Survey about Drive Thrus at fast food.

Mizzou

Reaction score
I already survey and hope that will help us deaf/ hearing imparied to get better with drive thrus. Welcome to write and have a survey below the link. :D

Dear Friends,

We have developed a survey that we are hoping you will with share with your friends/colleagues who are deaf/hard of hearing and their experiences with the restaurant community. We are interested in the experiences of people with “Drive Thrus” at fast food restaurants in North America.

We are trying to get as large a sampling as possible. Please know that we will not be selling or distributing this list to anyone.

To participate in the survey, click here: http://fs6.formsite.com/uISDriveThru/form213937691/index.html

Patrick Hughes, Jr.
Phughes@inclusionsolutions.com
http://www.InclusionSolutions.com

done my survey it was a good idea to do that! good job mizz deaf for posting this :)

MizzDeaf -- yes ive done the survey and i think thats a good idea for them to do this survey :thumb:

Thank you women for vote..... is there anyone more??? I am waiting you all guys!!!!

*whistle*

Restaurants

I am wondering how Starbucks handles all the deafies that come there? Perhaps they have reached some conclusions that they could share with us?

Lantana said:
I am wondering how Starbucks handles all the deafies that come there? Perhaps they have reached some conclusions that they could share with us?

I not know anything about Starbucks but it is popular for deafies and hearies. My guess they are friendly to everybody (deaf/hear). I have no problem with them when I was asking for help with my car broke down once and offer me a drink. That was very nice of them. :D

starbucks hawaii's protocol is to ensure ALL deafies are accomdated with picture menus So if they go thru the drive thru and not use the speaker, the baristas ( the starbucks workers) automatically knows thier deaf, and will have the picture menu whipped out and ready to show the customers, and also anyone who has animals in the car Ie; dogs they also are treated like customers too and have a free water bottle and dog biscuit ( cookies for them) :) So Starbucks treats ALL thier customers the same, a high standard and high protocol no matter where they are and what they do, and who they are. my mom works at the hilo starbucks drive thru and has encounter two deafies driving thru all mom did was sign to them and asked them to sign slow so that she can get the orders right and gave them a discount when thier car also died like urs Mizz Deaf and gave some change back cuz they were stuck in the drive thru and 4 gentlemen of our co workers ran out to push thier car out of the way CALLED the tow truck And called me for interpeting them when the tow truck came :) So thats good service :)

Java ~ kewl to know about ur sisturation... yes, they are very friendly. :D

I took the survey, though I may throw the results a bit...I had to check the mobility impairment box as well, because I am, technically...and it ends up being my obstacle rather than my deafness. But all in all, I generally avoid drive-thrus with speakers.

pbpara said:
I took the survey, though I may throw the results a bit...I had to check the mobility impairment box as well, because I am, technically...and it ends up being my obstacle rather than my deafness. But all in all, I generally avoid drive-thrus with speakers.

Oh okay, U took the survey so hope that result will take your wish. I do understand about you avoid from that speaker. I do go drive-thrus without the speaker so that what i am doing sometimes... :D

MizzDeaf said:
Oh okay, U took the survey so hope that result will take your wish. I do understand about you avoid from that speaker. I do go drive-thrus without the speaker so that what i am doing sometimes... :D

I went to a McDonalds once that had an actual person in an outside booth in place of the speaker. I was traveling, so I don't know if they still have it or if that was some sort of a test. It was a good idea, though, IMO. If there was a person there to take orders I would not have a problem. Walkups and such are fine, because you give a person your order...I am capable of giving a speaker my order but I don't know whether or not they're ready. :p I guess I just never really gave it much thought before...I just generally avoid the drive-thru, not really mad about having to, though.

My deafness is small potatoes compared to what else has gone on in my life over the past 6 years...I can adapt to most any situation to make up for not being able to hear, but the chair is a little harder to make up for. Maybe in 10 years I'll be an old pro and I'll see it the same way...heh. :p

I already submitted my survey. I think this will be benefical to the deaf society. Hopefully, sometimes in the future, they will be more accessible.

I often went to fast food services' drive thru and they had this snubby attitude towards us deafies. Oh well, I tried various fast food restaurnants and found Burger King the most friendly, very patient towards deafies since deafies often gathered there.

LinuxGold said:
I already submitted my survey. I think this will be benefical to the deaf society. Hopefully, sometimes in the future, they will be more accessible.

I often went to fast food services' drive thru and they had this snubby attitude towards us deafies. Oh well, I tried various fast food restaurnants and found Burger King the most friendly, very patient towards deafies since deafies often gathered there.

I don't think it is just a specific restaurant. I think it depends on location and how often a Deaf customer goes to certain fast food joints. Because if a fast food place is popular with the Deaf, the staff learn to adapt quickly to serve the Deaf. Businesses don't care about small numbers, but if you go there with a large group of Deafies, they'll go:

:jaw: "WHOA, DAMN!"

Here in Utah, Del Taco is most Deaf friendly fast food joint.

They really shouldn't need to make such wide eyes, though...I mean, we aren't aliens. LOL

I do not use drive thru and I never used one.

my parents does and I get food when i was younger.

I just go inside and get food with paper and pen.

drive thru is scary to me cause i cant fuckin talk at all.

Yes, I know deafies goes to same resturant and use to them, other resturant not seen deafies often and will do :shock: like OH UMMMM (blahies)

I do frequently go through the drive thru and pass the speaker ... few times they got mad at me for doing that and told me to come in .. I told them ur door is closed after these hours. and they were gasped and reaction and apology to me ... Sometime i get free foods from them althrough i usually throw in few tips money they said they don't accept tips .. I told them screw policy since ur doing good job from these reaction that something i really appericate so have good night and drive away without take these tips money back ... so they are struck with it .. I know it sound stupid to do at fast food service to have that tips money as i just did .. Thats my suggest to do give them the tip and drive away once they show good attutide ..

Great to know about them showing you their attutide that will impress us. :D

Back