survey questions

Asl101student

Reaction score
Hello, this survey for anyone who has been in a mainstream program at school. Thank you in advance for your help and taking the time to help me out for my school survey project.
Survey Questions:
#1. How's your communication with your parents and family?
#2. How was your school experience? what are some difficulties you went through? What are some pros and cons?
#3. What has been the most difficult struggle within the hearing community?
#4. what bothers you the most about the things in the hearing community? how have you dealt with it?
#5. what are some things you dislike about the deaf community? why?

Again, thank you for your help:)

Hello, this survey for anyone who has been in a mainstream program at school. Thank you in advance for your help and taking the time to help me out for my school survey project.
Survey Questions:
#1. How's your communication with your parents and family?
#2. How was your school experience? what are some difficulties you went through? What are some pros and cons?
#3. What has been the most difficult struggle within the hearing community?
#4. what bothers you the most about the things in the hearing community? how have you dealt with it?
#5. what are some things you dislike about the deaf community? why?

Again, thank you for your help:)
If I don't count since I am still in high school, you don't have to read mine.
#1. For all my life, I have been communicating orally with my family and parents. My dad and I have been trying to learn ASL so that I could adjust to the deaf community better later.
2. I currently love my school. After being in the Academic Bowl and swimming team, a lot of the people(hearing) respect me and show no animosity toward me. I have a lot of friends(95% are hearing) that are really respectful and don't exclude me(I have been excluded somewhere else, by idiots who think that deaf means that they are people with IQ less than 75 and that they can boss them around and say all the bad things around them) I
Right now, I am in the Project Lead the Way program which is a engineering program that teaches engineering. It is a tough and awarding class. If I had to say difficulties, yes; Since teachers are always going to be talking, it can be hard to keep up with what he says(I use micro-phone and c-print) and that often leads to a lot of studying every day(IT a good habit!:hmm:) Sometimes, I get lost in conversations with my friends, but it really doesn't matter as one of my friend will repeat what the conversation was about. To be honest, I really don't have problems in school. The Pro's is that I can get a education that I can't get at deaf schools and to be with my friends. The Con's is that it can be hard to keep up with school work from time to time.
#3(This applies to #4) If I had to say one thing, it would be ignorance and discrimination. There are a lot of people that don't respect deaf people and in particular, a really bright students. They stereotype deaf thinking that they just below average people and they can't talk is one of the most common stereotypes I've encountered. And they get :shock: when I go against their "stereotypes". I have actually been bullied on the basis that I was deaf. I went to a camp over the summer. IT was 2 weeks and I was the only deaf guy on the camp. It was technical and I was there to learn programming. There was this tall guy, all bones and no skin who thought He could boss me around. He tried to exclude me from classes to social gathering. I just ignored him and went with a couple of people that knew me and they ignored him. The thing is that you should ignore people when they do this kind of thing. They crave attention and if it escalate, well you know what to do. The instructors weren't much of a help, so I ignored them too. To be honest, I never liked that camp. If you ever get bullied or discriminated, report on them and ignore them.
#5. I really can't comment on this since I was never that connected with the deaf community. I have not experienced it other than going with my deaf friends to events in Montgomery County.

Awesome! Thank u so much for your help. I have learn so much about the deaf community in this semester, and I appreciate you answering my questions and sharing your experiences with me. Thank u thank u thank u :)

Back