and won among chains available in the Tri-State, with a score of 8.2. Schlotzsky's, McAlister's Deli and Jersey Mike's Subs also finished in the top half of sandwich chains.

Jimmy John's, Potbelly and Quiznos ranked closer to the bottom.

Burritos Rankings

Taco Bell ranked at the bottom of burrito fast food chains, scoring a 6.3.

Moe's Southwest Grill was also in the bottom half of the survey.

At the top was Chipotle Mexican Grill, which scored a 7.8. Qdoba was just behind with a 7.6 score.

Consumer Reports subscribers ate more than 96,000 meals at 65 chains to come up with the results.

See Full Rankings | More Details

Survey: The BEST and WORST tasting fast food - Story | abcactionnews.com | Tampa Bay News, Weather, Sports, Things To Do | WFTS-TV

I haven't heard of most of those on the list.

Interesting, and funny that I actually prefer the ones that were lowest ranked. But I don't eat fast food often at all, and many I haven't even tried. Some are not local to here.

I use fast food as a last resort...

Five Guys Burgers are awesome....but I still like Burger King more than Mc'D's.

Boston Market is horrible! I ate there only once and would not go back , the cornbread was gross and chicken was undercooked and the side dishes come out of boxes a and dumped into pans. It's really hard to find a good place to eat at today. We have a lot Yuppies restaurants in my city , the meals are the size of an eye ball and you have to pay an arm and a leg for it.

Boston Market used to be good (it's been too many years since I had any). Loved them when they first started out as Boston Chicken.

I know they are trash and low quality but there's something about the hot ketchup, soggy pickles, and tiny onion bits that make me love the lower rung McDonalds burgers... I even order them with extra soggy pickles on the rare occasion that we we at there lol

i like Carl's Jr....that better than BK and Macca combined...

As with so many things that Consumer Reports shows as sources of things we do not have most of those listed, especially at the top.

Locally I can chose from: Hardee’s, Wendy’s, Sonic, Burger King, McDonald’s, Dairy Queen which is not on their list!, Quiznos, Subway, Taco Bell.

Of course, there are also pizza places and purely local places that are not included in this survey.

I use McDonald's most often when I want that type of meal simply because they are the closest to my home and I am most often getting carryout and eating at home. If the group I often eat with wants something faster than from a place that prepares when ordered it is often Wendy's.

I avoid most fast food but really like Chipotle - I can get a "naked" -no tortilla- veggie <and now tofu> burrito bowl with lots of their salsa and beans, good stuff, I think.

We have Schlotzsky's here and hubby really likes it; I do to some degree but not as much as I used to, but it's nostalgic place for us as we first went there in early 90's when hubby was just out of college. I hadn't graduated yet. We were still dating<met in college> and had never heard of it til we saw one when driving and were intrigued by the name, so we tried it.

I used to like Quizno's and Boston Market but haven't ate there in some years. Hub hates Subway but loves Culver's.

Back